Bubkas? Title

GreenMachine

In years past I believe we consistently finished 3rd or 4th behind WKU, MTSU, and Troy. Even though we might win a title here and there in various sports, other sports brought us down. Now though it seems numerous teams have improved tremendously for us. Both mens and womens track did well during the indoor season and I believe they will both deliver positive results in outdoor competition. Mens b-ball delivered again. Soccer is strong as usual, the tennis team has done a phenomenal turnaround,softball has beaten Texas, Ark, and swept ranked Baylor. I believe they are in contention to win the title or at least finish better than past years. Mens golf is doing very well with an outstanding group of freshman that could put NT back on the map of golf prominence. Womens golf and volleyball has greatly improved and the swimming/diving team was in the hunt for the title until the end. Are these improvements across the board enough to put us in contention for the overall Bubkas Title? Is there somewhere that results and points can be tracked throughtout the year?

Didn't mention football because, well just because. Any other team left off is purely accidental and unintentional.

P.S. I am very proud of the young men on the football team that represent my Alma mater, just frustrated over last 5 years results. However, I think this could be the turning year for the team.

In the official Sun Belt site, there is a section call Championships. To date, ignoring regular season and using post season results, WKU has 5 and MTSU 3 team championships. The only other schools are Denver and UNT (basketball) with one each. I think NT is making up ground but still seems far behing WKU and MTSU.

• 2 weeks later...

NT should have the best showing ever in the Belt all sports competition. Probably won't win as NT only plays 16 sports compared to WKU 19 and the Muts's 17. NT does have an outside shot with good teams that should contend for the title in men's golf, women and men's outdoor track and softball to be decided.

With the exception of football, women's basketball and volleyball, NT has fielded competitive Belt teams this year. Volleyball has a new coach on board. Dodge is in an improve or go year. SS has only had 2 years in WBB.

It is interesting to me that women's tennis, softball, and men's golf are all top 100 programs while NT's historically best program, soccer has probably fallen behind that level. Yes, soccer has never had a bad year, but the rest of the Belt has caught up to some extent with NT not getting to the Belt tournament finals in the past two years.