William Cole, Clayton George Update - Drc

Harry

One of the coaches told me at the recruiting wrap-up that Cole was a casuality of grades. Couldn't cut it in the classroom.

They couldn't get this kid into a basket weaving or walking class?! This never should have happened!

Cole originally committed to Oklahoma State. Oklahoma State is where Dexter Manley played college football for four years. Dexter Manley was illiterate. In 2002, Dexter Manley was selected as one of the 70 greatest Washington Redskins of all time.

Draw your own conclusions.

It just sickens me when a very talented kid can't get his act together to play college ball. Several years back, I had a flag football receiver with multiple BCS offers but he couldn't get his ACT/SAT scores high enough to even enroll at a JUCO. Another one was a starting LB for Texas A & M his Sophomore season, then got mixed up with the wrong crowd, lost his scholly and is now working at Pizza Hut. What a waste.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This has been an awesome off-season! It looks as though the final vestige of high school coaching is gone - if Dodge doesn't hire a WR coach from the high school ranks. If he can get a good, experienced WR coach (Clarence James, I'm told by 03 is available), I'll double down on my already otherworldly guarantee that we will win the Sun Belt in 2010!

I feel like the Christmas Fairy just keeps giving! Along those lines, and just coincidentally, it is my son's 4th birthday today! My son turns four and gets the Chuck E. Cheese pizza party, cake, and gifts - but, dad got the real present.

I will always remember my son's fourth birthday as the day UNT was 100% liberated from it's high school coach prison hell! Goodbye, 5-31...hello, Sun Belt titles and bowl games!

We're there!

My link

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 2

This has been an awesome off-season! It looks as though the final vestige of high school coaching is gone - if Dodge doesn't hire a WR coach from the high school ranks. If he can get a good, experienced WR coach (Clarence James, I'm told by 03 is available), I'll double down on my already otherworldly guarantee that we will win the Sun Belt in 2010!

I feel like the Christmas Fairy just keeps giving! Along those lines, and just coincidentally, it is my son's 4th birthday today! My son turns four and gets the Chuck E. Cheese pizza party, cake, and gifts - but, dad got the real present.

I will always remember my son's fourth birthday as the day UNT was 100% liberated from it's high school coach prison hell! Goodbye, 5-31...hello, Sun Belt titles and bowl games!

We're there!

My link

Did I miss the Dodge resignation?

• Upvote 1

We're there!

Fake, you're optimism is now only rivaled by Kram1!! :lol:

I sure hope you're correct in your guarantee!

Did I miss the Dodge resignation?

No. You're just ignoring the fact that he's turned over the gameplanning, playcalling, and QB training to Chico Canales. So, for all intents and purposes, he's a figurehead/spectator...which is the perfect role for him. He can be a Mack Brown/Bobby Bowden/ambassador-for-the-school-type while the real coaches do the work.

If he really gets bored, maybe he can take over Clayton George's old role of Gameday Sideline Cuss Word Police. It'll give him something to do while Canales, Deloach and Co. lead us upward and onward...FINALLY!

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

TFLF, I'm right there with you. I think TD is finally getting the ship to where it needs to be. I know it took longer than all wanted and expected. I still think that TD can be a hell of a coach here at NT. I made a bold statement awhile back and thankfully Greenbat has it as one of his sig lines.

QUOTE(H-towngreen @ Aug 12 2009, 12:42 PM)

I'm calling it now, mark it down on the 12th day of August 2009, H-towngreen says that NT will compete for a Sun Belt title in 2010. Returning 93 of 105, add 2-3 Juco's again to fill in whatever voids there are, and then we also get all of our scholarships back.

Remove Williams, and lets look back to the last 3(well really 4) seasons, and someone explain why everyone who 'transfers' from anywhere leaves.

They know what a real college footbal practice looks like? I'm just spit ballin here folks.

Edited by filmerj

Fake, you're optimism is now only rivaled by Kram1!! :lol:

I sure hope you're correct in your guarantee!

So, now that TFLF is 100% optimistic and embracing life, what are the people who spar with him in every thread he posts in going to do? Your move, gentlemen.

Hey, when there's reason to be optimistic, I'm optimistic. When the thing is off the rails, I'm going to say it's off the rails.

I've got to tell you, my dauber was down when Dodge was retained and announced all staff was going to be retained. I wonder if RV hadn't lost his sports mind...or, was just in a tight because of (1) compromising photos/video Dodge had of him, or (2) legitimate budgetary problems.

But, as this thing has shaken out, I can't help but think that behind the scenes the wheels were turning to give the remaining high school staffers a cover for them "leaving" without firing them outright. And, let's be honest - they were hired in places Todd Dodge has strong ties.

Whatever the case may be, it's good for the program because we've picked up a really experienced offensive coordinator and Todd Dodge has humbled himself to backseat driver status. To me, that's the mark of a good coach - he learned what his strengths and weaknesses are at this level, and he's adjusted the way the thing rolls forward as a result.

I didn't think he had it in him, but he did. Thankfully. The reality of the whole thing is this - we're in the Sun Belt, the lowest conference on the food chain. It shouldn't have struggled along for as many years as it has.

I think this thing will flip really quickly for us now. I also think the Tortas Cubanas at La Duni are good, amigos. Don't hold back when you are dining there. Just order one up and see. ¡Taco Borjas über alles!

• Upvote 4