Best Pro In-Game Coach In Dfw?

We're one of the few markets fortunate enough to have all four major sports. All of our teams have won divisions, and three have reached impressive, consistent levels of success. That said, it is ASTOUNDING where we currently fall as far as quality of head coaches in an in-game environment. Who do you trust not to get outcoached? Who do you feel will most likely not make a ridiculous decision that costs the team the game? After giving it some thought, I had to settle on a rather surprising default...

wade-phillips.jpg

As much as it pains me, I couldn't go anywhere else. I'm not talking about attitude, chemistry, player development, or anything else peripheral.... just as far as in game X's and O's coaching, Wade wins by an easy default. Rich Carlisle would have been an easy choice for me before the playoffs, but watching the Mavs get SOUNDLY outcoached by the quality coach of a team that turned out to be (yes, Mark Cuban) a plain ol' 7 seed and the whole Roddy B disaster, I have to drop him. That's like Wade discovering that say, Dez Bryant gets in a game and makes 10 catches with 3 TDs - does it twice- yet he continues to play Patrick Crayton and Sam Hurd ahead of him, even in the playoffs. Inexcusable, and it wouldn't happen. Carlisle has been a good coach for a while, but is capable of the nuclear brain fart. and superstubborn panic that absolutely destroys anyone except Belichick.

Wash? You have to be f'n kidding me. That team is so far ahead of its manager it's depressing. The Rangers may as well all play with monkeys w/ Wash faces on their backs (but that would be incredibly racist).

Marc Crawford may have the best argument, but he's saddled with a lot of old and/or questionable talent (plus Tom Hicks). Still, his non-crazy talented Avs coaching resume is dismal - he's never been to the playoffs in non-nordiqualanche seasons, and no one has ever accused him of outcoaching anyone.

So the bulletproof blueberry has to be my choice. Wade's defense has been strong, the team has won, and the losses were generally attributed to reasons outside on-field decisions (off field stuff is where you can probably gig Wade) This isn't a ringing endorsement of Wade being Lombardi or anything, more of a diatribe on this dismal state of affairs in metroplex sports. Good gravy. Has it ever been this bad?

wade-is-neo-copy.jpg

Thoughts?

How would you order a human centipede of DFW-area coaches? My first instinct is Wade as the head, but that puts a lot of pressure on everyone else.

Rick C head, Crawford torso, Wade's load bearing legs, and Ron Washintgon quato.

• Upvote 1

Rick C head, Crawford torso, Wade's load bearing legs, and Ron Washintgon quato.

Let's keep it first sequence only. Ronnie can be the drifter who gets murdered after they determine he is not a match.

Give me Wash as the head. We need the speed and energy he occasionally has. Carlisle in the middle to befit his up and down track record, and Crawford at the end, since that's all he deserves. Wade plays the trucker (too much girth).

I'm of the opposite midset for comedic purposes. Wades doughy body for the top of the pede...followed by Crawford, Carlisle, & Wash's toothpick skinny frame in the caboose (for First Sequence). The real question is how do we expand this bad boy for Full Sequence?

Edited by Green Lantern

I'm of the opposite midset for comedic purposes. Wades doughy body for the top of the pede...followed by Crawford, Carlisle, & Wash's toothpick skinny frame in the caboose (for First Sequence). The real question is how do we expand this bad boy for Full Sequence?

Are zombies in play? It'd be a shame for Landry and Oates to miss out just because of timing. Besides, zombies would probably enjoy this fate much more than, say, Bobby Valentine, Kevin Kennedy or Jim Clemons.