Why Unt Should Go With Tune Over Thompson

He makes valid points, but misses the biggest upside with Thompson. Potential. Tune is a known commodity, just like he says. And while Tune was a good caretaker against Troy, Alabama, Ark St., and FAU, he did not show the potential that Thompson showed in one drive coming off the bench cold, in a game in which he never expected to play, against a 1st team defense that was trying to limit passes downfield (unsuccessfully). Quite impressive.

I think it all comes down to whether Dodge is a risk/reward guy. A lot bigger risk with Thompson, but the potential for a lot bigger reward.

Tobi writes as best as they come. His points are always constructive, well thought out and a beneficial read. We are lucky to have as dedicated of a fan as he that can actually write like he does. All flattery aside...I always enjoy his articles when they come out. Thanks Tobi.

Argeed. When I'm craving yesterday's news delivered with super obvious opinions I don't go anywhere else!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I don't disagree, but do think Tune should get the nod going into the fall. Tune has demonstrated that he can play, and the team seems to respond to him in a positive fashion. No hard letting Thompson "mature" a bit behind Tune going into the fall. Should Tune stumble, which I seriously doubt he will, Thompson should be ready to go and step into the job with his teammates confidence and support. There is always the possibility that Tune starts the season as number 1, but the season ends with Thompson as #1. Things happen. But, I am good with Tune as the starting QB with Thompson getting decent playing time and gaining experience and confidence as the season wears on.

Nice to have two good QB's when you lose your #1 to injury.

Tobi writes as best as they come. His points are always constructive, well thought out and a beneficial read. We are lucky to have as dedicated of a fan as he that can actually write like he does. All flattery aside...I always enjoy his articles when they come out. Thanks Tobi.

Who's Tobi? Have we finally found a name more difficult to spell than Brett Vito?

• Upvote 1

whats with all the thumbs down? I am a Thompson fan...I was merely giving props to someone who takes the time to analyze and report what he thinks. Giving me thumbs down merely perpetuates that fact that some people in this room are F*in stupid.

Welcome to the club. The membership is very exclusive! laugh.gif I'll give you a +1. I thought you had a valid position and expressed it well. flowers.gif

• Downvote 1

I like Tune to start @ Clemson/Rice/Army and hopefully get Thompson some playing time somewhere in these games before conference starts.

Hopefully Thompson is starting by conference play.

Tune will probably start at Clemson. But I predict Thompson gets into the last 4 plays of the game <_< and takes NT in for a score. Then the QB debate for the Rice game (and season) will begin.

Yall really have no idea the difference between a 5th year Sr and and Sophomore? This team needs to win now... Tune is the man

Do tell us how you know that? As all the "cool kids" on the board will tell you, I don't know anything, so would appreciate your filling me in on all your wisdom in this regard. BTW, my posts tend to support your position that Tune is the "guy" to start the season at QB. Looking forward to hearing your expanded thoughts on the subject.

I'm not "jumping your case" at all, I really do want to hear more of your thoughts on the subject. Really.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Do tell us how you know that? As all the "cool kids" on the board will tell you, I don't know anything, so would appreciate your filling me in on all your wisdom in this regard. BTW, my posts tend to support your position that Tune is the "guy" to start the season at QB. Looking forward to hearing your expanded thoughts on the subject.

I'm not "jumping your case" at all, I really do want to hear more of your thoughts on the subject. Really.

GO MEAN GREEN!

1- LEADERSHIP- THIS TEAM HAS NONE- WE NEED A SR AT THE QB POSITION

2- AGE/MATURITY - Being the oldest player on the field give you a confidence that others do not have

3- EXPERIENCE- Tune has proven himself (IN A GAME SITUATION) worthy every time he has had an oportunity

4- RESPECT FROM TEAMATES - TRUST - younger players look up to older players

the article pretty much hits the nail on the head

I know this because I have lived it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

2- AGE/MATURITY - Being the oldest player on the field give you a confidence that others do not have

3- EXPERIENCE- Tune has proven himself (IN A GAME SITUATION) worthy every time he has had an oportunity

First of all, Scott Hall? How about Andrew Smith?

And ask Vizza if he lacked any confidence when he first stepped onto the field in Norman.

I think a more objective question might be, did the players not look up to Jamario going into his soph year?

I do not mean to discredit whatever experiences you have, but only wish that people would stop assuming whatever they lived and went through automatically applies to any similar situation.

I like to think that both QBs have made the most of their opportunities. Tune has the edge in age, but after that I just don't totally agree that the gap is that wide. Based on what I saw last season (and hoping their is carryover into this year), it would not surprise me at all if DT took the job in 2010.

Best wishes to both of them and the staff. 2010. God help us. *cough* I mean, Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 2

Lets tap the brakes on assuming Tune is the automatic leader in these categories.

• Upvote 2