Auburn Names Barbee Head Coach

NT03

Whew! cool.gif

One thing I was worried about was if a current HC was named , then JJ might be a candidate for that job. I can't see him going to UTEP under any circumstance. I think we are safe for another year

Edited by NT03

I certainly don't want to see Johnny held back, and I wish him all the success he can achieve. I think if he can take this time to another conference championship and get our first NCAA win then he can write his own ticket.

You're probably right. However, if he doesn't leave next year, for whatever reason, he may stay here for the long haul. I say this mostly because when the Power 6 raid schools like ours for coaches....they want young guys. Coach Jones isn't old by any means, but look around at who's coaching at some of these schools. Guys in their 30's and early 40's by and large(unless they're some sort of institution).

You're probably right. However, if he doesn't leave next year, for whatever reason, he may stay here for the long haul. I say this mostly because when the Power 6 raid schools like ours for coaches....they want young guys. Coach Jones isn't old by any means, but look around at who's coaching at some of these schools. Guys in their 30's and early 40's by and large(unless they're some sort of institution).

I agree. It would be fantastic for us if JJ doesn't get picked up next year. I'd love for UNT to have a successful, Dean Smith/John Wooden-type patriarch of basketball.

• Upvote 2