"north Texas State" Mentioned On Espn During "the Herd&#34

NThomas

The opening segment was about the NCAA wanting to expand the tourny to ~96 teams and Collin Cowherd talked about how it would dilute the tournament and how hard it is to watch the first round as it is.

He said bringing teams like "North Texas State" and UNLV would water it down.

Maybe UNT should have not gone back to Scrappy from Eppy. Rodney Dangerfield would have been a better mascot.

The opening segment was about the NCAA wanting to expand the tourny to ~96 teams and Collin Cowherd talked about how it would dilute the tournament and how hard it is to watch the first round as it is.

Maybe UNT should have not gone back to Scrappy from Eppy. Rodney Dangerfield would have been a better mascot.

Collin Cowherd dilutes sports talk radio.

• Upvote 7

I emailed his show when I heard it and even pointed out that he would not read it on the air because it would show how dumb he is....

It's been over 20 years now. If he were talking about Texas-State, I could understand, it hasn't been that long since they changed the name of the school. I even let the occasional "North Texas Eagles" slip by every so often (or else I'd be correcting people 24/7), but come on! North Texas State...

Shows his lack of knowledge about UNT (and basketball) right there.

I don't think it should expand, but not because this F Face said so.

We have our chance right now to make the tourney. If they let more teams in, it would just add more disparity between the 1 and 90+ seeds. The likelihood of an upset would be incredibly slim.

Also, what seed would the SunBelt autobid conference winner get in that field?

That guy's a prick. I'd like to see our starters run a 10 deep train on his Eastern Washington Sheryl Swoops and start something big.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 1

Let's start beating big name teams, in both football and basketball, and start making some noise in the tournament. Then people will figure our real school name out. People are ignorant by nature.

I don't think it should expand, but not because this F Face said so.

We have our chance right now to make the tourney. If they let more teams in, it would just add more disparity between the 1 and 90+ seeds. The likelihood of an upset would be incredibly slim.

Also, what seed would the SunBelt autobid conference winner get in that field?

That guy's a prick. I'd like to see our starters run a 10 deep train on his Eastern Washington Sheryl Swoops and start something big.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

He is a pompus douchebag. When I work nights, I'll listen to Jason Smith, but get beaten down by the overnight commercials. There used to be one of Cowturd saying he doesnt talk Kansas St football, cause "I only talk about the big name schools." He proved right there, that he is one of the major college doucher fans who is a large portion of what is wrong with college athletics. I gaurantee you it was no mistake. He knows damn well we are the University of North Texas. He was just taking a shot at a "smaller" school, which is evidence of the topic at hand to begin with.

• Downvote 1

Let's start beating big name teams, in both football and basketball, and start making some noise in the tournament. Then people will figure our real school name out. People are ignorant by nature.

Couldn't agree more. They will remember your name when you give them a reason to remember your name. Don't get mad at this random dude, because he is representative of the majority of the sports fan population.

Wanna make them remember the name University of North Texas? Win the Sun Belt Tournament, then beat a 2 seed in the NCAA.

No problem, right?

--If he were 50, 60 or 70 years old it might be understandable.... After all that was our name when those people were in college....

In his case we have been UNT all of his adult life... He just showed how ignorant he is.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66