Gmg.com Bowl Draft Results

Want everyone to know that I picked up the game T-Shirts yesterday and they look great! We have the GMG.Com Bowl logo on the front (Thanks to Smitty for a great design), every one's GMG.com "name" on the back along with Andrew Smith's #12 on the back of every shirt.

I can order additional shirts for anyone who is not playing (or playing and would like another) as long as the order is 12 shirts or more. So, let me know if you want one...or two...or three....and I can order. I'll take additional orders on game day as well. $25 per shirt...I know that's an expensive T-shirt, but the proceeds go to the scholarship fund. If you want a shirt, let me know and I'll order when the total gets to 12 or more. You can PM me your size...the extra shirts will be green with the logo on front and the #12 on the back without a GMG.com name.

OK, now for some planning...

1) If you have not already paid for your shirt, please bring $25 with you and we'll collect at game time.

2) We need to remember the football/s by those who volunteered to bring the game ball/s

3) We could use some cones to mark off the field a bit...anyone have any available cones we could use?

4) The BIGGIE!!!! RAIN is in the forecast as a possibility for Saturday. I understand this game is played "rain or shine", but wet field conditions bring up the possibility that the good folks at UNT "close" the field to us. I have sent a message to the athletic dept. reminding them to unlock the field for us and have not heard anything back. So, am assuming all is well at this point. I will look around for an alternate site "just in case".

5) Please arrive at the field a bit early so we can sort out the rules, doing any field "marking" that needs to be done, distribute the flag belts (thanks again to our anonymous donor for the belts), and distribute the game shirts and collect funds...REMEMBER...additional scholarship donations are allowed! rolleyes.gif

Thanks to all. I am looking forward to a great Saturday afternoon! See everyone Saturday...

Yes, it is looking more and more like a rainy weekend. Actually, the rain is to start tonight (Wed.) and drip or pour on us all through the weekend. BUT, the science of weather forecasting is not precise as we all know by now, so I am keeping my fingers crossed while we look for an alternative location. I have a couple in mind, but they also are grass fields. I have checked with a local HS or two with turf fields, but so far no luck. I am still trying.

Be that as it may, looks like we play rain or shine as the logistics of a re-schedule would be a bit much to overcome. I know how busy schedules are and recall the "fun" we had just selecting the 15th.

So, put your rain boots on, grab an umbrella for those watching and we'll kick-it off at 3PM Saturday...hopefully at the soccer complex...stay tuned. Ha!

rolleyes.gif

Yes, it is looking more and more like a rainy weekend. Actually, the rain is to start tonight (Wed.) and drip or pour on us all through the weekend. BUT, the science of weather forecasting is not precise as we all know by now, so I am keeping my fingers crossed while we look for an alternative location. I have a couple in mind, but they also are grass fields. I have checked with a local HS or two with turf fields, but so far no luck. I am still trying.

Be that as it may, looks like we play rain or shine as the logistics of a re-schedule would be a bit much to overcome. I know how busy schedules are and recall the "fun" we had just selecting the 15th.

So, put your rain boots on, grab an umbrella for those watching and we'll kick-it off at 3PM Saturday...hopefully at the soccer complex...stay tuned. Ha!

rolleyes.gif

Not a problem, I have never melted in the rain yet. Kram1 where is the field again is this the one by Peterbilt Motors? We owe $25 a piece?

Not a problem, I have never melted in the rain yet. Kram1 where is the field again is this the one by Peterbilt Motors? We owe $25 a piece?

The soccer complex is the old Liberty Christian School field just on Bonnie Brae across from the Athletic Building and football practice fields at UNT.

Yep, shirts and donation to the scholarship fund is $25.00. I have the shirts and they look great!

The soccer complex is the old Liberty Christian School field just on Bonnie Brae across from the Athletic Building and football practice fields at UNT.

Yep, shirts and donation to the scholarship fund is $25.00. I have the shirts and they look great!

I can bring cones and will have a football with me as well. Is there anything else we need?

Great...thanks. With the cones, footballs, etc. I think we are good to go. I received confirmation today from the Athletic Dept. that the soccer complex will be open by 2PM on Saturday.

My bride and I should be at the field by 2PM to start marking it off with cones and marker flags as soccer fields are not lined for football (imagine that!) laugh.gif

Game Time: 3PM

Location: Soccer Complex at UNT on Bonnie Brae across from the Athletic Facility building and Victory Hall

Field Open: 2PM (if you can be there a bit early it will help with shirt distribution, etc.)

Cost: $25 per player - additional scholarship donations welcome, of course.

After-game Event: Bring your own stuff and bring some to "share" if you can...

Mandate: Have Lots of Fun!

Yes, plenty of parking...it was once a hs football stadium. OK, now you guys are breaking my heart with these questions as it indicates you have never been to a UNT soccer game! laugh.gif Maybe you will see how nice the place is and come back to support the soccer team...just saying! rolleyes.gif

Lots of good parking, plenty of room, stands for "fans" and folks we have trapped into watching this spectacle, etc. I think folks, who have not seen the complex, will like what they see. I will, of course, have to mark off the field with flags and cones as soccer fields do not come with football markings. Imagine that! laugh.gif