Hotel Is Gone

UNTflyer

Now if they can just get rid of that sack n save. That thing is such an ugly landmark to have at the entrance to our university. "Hey how do I get to the super pit?". "Uh yeah dude, just turn right after the old, crusty, run down sack n save, and you're there!"

• Upvote 4

Now if they can just get rid of that sack n save. That thing is such an ugly landmark to have at the entrance to our university. "Hey how do I get to the super pit?". "Uh yeah dude, just turn right after the old, crusty, run down sack n save, and you're there!"

I'm under the impression that when TXDOT improves 35, Micky D's, Sack-N-Save etc will meet their end due to service road expansion/right of way issues.

It would be nice for the University to own a one block perimeter around the entire campus that would be nothing but green space/parks/buffer but I doubt that ever happens.

I agree...and, at least someone found something new to complain about. You might not want to stop in Sack N Save if you only speak English and ask for those directions...just saying. Ok, smile a little, it's a joke. Not too much UNT can do about that property or how it looks, but one might think UNT and the City would want to get together and maybe figure out how to "spruce up" that whole area as it really is the "entry" for the new stadium and for UNT in general if you are coming from the south. Perhaps there is something the "economic commission" or "sports authority" or both...or some other entity to be formed jointly between UNT and the City of Denton could do to provide a tax or financial incentive for the property owners to "remodel" at least the exteriors of the whole area.

Good point, aprice.

The Radisson, which opened I think, as a Sheraton, was nice when it first opened and for several years after. Just seems that in the last few years it started to run downhill a bit and the maintenance, etc. simply did not keep up. I would think that perhaps room revenue suffered some from the many other hotels/motels springing up around Denton and the rumors of the new stadium and the lease for the Radisson being on a "death watch" list. Seems $$$ just stopped flowing. Good riddance at this point, but I, too, have some good memories of the place through the years.

I also hope for a new hotel in it's place. Denton does need a "larger" hotel with larger banquet room space, etc. Couldn't hurt being so close to the great new stadium either.

Wish I could have watched that thing fall over... man that place was a dump. Hopefully the new hotel idea hasn't been scrapped, I haven't heard anything about it for a while

Watching them pull the building down piece by piece was actually pretty cool, although I would have preferred a Pourhouse sponsored implosion ala Texas Stadium.

Edited by Green Lantern

Please don't badmouth the Sack n Save. That was a very reliable and convenient source of tortillas when we could bring them into the game. I'll bet their tortilla sales dropped 50% on game days after the ban went into effect.

• Upvote 2