Southlake Carroll's New Oc Is...

Clayton George North Texas WR Coach

This is from the 5ATexasFootball Forum:

"This just in from the locker room...

Tim Wasson is the new DC

George Clayton rumored to be the new OC ??? (My son said he forgot the last name but it was "George --- from the 2001 team")

Defense will be changing too... stay tuned."

Link to the forum page:

Post #7906 and then some more posts after

• Upvote 3

Clayton George North Texas WR Coach

This is from the 5ATexasFootball Forum:

"This just in from the locker room...

Tim Wasson is the new DC

George Clayton rumored to be the new OC ??? (My son said he forgot the last name but it was "George --- from the 2001 team")

Defense will be changing too... stay tuned."

Link to the forum page:

Post #7906 and then some more posts after

Wow is right. This one took me by surprise.

I think this could be an area where coach Canales can help! He didn't get to participate in recruiting much, but I'm sure he knows some people who can help.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's now two of the three coaches, that were rumored to be getting fired, before RV came out and said otherwise. Coincidence?

Also, who was the WR coach at South Florida with Canales? Would he be an option? Maybe we can land a WR coach who has also excelled at coaching special teams? Any ideas?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's now two of the three coaches, that were rumored to be getting fired, before RV came out and said otherwise. Coincidence?

Also, who was the WR coach at South Florida with Canales? Would he be an option? Maybe we can land a WR coach who has also excelled at coaching special teams? Any ideas?

Fired or did they choose to leave ?

WR coach was Phil McGeoghan who was retained by Skip Holtz

• Upvote 1

Interesting continued changeover for a coaching staff that was considered all returning and intact as of early December. Is OC at SLC considered a promotion over being WR Coach at NT? Coach Canales should have input on the replacement coach and it will work out OK. That's a lot of new offensive coaches to have to learn the playbook and personnel by March 23.

I think it is a huge coincidence that two of the High School coaches that were left on this staff are the 2 that left the program.

I don't believe in coincidences.

I also don't see a HS OC position as a step up from a college WR coach.

No disrespect to George or Ford. I appreciate their contributions to the program. Just an observation.

Fired or did they choose to leave ?

WR coach was Phil McGeoghan who was retained by Skip Holtz

I think it is a huge coincidence that two of the High School coaches that were left on this staff are the 2 that left the program.

I don't believe in coincidences.

I also don't see a HS OC position as a step up from a college WR coach.

No disrespect to George or Ford. I appreciate their contributions to the program. Just an observation.

I don't believe in coincidences either and these deals did not happen overnight. I would think this was a suggestion situation as we call it. Well I do not want to fire you but I suggest you might want to explore other opportunities if you know what I mean.

• Upvote 1

With dumb and dumber gone this team should win 7 games

so when you head out then the team should win 9-10 games???

no reason for the name calling of them by you...ya...i did it to you, but what one does to others has to be expected to happen to them...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

My top canditate : james

He resigned at Tulsa last week

Why? It seems like all of his coaching stops coincided with an era of suckiness at each respective school.OU from 92-98? SMU from 2002-07? Unless you know something, I'll definitely take a pass.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

I really think this can be a positive for us in the long run. Although he was a UNT alumni which is always a plus for your team, Dodge and Canales can now bring in someone with a lot of experience with more recruiting ties to Texas & Oklahoma and someone they're both comfortable with to develop the receivers. I'm sure Canales knows of a few guys who love to coach here with him & Dodge.

Why? It seems like all of his coaching stops coincided with an era of suckiness at each respective school.OU from 92-98? SMU from 2002-07? Unless you know something, I'll definitely take a pass.

You know of any available WR coaches that have more experience that would want to come here for 1 year ?

Our options are limited at this point

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1