For those of you who missed my post Thursday

Rudy

This started Thursday when I posted this the first time, but like usual, my product is too abrasive. The Pep Band is going to drag the Music Department back down. Thursday, some punk completely disrespected America during the National Anthem. He stood with his back to the flag and his hands on his hips. When I tried to say something, he wanted to start a fight, or something like that. Was the band mad, hell no, they just laughed at it. Typical liberal music students. The same people voted the student fee down after the music department was given national publicity courtesy of the Athletic Department.

Saturday night, the same little jerk off did the same thing. He stood with his back to the flag and his hands on his hips. If he hates living here so much, lets ship is ass off to Iraq, where he can get gassed by an insane dictator, and if he says anything negative about the government, he gets tourted and killed.

If disrespecting America wasn't bad enough, tonight he decided to disrespect the University and the Athletic Department. During the 2nd half, shortly before the comeback attempt, I looked at the band. Guess what, he was SLEEPING!!!!!!!!!! WTF?!?!?!?!?!

Before the game I mentioned the National Anthem situation to one of the music directors. They said ok, we will watch the band. Oh they watched him allright. They watched him and didn't do ANYTHING! You can't tell me they didn't see him sleeping either, I saw him from two sections over!! Last year the band was very into the game, I guess that was short lived.

I hope they get on the ball QUICKLY!! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Well one of the things so great about the country is people has the right to protest. As disrespectful as it is to turn your back to the flag, it IS a form of protest.

Hell it's every bit as valid as marching in the streets or just hanging out with signs protesting war(both of which have been done here recently). Do I like it? No, but they have every right to it....it's part of what makes the USA such a great country.

Brian, lay off the band and the guy that was doing it. As much as we don't like to see it happen, this IS a free country and he has every right to do that. Now lay off. You know that I am involved with the music department and a lot of those guys in the Pep Band were in the marching band, so you are trashing my fellow band mates. So lay off.

We may not agree with what he is doing, but that is his right to do so.

It's a good thing I didn't notice that (my eyes were alternately on our flag and the lady performing the National Anthem) or that the Veteran that was with me didn't notice that. We will not tolerate that crap from anyone.

If he hates living here so much, lets ship is ass off to Iraq, where he can get gassed by an insane dictator, and if he says anything negative about the government, he gets tourted and killed.

I would suggest the same for you my friend. If you don't like the free speech laws of the USA I am sure that Saddam could accomodate you.

Seeya,

Shane

Well one of the things so great about the country is people has the right to protest.  As disrespectful as it is to turn your back to the flag, it IS a form of protest. 

Hell it's every bit as valid as marching in the streets or just hanging out with signs protesting war(both of which have been done here recently).  Do I like it?  No, but they have every right to it....it's part of what makes the USA such a great country.

I agree and disagree.

AGREE: This is a free country and everyone has the right to protest in the way they see fit.

DISAGREE: This student is representing the University at this time and should protest on his own time. I manage many employees and have no control over what they do on their own time, but I can control what they do while working and representing the company that employs us. In no way would I allow one of my employees to do this, or engage in any form of protest while on my company's time.

This student chose to draw attention to himself while representing the University while serving in the Pep Band. This reflects on the University as a whole.

Personally, I don't like what he did, but I also understand part of what makes our country the best is the freedom of expression.

Lifer is right. While he has the right to say or do anything within the bounds of reason he should exercise a good taste and do that as part of a protest group. He is representing a group which I daresay does not endorse disrespect for the flag or the country.

Many posters on this board have served in the military in time of war. I know that I am, and I believe that most do all they can to honor the flag and our comrades who died to maintain the right of free speech.

But just as this contemptable person has his right to turn his back on the flag, Rudy has the right to voice his displeasure. Back off hell, I applaud you Rudy. We are all responsible for our actions. If my actions offend someone else then I must be prepared for the consequences. If someone's actions offend me, I have the right to say what I think about it. It's my right of free speech.

Eh, I don't agree with the disresect for the flag. However...it IS his right as an American to do so. Believe me....I'd love to beat the living piss out of him for it. But doing that and getting into an complete uproar about it (like we're doing) is just nutty.

Well one of the things so great about the country is people has the right to protest.  As disrespectful as it is to turn your back to the flag, it IS a form of protest. 

Hell it's every bit as valid as marching in the streets or just hanging out with signs protesting war(both of which have been done here recently).  Do I like it?  No, but they have every right to it....it's part of what makes the USA such a great country.

Come on CMJ, you know the little jerkwad wasn't doing it as a form of protest, he was doing it to be a little dick. Most people that protest things don't do it because they feel strongly for the cause, they do it because the little wusses didn't get enough attention from mommy at home, therefore, they need attention now. I've got a suggestion for the little bastard, go protest by defending Saddam from the impending doom that is about to be bestowed upon his royal arse.

God bless America!!