Derek Thompson...

EastTexasMG

I've met and talked to his parents.

They never expected him to play a single second this year, and they were glad he was getting a season to learn. You're wrong on this one.

In the unlikely event that Todd Dodge does return, it wouldn't surprise me to see Derek Thompson transfer to a 1AA school because of the redshirt burning.

The team should be in the locker room right now holding Dodge and letting Thompson take his free shots.

The fact that anyone could actually defend the burning of his redshirt in the last two minutes of a 2 win season has made my already sore brain explode.

Adios guys.

he still learned this season!!!! just by him playing one series doesn't change that. so know he only gets three more years of college...no biggie.

javia hall should be here next year and if he's as good as advertised, thompson won't be playing much.

I'm with you man. You guys act like there is no alternative to Derek Thompson in 2013. Dodge wanted to win this game because it may be his last. I don't blame him for doing what he could to pull this one out. I guess Mack Brown is an idiot too for using Garrett Gilbert for mopup duty.

The team should be in the locker room right now holding Dodge and letting Thompson take his free shots.

The fact that anyone could actually defend the burning of his redshirt in the last two minutes of a 2 win season has made my already sore brain explode.

Adios guys.

So Dodge held a gun to his head? The kid was probably excited to play! If he was worried about losing a season of eligibilty under a "lame duck" coach(as you guys say) he could have refused and said no thanks, I don't want to lose my shirt coach.

I'm with you man. You guys act like there is no alternative to Derek Thompson in 2013. Dodge wanted to win this game because it may be his last. I don't blame him for doing what he could to pull this one out. I guess Mack Brown is an idiot too for using Garrett Gilbert for mopup duty.

WHAT ABOUT THE ALTERNATIVE FOR DEREK THOMPSON? HE JUST LOST A YEAR OF ELIGIBILITY FOR NOTHING. FOR NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want to hear another f'ing word about Todd Dodge's ethics and morals. Not another word. Move over, Dickey, your exit has been topped.

This is why the announcement should have been made on Monday and we should have had this game played under an interim coach. This is Dickey all over again, only Dickey didn't play Nathan Tune at the end of 2006 out of spite or stupidity.

Bitch all you want about black jerseys, but I'm more upset about red shirts. Absolutely ridiculous.

We have 1:50 left in a season where we're 2-9 and down two scores with a LAME DUCK COACH. So naturally, we burn a redshirt we've been sitting on all year just so we can still fail to come back.

Unreal. What an electrifying and ultimately irrelevant drive. I'm glad it just cost us an entire season of Derek Thompson.

What's the silver lining? Now, under next year's coach, we'll have a sophomore with two minutes of game experience to start at QB?

+ inifinity

ya...no biggee

That seems stupid to me. We redshirted him for a reason. Now we've lost the benefit of that, and all he has to show for it is one drive of less than a minute. How would you feel if you were Thompson? Why stick around when you're that unimportant to the program?

WHAT ABOUT THE ALTERNATIVE FOR DEREK THOMPSON? HE JUST LOST A YEAR OF ELIGIBILITY FOR NOTHING. FOR NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want to hear another f'ing word about Todd Dodge's ethics and morals. Not another word. Move over, Dickey, your exit has been topped.

who cares if he lost a year of eligibility!!!! maybe he wants to graduate on time and move on! chances are, he's not making it in the nfl and he wants to start a career doing something else that he loves!

who cares if he lost a year of eligibility!!!! maybe he wants to graduate on time and move on! chances are, he's not making it in the nfl and he wants to start a career doing something else that he loves!

Unless something changed in the last month, HE DOESN'T.

Find some other line of argument to try and defend this. Or, give up on the whole pointless endeavor.

That seems stupid to me. We redshirted him for a reason. Now we've lost the benefit of that, and all he has to show for it is one drive of less than a minute. How would you feel if you were Thompson? Why stick around when you're that unimportant to the program?

who says he's unimportant to the team? who says he didn't go up to dodge and ask to play? you and i don't know any of these answers! he played, he scored, he helped the team. isn't that what a player is supposed to do???

Take a Xanax and cool your rage. You don't think Thompson wanted to play? You guys would've pitched a fit if he played Thompson at any point in the season bc you say you need to wait until Riley's and Tune's eligibilty expired.

Unless something changed in the last month, HE DOESN'T.

Find some other line of argument to try and defend this. Or, give up on the whole pointless endeavor.

do you know something HASN'T changed in the last month??? if not, then "find some other line of argument to try and defend this. or, give up on the whole pointless endeavor."

get off your high horse dude...NONE OF US KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED!@!!!!!

• Downvote 1

Take a Xanax and cool your rage. You don't think Thompson wanted to play? You guys would've pitched a fit if he played Thompson at any point in the season bc you say you need to wait until Riley's and Tune's eligibilty expired.

My rage, sir, will be cooled when Dodge is shown the door. Not a moment before.

Thank you, Todd Dodge, for eliminating any sympapthy I had for you.

Yes, we redshirted him because he was behind Riley and Tune on the depth chart. If Riley and Tune go down against Army last week, Thompson still would have played this weed.

I dont care if Bain didn't make the trip. Put someone in there and run the wildcat, or wahtever you want to call it. SHORTSIGHTED!!!

Guys, look...I'm no ardent Dodge backers, but be realistic. We were in a situation where we needed to throw the ball to score quickly. No way we scored that last touchdown out of the Wildcat. Thompson gave us the best chance to complete the comeback.

My rage, sir, will be cooled when Dodge is shown the door. Not a moment before.

Thank you, Todd Dodge, for eliminating any sympapthy I had for you.

Be careful what you wish for. We love quick change and have no patience which is why we are destined to live in the cellar forever.

Yes, we redshirted him because he was behind Riley and Tune on the depth chart. If Riley and Tune go down against Army last week, Thompson still would have played this weed.

You don't see the difference between playing a redshirt for an entire game and bringing him in for a nearly hopeless comeback attempt with 2:33 left?