Happy Memorial Day

If you have the day off as I do, enjoy it. Just remember, it's the sacrifices of others who made it all possible. The one our family remembers: Lawrence Garrison, a beloved uncle, who died before I was born, on an amphibious landing of the Pacific Island Tarawa by the Marines in WWII. Recently a letter was found to the family, written on Christmas just before that landing; that is a precious heirloom. As it was read to me by my older sister, I just thought how much I wish I had known him. I find it interesting to read his bio, and to look at the history of that battle on this site:

His Bio from "Tarawaontheweb"

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 2

As we pause at 3:00pm for a moment of memory of those brave men & women who gave up their tomorrows so that we have our freedom do not forget those veterans who bare the scars and survived the wars. The next time you see either a veteran or one serving in the military tell them thanks for their service.

As you can see by the post by eulesismoore there are many families who have had some one pay the ultimate price for this great nation, the United States of America.

• Upvote 3

These are some very lucky kids... Having the chance to learn from WWII vets is a learning opportunity that shrinks by almost 1000 people a day. The kids at this school hopefully now have a better understanding of how important Memorial Day actually is.

High School in Colorado creates documentary about and learns first hand about WWII from those who fought it.