Hannah's is fine...nice service and good food. Pricing is in the $25-$30 person range as I recall...you can eat for much less if you wish, I'm just thinking of a full course situation...I've been there several times, and have always enjoyed the meal and the experience. As with everything, however, you may find folks with a different experience. It is one of the nicer places in Denton, and I would not hesitate to give it a try if you have not. Locally owned and operated, and that always scores points with me.

Take this with a grain of salt as I haven't lived in Denton in 4 years, but Hannah's food quality dropped significantly when it moved into its current location. Hannah's started out in a small, maybe 10 top, spot on the corner of Cedar and Walnut, I believe, and it was outstanding...as was the place that replaced Hannah's, Saltwater Cafe...great seafood.

On a side note...it is a very sad commentary when Red Lobster makes a town's best of list...

On a side note...it is a very sad commentary when Red Lobster makes a town's best of list...

Especially since they took lobster fondue off the menu.

Whenever I'd get dragged there, lobster fondue was my only comfort. Since it got pulled, I've exercised the veto power.

I'm not going to eat crappy flounder just because someone likes cheezy rolls. Not when there are two Flying Fish locations within 15 minutes of where we live.

Saltwater, which was owned by the same folks who own and operate Sweetwater, is no longer a going concern. Several places have tried to make a go of that location, and currently I believe a Thai restaruant is situated in the old Saltwater location.

Take this with a grain of salt as I haven't lived in Denton in 4 years, but Hannah's food quality dropped significantly when it moved into its current location. Hannah's started out in a small, maybe 10 top, spot on the corner of Cedar and Walnut, I believe, and it was outstanding...as was the place that replaced Hannah's, Saltwater Cafe...great seafood.

I hate that Saltwater closed. That place was greatness.

One of the challenges still faced by locally owned restaurants (and other locally owned establishments) in Denton has been a situation where locals would drive to Dallas, Ft. Worth, Flower Mound, etc. and pay for a dinner at a price that they would not pay in Denton for the same or even better food. It's one of the interesting things our family noted about Denton when we first moved there in 1965 from Dallas. Casual fare and lower to moderately priced local restaurants seem to do fine. But, higher priced seem to often struggle. Given that Hannah's has been around for as many years as they have says something about the quality of their food and service. I do agree with CBL in that I liked Hannah's more as a "evening event" when they were in their smaller sized place. But, again, hard to make a go of it in Denton with a place that seats ten or so tables. It better be full 100% of the time.

Agree also that its not a great comment on the restaurant scene when Red Lobster makes the top of the seafood list...have you tried Frilley's (two locations now...Cajun fare/seafood)? I enjoy eating there every so often. I need a cajun "fix" every now and again!

If more people would frequent the "locals" there is a good chance that Denton's dining scene would develop more.

One thing about these ratings that everyone needs to understand is that many of the local businesses realize the value of marketing these results, so they go out of their way to scoop up papers and vote as often as they can...even establishing campaigns to ask their clients, friends and relatives to vote for their establishment. No harm in that, but you just need to realize how the voting can actually be skewed a bit by the establishment that runs the best campaign. Not saying all do to be sure, but it does happen.

Having been to both, I'll vouch for Metzlers as the better of the two.

I enjoy both. Hard to beat that "spicy chopped beef" at Rudy's and their jalapeno sausage links. On the other hand, the sliced beef and smoked turkey are great at Metzlers as are often the fries (sometimes yes...sometimes no depending upon if you get a fresh batch or not). I tend to believe the Metzler's in Gainesville is a bit better than the one in Denton, but that is just splitting hairs a bit. You can't go wrong, in my opinion, with either Rudy's or Metzlers...and both support the Mean Green and both have a local ownership situation. What's not to like?

Nice thing about Metzlers for us is that we can walk to the little shop on Teasley lane...it's a couple of miles from our house, so it makes a nice walk before and after some good BBQ.

GO MEAN GREEN!

I enjoy both. Hard to beat that "spicy chopped beef" at Rudy's and their jalapeno sausage links. On the other hand, the sliced beef and smoked turkey are great at Metzlers as are often the fries (sometimes yes...sometimes no depending upon if you get a fresh batch or not). I tend to believe the Metzler's in Gainesville is a bit better than the one in Denton, but that is just splitting hairs a bit. You can't go wrong, in my opinion, with either Rudy's or Metzlers...and both support the Mean Green and both have a local ownership situation. What's not to like?

Nice thing about Metzlers for us is that we can walk to the little shop on Teasley lane...it's a couple of miles from our house, so it makes a nice walk before and after some good BBQ.

GO MEAN GREEN!

I strongly support this viewpoint - except for the walk part. I usually take the car after I spy on you in the bushes for a few hours.

• Upvote 1

no offense to Denton County or Rooster's, but any Denton Best Burger list that doesn't mention RG's is flawed.

I have found RG's service to be so-so to really poor. The burgers are ok, but not quite as good as Denton County. So RG wasn't on my ballot.

The real tragedy is the sharp decline in Fera's (formerly Bari's). We used to love that place and now skip going there entirely.

Edited by Army of Dad

I have found RG's service to be so-so to really poor. The burgers are ok, but not quite as good as Denton County. So RG wasn't on my ballot.

The real tragedy is the sharp decline in Fera's (formerly Bari's). We used to love that place and now skip going there entirely.

Wow. disappointing. LOVE their burgers, maybe my favorite in the entire metroplex, not just Denton. They have actual servers, so I kind of categorize their service on a different level from the counter service places w/o actual "service"... either way, love the place. More of a gourmet burger than the basic ones thrown down at the DC locations, so I'm sure it's a taste thing for many.

Agree on the old Bari's. What a downhill slide that's been.

Every time I see a list like this, I miss the Texas Pickup.

• Upvote 1

AMEN to that. The Texas Pickup in it's heyday was a GREAT GREAT place! No local place has been able to re-create that Texas Pick-Up thing after it closed. Man, our whole family loved that place. I have plenty of Texas PU stories and memories! Thanks for reminding me.

If you want Bari's, there is a Bari's in Flower Mound. Last time I was there it was the same good stuff. I do not understand why they sold the Denton spot...too bad...way too bad! Just not the same, but Luigi's out on 380 (University Dr. near the I-35 end) in the Albertson's shopping Center is also pretty good for a Bari-like meal.

Yep! With the Carls Jr. next door, all we need is an In n' Out and that stretch is little fast food California.

Denton gets an In n' Out Burger and all bets are off asw to #1. I'm there with In n' Out! Bring it on...but, as for California joints...give me Pink's in LA!

Wow. disappointing. LOVE their burgers, maybe my favorite in the entire metroplex, not just Denton. They have actual servers, so I kind of categorize their service on a different level from the counter service places w/o actual "service"... either way, love the place. More of a gourmet burger than the basic ones thrown down at the DC locations, so I'm sure it's a taste thing for many.

Agree on the old Bari's. What a downhill slide that's been.

I am judging the service of those servers-I just don't think they do a good job.

Damn, you had to go and bring up the Pickup. Now THAT place had some GREAT burgers.

• Upvote 1

Denton is in serious need of a good Italian place, Giuseppe's is god awful from the 5 times I've eaten there. Cool atmosphere, bland food. Katz's burger is pretty good too. I enjoy Rooster's but always get one of the bbq sandwiches.

Midlake is the best Denton band, come on now.