(Mexican President) Calderón Blasts Arizona Immigration

It's a shame what a nation of limp wristed pansies we have become. When we get criticized on our own soil about our AZ immigration law (which 70% of the states citizens approve) and have congress members stand and applaud, pretty sad day in America. How about we put on our big boy underwear and stand up for this great nation. Sadly though, in the morning we will put on our garter belts and fishnet stockings and be the worlds little stomping ground. I vote that all the wusses that applauded Calderons speech turn in their man-card when they leave this great country to live in Mexico.

No, underwear with an action hero on them is NOT consider big boy underwear.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

It's a shame what a nation of limp wristed pansies we have become. When we get criticized on our own soil about our AZ immigration law (which 70% of the states citizens approve) and have congress members stand and applaud, pretty sad day in America. How about we put on our big boy underwear and stand up for this great nation. Sadly though, in the morning we will put on our garter belts and fishnet stockings and be the worlds little stomping ground. I vote that all the wusses that applauded Calderons speech turn in their man-card when they leave this great country to live in Mexico.

grandpa-simpson-yelling-at-cloud.jpg

It's amazing how frequently this image is fitting.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The following links show the absolute hypocrisy of Calderon as it relates to illegal immigration:

Wolf Blitzer Interview #1

Transcript of CNN

So hope the Liberals are proud of their support of the hypocrite, hope Obama was able to get back up off his knees.

Impressive line of questioning by Blitzer. Well done.

BLITZER: So what -- in the meantime, is there anything wrong with states trying to tighten up their security?

CALDERON: The point is to introduce these kinds of elements, especially racial profiling aspects that are attempting against what we consider human rights. It's the principle of discrimination, which is against the values of this great nation.

BLITZER: Has your foreign ministry issued a travel advisory to Mexicans not to visit Arizona?

CALDERON: Yes, because according with this law, it's -- there is some risk for Mexican people, especially because...

BLITZER: And so if a tourist goes to Mex -- to Arizona and has the proper visas, the proper papers, what's the risk?

CALDERON: The risk is that it -- well, they looks like Mexicans. And, exactly, they are Mexican, even they are visiting and buying things in Arizona.

BLITZER: All right. Let's talk a little bit about Mexico's laws. I read an article in "The Washington Times" the other day. I'm going to read a paragraph to you and you tell me if this is true or not true. This is from "The Washington Times": "Under the Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony punishable by up to two years in prison. Immigrants who are deported and attempt to reenter can be imprisoned for 10 years. Visa violators can be sentenced to six year terms. Mexicans who help illegal immigrants are considered criminals."

Is that true?

CALDERON: It was true, but it is not anymore. We derogate or we erased that part of the law. Actually, the legal immigration is not a -- is not a crime in Mexico. Not anymore, since one year ago. And that is the reason why we are trying to establish our own comprehensive public policy talking about, for instance, immigrants coming from Central America...

BLITZER: So if people want to come from Guatemala or Honduras or El Salvador or Nicaragua, they want to just come into Mexico, they can just walk in?

CALDERON: No. They need to fulfill a form. They need to establish their right name. We analyze if they have not a criminal precedent. And they coming into Mexico. Actually...

BLITZER: Do Mexican police go around asking for papers of people they suspect are illegal immigrants?

CALDERON: Of course. Of course, in the border, we are asking the people, who are you?

And if they explain...

BLITZER: At the border, I understand, when they come in.

CALDERON: Yes.

BLITZER: But once they're in...

CALDERON: But not -- but not in -- if -- once they are inside the -- inside the country, what the Mexican police do is, of course, enforce the law. But by any means, immigration is a crime anymore in Mexico.

BLITZER: Immigration is not a crime, you're saying?

CALDERON: It's not a crime.

BLITZER: So in other words, if somebody sneaks in from Nicaragua or some other country in Central America, through the southern border of Mexico, they wind up in Mexico, they can go get a job...

CALDERON: No, no.

BLITZER: They can work.

CALDERON: If -- if somebody do that without permission, we send back -- we send back them.

BLITZER: You find them and you send them back?

CALDERON: Yes. However, especially with the people of Guatemala, we are providing a new system in which any single citizen from Guatemala could be able to visit any single border (INAUDIBLE) in the south. And even with all the requirements, he can or she can visit any parts of Mexico.

BLITZER: I ask the questions because there's an argument that people in Arizona and New Mexico and -- and Texas, they say they're only trying to do in their states what Mexico itself does in the southern part of Mexico.

CALDERON: I know. And that is a very powerful argument. But that is one of the reasons why we are trying to change our policy.

And let me be frank, Wolf. In the past, Mexican authorities were in a -- in a -- in an unfortunate way in the treatment for immigrants. But now we are changing the policy. We changed already the law. And that is different today. We are trying to write a new story, talking about immigrants, especially coming from Central American countries.

