Tennis Wins Sbc Championship

SUMG

Wow that is awesome and what a way to go out in style for Catalina Cruz the lone senior on the team and she clinches the first berth into the NCAA Tournament for the ladies. Also it appears they cam back from a 3-0 deficit to win. Very early but they will probably be in a Baylor Pod or UT Pod for the Tournament.

Awesome win for a first time victory over Top 50 Team.

Edited by untbowler
  • Upvote 3

Wow that is awesome and what a way to go out in style for Catalina Cruz the lone senior on the team and she clinches the first berth into the NCAA Tournament for the ladies. Also it appears they cam back from a 3-0 deficit to win. Very early but they will probably be in a Baylor Pod or UT Pod for the Tournament.

Awesome win for a first time victory over Top 50 Team.

Bowler...you should feel especially proud. Because if this board has a tennis guru....you are it, brother. Thanks for all the NCAA tennis/recruiting info which you've provided down through the years.

• Upvote 1

MeanGreenSports finally puts the story up.

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=204936552&DB_OEM_ID=1800

B)

Thanks for the update.

I was officiating the SCAC Tournament all weekend but was checking my phone constantly waiting for results. Got to officiate a great final today between Trinity and DePauw and then seeing UNT pulled it out made my day even better.

BIG win for the program. Good job ladies

So how does the NCAA tournament format work for tennis ? ( teams,regions ? )

They will select 16 sites that will host 4 teams each, think College Baseball. For the most part they keep schools very close. I have a bad feeling we will be playing Baylor first as a #4 seed in the region, since UT-Arlington lost in the Sun Belt Finals, but we might get lucky with a #3 seed and play a fading A&M Team.

Will be curious to follow.

They will select 16 sites that will host 4 teams each, think College Baseball. For the most part they keep schools very close. I have a bad feeling we will be playing Baylor first as a #4 seed in the region, since UT-Arlington lost in the Sun Belt Finals, but we might get lucky with a #3 seed and play a fading A&M Team.

Will be curious to follow.

I believe baseball is double elimination....is tennis?

I believe baseball is double elimination....is tennis?

I've watched some late rounds on ESPNU the last couple years(I think the Championship last year). I'm pretty sure it's just a single elimination deal.

EDIT:

And now I see Bowler's reply.

Edited by CMJ

Great comeback win for the SBC crown and a spot in the NCAA's! FANTASTIC!!!! Good for the team, good for future recruiting and GREAT for UNT.

Just another example of how things really are moving forward in a very positive way both academically and athletically at UNT.

Congratulations!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN...on to the NCAA's!!!!