Should "thunderstruck" Be Replaced?

jdennis82

This thread isn't happy enough yet. I'll teach it to be happy!

Gothic classic music and decade after decade highlights - Georgia:

Mix of Gothic/historical highlights, then on to Alan Parsons' Sirius with players tunnel walk - Nebraska (warning, boisterous Huskers fans filming):

Tolling bell, gothic music, former and current player mixed in with historical clips - Oklahoma:

Animation of animals turning into players, trophy showcase, two coaches, tunnel run - Texas:

Metallica, Enter Sandman, animation of jet coming out of farmland, a few historical clips - Kansas:

Ozzy, Metallica, metal mix, animated train rollng through Kansas and turning it purple, smashing opponent helmet - Kansas State:

This thread isn't happy enough yet. I'll teach it to be happy!

Gothic classic music and decade after decade highlights - Georgia:

Mix of Gothic/historical highlights, then on to Alan Parsons' Sirius with players tunnel walk - Nebraska (warning, boisterous Huskers fans filming):

Tolling bell, gothic music, former and current player mixed in with historical clips - Oklahoma:

Animation of animals turning into players, trophy showcase, two coaches, tunnel run - Texas:

Metallica, Enter Sandman, animation of jet coming out of farmland, a few historical clips - Kansas:

Ozzy, Metallica, metal mix, animated train rollng through Kansas and turning it purple, smashing opponent helmet - Kansas State:

Two years ago I went to a game in Austin and a game in Norman a few weeks apart. The OU intro was fantastic; the UT one had me laughing into my drink while people looked at me disapprovingly.

Two years ago I went to a game in Austin and a game in Norman a few weeks apart. The OU intro was fantastic; the UT one had me laughing into my drink while people looked at me disapprovingly.

Yeah, I kind of agree here. The UT animation is pathetically "Money For Nothing"-ish. But, hey...maybe the typical Longhorn fan likes to relive the mid-80s in their video intros.

(Note: Going into the office building today, I saw a Horn douche approaching his 50s wearing an orange pullover with a big Longhorn head on the front. Nice gear...for a kid in junior high school maybe. In the middle of the work day, out of football season, in an office environment...not so much. Perhap, save it for the weekend, dude?)

The Kansas State thing of their helmet smashing the opposing team's helmet is, for my money, forced. This is a stupid gimmick many schools use in football and basketball...unfortunately. In my mind, at a home game, most of the fans in attendance already know which team to cheer for...or, maybe I impute far too much gameday awareness to the average fan.

With Preist, give me Rapid Fire for what would be a loud, thundering intro:

But, what would really be unique - and, as far as I know, untried as of yet - is Rush's YYZ.

Yes.. YYZ IS the master song of them all. ...though Tom Sawyer, if we're gonna go Rush, is probably a little more pump-up-ish? ...and we do have that Von Erich connection at UNT so it sort of works...

• Upvote 1

Back in high school my tennis doubles partner and I used "Killing in the Name of" as our official entrance music. I can only imagine it would sound even better piped through a legitimate PA system compared to our little CD boom box. I don't mind letting you know it made for one hell of a badass entrance(at least the couple of times it wasn't shut down by a tournament official before hitting the post.) http://www.youtube.c...h?v=fkuOAY-S6OY