Men's Golf Championship - Live, Up To Date Stats

MeanGreen61

Fantastic start for the Mean Green. This is the start of the re-birth of a once-great UNT Golf program. It will be great again, and that is the way it should be for the Mean green. With as many fine HS golfers that are in the DFW area alone, UNT is sitting on a goldmine for recruiting. With the teams (both men and women) doing so much better this season and with a new emphasis on the program, I think we can all see some real positives.

Great work...keep it up. There is absolutely no reason why UNT should not re-claim its spot among the nation's elite of college golf. Look out OSU, look out Texas...here come the Mean Green!

Word is that we are going to land some super stud recruit next year. ph34r.gif

That was mentioned I think on the official site blogs, very vague but hinted he was a super talent. Apparently we got some super studs last year.

It is amazing what a coaching change can do sometimes: tennis, swimming, golf both teams, and softball. Really the climb in men golf has been faster than any of the others.

It is amazing what a coaching change can do sometimes: tennis, swimming, golf both teams, and softball. Really the climb in men golf has been faster than any of the others.

While that is true, I don't think Golf was nearly as down as tennis was. We played mostly walk-ons Lama's first year.

While that is true, I don't think Golf was nearly as down as tennis was. We played mostly walk-ons Lama's first year.

I agree men's golf was not nearly as bad as tennis, but it was far from stellar. I think the golf coach is only in his second year, but he brought in the fourth rated freshman class in the nation last year. Both squads are similar in they are now depending on international athletes. Something I applaud as it is the best way to compete, but I do wish there would be some limitations on the number allowed.

• Upvote 1

http://www.juniorgolfscoreboard.com/rankings_display.asp?gender=B&class=&state=&lname=&fname=&lname2=&fname2=&lname3=&fname3=&country=&page_size=20&page=2&next=Y

Sebastian Vazquez, the number one rated junior golfer in Mexico

That was mentioned I think on the official site blogs, very vague but hinted he was a super talent. Apparently we got some super studs last year.

Edited by KAjunRaider
  • Upvote 4

Thanks for the info, looks like NT has a great pipeline into Mexico.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.rankmexgolf.com/index.php%3Fid_menu%3D2%26id_smenu%3D0%26id_noticia%3D41&ei=s_zWS9SGC4Wi9QSS062VBw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CAcQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2522sebastian%2Bvazquez%2522%2Bgolf%2B%2522north%2Btexas%2522%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26rlz%3D1R2ADRA_enUS344

noticia_id_00041_01.png

Edited by KAjunRaider

Really disappointing day, NT went from second place to fourth with next to worst round on day 2. Ortiz after setting the course record with a 64 on the first day was 11 over par today. Ortiz is now 11 on the leaderboard and the team is 12 behind Middle. Not an impossible feat to win but they are going to have to have a great round.

Edited by GrandGreen