It seemed like Blitzer had Pres. Calderon on the ropes as he was struggling to be able to justify demonizing a law that is almost identical to the laws in his own country... Well done by Wolf Blitzer

Edited by hickoryhouse

My wife's family in Mexico voted for and supports Calderon. Their only other options were the traditionally corrupt PRI ticket, and the Hugo Chavez clone. Calderon edged out the Chavez clone. So, (unbelievably), it could be worse.

However, that doesn't make Calderon any less of an ass for coming over here and saying what he has - given the condition of his own country. And, it doesn't make Obama any less of a suck up and phony for getting on his knees and basically servicing Calderon for two days.

Obama has his head buried so far in the sand on the illegal immigration issue that it's unlikely to end well for anyone. He's a spineless turd. And, I mean that in the most sincere and positive way.

Obama is a spineless turd of the highest order. When all is said and done, his only historical match will be Britain's Neville Chamberlain who soft-pedaled Hilter's obvious threats.

Peace is only a viable option when the other side wants peace as well. Mexico wants no part of keeping peace along the border. Mexico only seeks our complete capitulation of sovereignty at the border, nothing less. Therefore, there will be no peace along the border.

• Upvote 5

So, should we have a discussion on the requirement to learn English? If so, could we do it in a civil manner?

...and will the discussion be in English?

Uh oh...sorry.

All "normal" discussions aside, my question is this: What basis is Calderon using? If Mexico rocked, why would his countrymen be a part of the #1 immigration demographic into America? And of course that isn't even considering his own immigration policy noted above. Though I'll admit, even though it did take a lot of our money and support, Calderon's administration has made more headway against the druglords than anyone has in quite some time.

As for Obama, though almost everybody else seems to think he's acting subserviant and douchey, I'm still a little undecided but am leaning towards thinking he is just doing what he can as Chief Diplomat to keep the rest of the world from hating us...hopefully. He might be acting subserviant and douchey, but on the other hand he might be trying to be gracious and appear to have an "open ear". We shall see...

Edited by JesseMartin
  • Downvote 4

...and will the discussion be in English?

Uh oh...sorry.

All "normal" discussions aside, my question is this: What basis is Calderon using? If Mexico rocked, why would his countrymen be a part of the #1 immigration demographic into America? And of course that isn't even considering his own immigration policy noted above. Though I'll admit, even though it did take a lot of our money and support, Calderon's administration has made more headway against the druglords than anyone has in quite some time.

As for Obama, though almost everybody else seems to think he's acting subserviant and douchey, I'm still a little undecided but am leaning towards thinking he is just doing what he can as Chief Diplomat to keep the rest of the world from hating us...hopefully. He might be acting subserviant and douchey, but on the other hand he might be trying to be gracious and appear to have an "open ear". We shall see...

Bowing is subservient!!

Edited by Army of Dad

Successful diplomacy requires knowledge of traditions and culture on an international scale. In many countries, it's a sign of respect, not submission. Just because it's not common practice here doesn't mean proper diplomacy does not call for it. No, you probably wouldn't bow when meeting...well, anyone, probably, and neither would most of us, but we're not trying to figure out the elusive "world peace" goal, now are we?

• Downvote 3

Successful diplomacy requires knowledge of traditions and culture on an international scale. In many countries, it's a sign of respect, not submission. Just because it's not common practice here doesn't mean proper diplomacy does not call for it. No, you probably wouldn't bow when meeting...well, anyone, probably, and neither would most of us, but we're not trying to figure out the elusive "world peace" goal, now are we?

Generally i agree with this line of thinking, our leaders need to be knowlegable ablout foreign culture so we do not offend. I think that is a door that swings both ways though. In my opinion our leaders shouldn't bow, a polit nod like he's seeing someone he knows in the grocery store maybe, but not a bow. We don't bow here and for many many years our leaders haven't bowed, at least not as often as we are seeing currently. Perhaps we should allow other countries to respect our culture an end the contact with a handshake, the way we do things here. This way there is no contrevercy.

Not really a relevant or even important topic but I bought I would chime in.

...and many countries will dip their flags. Americans do not.

• Upvote 1

The part of this statement that concerns me is the part that reads, "he is just doing what he can as Chief Diplomat to keep the rest of the world from hating us". Seems trying to make the rest of the world "like us" by bending over backwards to show that you believe the country you lead as President is somehow wrong and needs to be punished by the rest of the world is a very strange way to go about trying to be "liked". Trying to be "liked" is getting the U.S. into a bit of a pickle it seems to me. Being liked is not always the proper approach. Ask any parent who made a few questionable choices regarding their own kids just so the kids will "like" them. Perhaps Mr. Obama should go back to believing that the U.S. is the best nation in the world and not try to show the world how "sorry" the U.S. is for each and every ill that is seen in the world today. The nations of the world "hate us" until they want help from us. Their "hating" us has never kept them from begging at our doorstep for a handout, aid or relief. Time to start supporting our Allies and to stop playing "oh, I'm so sorry, I'll back off that stance" with our not-so friendly world partners. President Obama can help the rest of the world "like us" by standing beside our allies in their times of need and working to strengthen the U.S. economy and military.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1