Derek Thompson...

EastTexasMG

So we fire DeLoach also? All he did in the one year he was hired and with only 1 year of recruiting is reduce the number of points scored against NT the year from 505 down to 387 through the army game...a reduction of 118 points or 23.5 % in this one year. All he did under DD over was to have NT ranked among the leaders in the nation...I just don't remember what the ranking was (I think # 12 in the nation) when he left but it sure as hell not done in his first year. ...if any one knows a different ranking please post it.

OH NO!!!!! i'm not saying that at all. my response was to one that said dodge should have been gone midweek and deloach become the coach.

deloach has turned this defense around, although, they did lose many leads this year. that's got to get worked on for next year.

Who would you put in at QB for the last drive for a TD? Lets see...Riley may have a broken bone in his arm, Tune was injured....Baine I don't believe is on the traveling squad.....................again who would you put in at QB since you "know what you are talking about"

you don't burn a full year of playing to use him for 50 seconds. you snap the ball to a running back, or wildcat play. what a moron decision.

that why he will soon be a non college coach.

i'm pretty sure that the reason dodge may get fired isn't because of the use of thompson....and i was referring to you when i used "coach", not dodge....you seem to know exactly what to call...

I don't care who is hurt. Darius and Mathis i think were both QB's in high school. Dodge just screwed the poor kid out of a year of his collegiate career for one freaking series in a lost cause. The jerk is going scorched earth. If I were the kids father I'd punch him in his nose. Classless. Absolutely classless.

Mathis was a RB at Martin HS in Arlington

For that amount of time left, I think Darrien Williams would have been a great idea instead....he ran the option a bunch in Vernon as QB and also played defense....could've, would've, should've. I do agree though with some of the comments....if I was his parents, I would be pissed.

For that amount of time left, I think Darrien Williams would have been a great idea instead....he ran the option a bunch in Vernon as QB and also played defense....could've, would've, should've. I do agree though with some of the comments....if I was his parents, I would be pissed.

Good call. Yes Williams was the QB @ Vernon and a very good one at that. I believe he started for 2 years both ways

Who would you put in at QB for the last drive for a TD? Lets see...Riley may have a broken bone in his arm, Tune was injured....Baine I don't believe is on the traveling squad.....................again who would you put in at QB since you "know what you are talking about"

I don't know who I would have put in. But I think it is reasonable to not have gone into this game with the possibility that you might have to burn a valuable asset - a full year of a quarterback's eligibility - in the last two minutes of the last game of a 2-9 season. Considering that Riley has been injured a lot, the possibility of him not finishing any game is high. Therefore, you need to have a second and third quarterback in mind before the game, and that third option should not have been Thompson, at least not at this point in the season. If you have to go to him early in the season due to injuries, that's one thing. Then you have time to get him more playing time and make more use of him during the season. But burning a redshirt for the final two minutes of the season is, I believe, a huge mistake.

I don't know who I would have put in. But I think it is reasonable to not have gone into this game with the possibility that you might have to burn a valuable asset - a full year of a quarterback's eligibility - in the last two minutes of the last game of a 2-9 season. Considering that Riley has been injured a lot, the possibility of him not finishing any game is high. Therefore, you need to have a second and third quarterback in mind before the game, and that third option should not have been Thompson, at least not at this point in the season. If you have to go to him early in the season due to injuries, that's one thing. Then you have time to get him more playing time and make more use of him during the season. But burning a redshirt for the final two minutes of the season is, I believe, a huge mistake.

Down by two scores, no timeouts, etc.