Couple Thoughts On The Draft

emmitt01

I like, no really like, picking up Dez in the first round for the cowboys. Now, after saying that I don't get the selection of the LB from Penn state. Didn't Jerry learn about white linebackers from the Big Ten(Carpenter anyone)?

Also, people expect us to believe a QB who couldn't go in the first two rounds would have been the decisive player in the national title game????

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 17

McCoy did not go in the first two rounds; therefore, he was not a game decider. So, of course, Ryan Leaf was wonderful, and Tom Brady, sixth round draft choice, is awful.

What it takes to be successful in college and in the pros is not always the same. As far as can McCoy make it, I suggest we wait and see. PC changed a lot of games for us. Are we going to disregard that because the pros were not lined up for him when he finished.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

McCoy did not go in the first two rounds; therefore, he was not a game decider. So, of course, Ryan Leaf was wonderful, and Tom Brady, sixth round draft choice, is awful.

What it takes to be successful in college and in the pros is not always the same. As far as can McCoy make it, I suggest we wait and see. PC changed a lot of games for us. Are we going to disregard that because the pros were not lined up for him when he finished.

Yes, Ryan Leaf had he played for UT last season would have won that game. Brady, as he was in college, wouldn't have. Next question...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 10

Girl wearing the TCU shirt standing behind Colt when his name is called.. awesome

That wasn't a TCU shirt. It was an ACU (Abilene Christian University) shirt. They are purple too.

Edited by Side Show Joe

I like, no really like, picking up Dez in the first round for the cowboys. Now, after saying that I don't get the selection of the LB from Penn state. Didn't Jerry learn about white linebackers from the Big Ten(Carpenter anyone)?

Also, people expect us to believe a QB who couldn't go in the first two rounds would have been the decisive player in the national title game????

Can't wait to hear your views on black QBs.

To me the question to me on Colt McCoy is guts. I saw Scott Hall play in so many games taking much worse hits than Colt did. He let his team and his school as well as his legacy down at UT by whimpping out in the biggest game his career will ever see, When a QB quits the mythical BCS Championship game do you really think ANY pro team thinks he can lead them to a Super Bowl? A super UT season went down in flames because of the QB in the last two games. To all but those with the most orange colored glasses, the rest of the world saw it happen. Remember a QB sneak at KSU a couple of years ago took Colt out for the remainder of the season as well. Interesting stat that Scott Hall won seven games his senior season, and the next five NT QB's have won ten total. Seems any fan here should recognize a brittle QB.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

To me the question to me on Colt McCoy is guts. I saw Scott Hall play in so many games taking much worse hits than Colt did. He let his team and his school as well as his legacy down at UT by whimpping out in the biggest game his career will ever see, When a QB quits the mythical BCS Championship game do you really think ANY pro team thinks he can lead them to a Super Bowl? A super UT season went down in flames because of the QB in the last two games. To all but those with the most orange colored glasses, the rest of the world saw it happen. Remember a QB sneak at KSU a couple of years ago took Colt out for the remainder of the season as well. Interesting stat that Scott Hall won seven games his senior season, and the next five NT QB's have won ten total. Seems any fan here should recognize a brittle QB.

WOW...not taking anything away from the post, but do you really think Colt McCoy "wimped out"? You have got to be kidding with that line of thought. The kid could not even hold on to a football and couldn't throw the thing across a locker room to his dad. Do you really think that Colt McCoy wanted to stay out of that game? I am in no way a Texas fan or a apologist for Colt McCoy, but to think he did not return because he wimped out is really pushing it. I have asked several MD's (one being my son) about that injury and to a one they said it would have been a disaster had he tried to play. Not that he would have done any real damage to himself, but that he would not have been able to pass the ball more than about 5 yards and that without accuracy at all. OK, so play and hand the ball off every play or give your team a chance by inserting healthy yet unproven QB. I know exactly which call I would make.

Deep, great stuff on Scott Hall...a great UNT QB. But, I do think you are a bit off base thinking McCoy "wimped out". he may well prove to be injury prone...perhaps why he was drafted as late as he was, and he may not have a long NFL career, but a wimp...I think not. Any kid who has played the number of football games this kid had, and who has played at the level he played and taken the hits in practice and in games that he has over his career, in no wimp.

BTW...SCOTT HALL will be in Denton and has committed to play in this year's GMG.com Bowl on Saturday, may 15th...3PM...UNT Soccer Complex. Everyone is invited to come out and play (it's not too late to sign up to play), to tailgate, to watch, etc., etc. Donations will be accepted for the Andrew Smith Memorial Scholarship fund, but you do not have to donate to come out and enjoy the event. It is open to one and all.

Should be fun....come join us!

• Upvote 2

Yes, Ryan Leaf had he played for UT last season would have won that game. Brady, as he was in college, wouldn't have. Next question...

I have to get this straight. It is your contention, that the winningest QB in College Football History isnt better than Ryan Leaf while still in college???

Thanks for the laugh.

• Upvote 4