Pre Season Sunbelt Rankings

wardly

Sometimes these "forecasters" take prior performance and use it as a indicator for future success. We see the new OC, the new recruits and improvement from last year... They see 5-31 over 3 years. What do you expect them to say?

This is a show me world, hardly anyone outside of the Mean Green faithful are going to give us a snow ball's chance in Hell of doin anything this year.

Besides, what fun is it to go into the year with a negative attitude?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Seems to me that the prognosticators have been spot on the past few years.

I honestly see NOTHING to indicate this team will be any better than last year. Too many new elements, too few successes to build on. Of course, come late August I will be anxious to see it on the field. Right now, it's too early to drink the kool-aid.

Edited by UNTflyer
  • Upvote 6

I really don't put much stock in many of the publications other than Phil Steele and Campbell's. The other publications really don't know crap about the Belt. This is not to say I think NT is going to win 6 or 7, I hope they do, but as it was said earlier, there are just too many unknowns for me right now. I could see it going either way at this point, I am not jumping off the cliff yet, but I am not predicting a bowl game either

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I said 3 wins before the season last year and people told me that I sucked!

I'll say 4 wins this year. I really don't like starting out @ Clemson. We were a decent team last year until we went into Bama. Any confidence we may of had was thrown out the door and this team never recovered

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

the team has poor history and that trumps everything else until proven otherwise to these magazines.

one thing this team has this year is a lot of returning experience. the main thing it does not have is winning experience and confidence.

i want to believe we will be better but i do not see wins over most of the scheduled teams. 4-8 maybe.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I just think it's hard not to take in consideration how many close games we lost last season, 6 games by 7 points or less. Im going with what George Dunham said last week on dallasnews.com 7 or 8 wins MARK IT DOWN!!!

Everyone should really go back and look at their own predictions for last year and compare them to what they are predicting this year.

I tend to give more credence to the predictions by people who are emotionally removed from the program. I love George D., but he is obviously emotionally invested in UNT (thank God).

• Upvote 2

I think losing Riley is going to hurt a helluva lot more than people think. Teflon Todd taking a back seat is huge, but is it enough? Will one more year of experience for the defense be enough to push it over the hump? Every team "improves" in college football, so NT's improvements could be offset. I'm predicting 3 wins & a new coach heading into our new stadium.

I think losing Riley is going to hurt a helluva lot more than people think. Teflon Todd taking a back seat is huge, but is it enough? Will one more year of experience for the defense be enough to push it over the hump? Every team "improves" in college football, so NT's improvements could be offset. I'm predicting 3 wins & a new coach heading into our new stadium.

losing riley is probably worth 3 wins from reduced turnovers...RD is a fine kid, just not the QB for UNT. We will do better at QB than most think, just like we did with Alabama (QB wise that is)

I assume these magazines are going with the odds rather than even looking into the sunbelt teams. My guess is Troy or MUTS are predicted winners every time. Why? Because it's easy to pick them to win and the odds are in their favor.

Uh... and they happen to be the favorites this year of just about every knowledgeable SBC fan.

Taking the longshot at the track in every race is a sure way to go broke.

And make no mistake, we are the longshot.

Edited by UNT90