Army Game

KRAM1

Hey, I was just wondering where the "hype" for the Army game is these days? I have not even seen any mention of the Black Knights, and flyover (helicopter perhaps, not F-15"s as the Army doesn't fly the F-15), and pre-game festivities including Army members, any "fill Fouts field" campaign, etc., etc.

In reality the only thing has been the Denton Alumni Chapter's "Tank Army" t-shirt campaign...which, I might add the Athletic Dept. has been absolutely NO HELP with even though they have been asked for assistance several times all the while the Denton Chapter has promoted the Athletic Dept. loudly and often at their events...but, I digress.....where is the hype and build-up for this game? Sure, the record is not so great, but can we not get fired up for the Cadets of West Point? Can the Athletic Dept.do something here to build a bit of excitement???

OK, a legit question here...does the athletic dept. have a full-time Sport's Information Director or a full-time promotions director??? I do not mean student interns or grad students or part-time "part of my job" folks...I mean full-time college grad with experience trained professionals in these two positions? If so, I have not a clue who they might be. If not, WHY NOT???? Just asking....

Come on...I really think the Mean Green faithful can fill Fouts for the Army game...it would help just a tad bit if the athletic dept itself seemed to be interested in doing the same thing? And, do not tell me it is too early...it may be too late, but it certainly ids not too early.

Funny you should mention promotions coming out of our AD....

For the past two home games, Western Ky and ULM, I have received the Mean Green Club flyers promoting the deck activities for each game.....on MONDAY after the game day weekend! That's right! The games have been played and here comes the Monday flyer promotion. Of course, anyone in the Mean Green Club knows the deck is open prior to kickoff, and food and beverages are available to members. But can't they send these flyers out a little sooner? Maybe I'm just picky.... just sayin'.

DeepGreen...you are correct...I get my Mean Green Club flyer announcing game day deck activities on MONDAY after the game also. My wife and I get a big laugh out of that. How hard can it be to get the mailings out in time to arrive the Friday BEFORE the game?

I guess it takes a rocket scientist. Ha...too funny, but, of course, members know what is going on with the deck so the lateness of the flyer is of no real significance...except, of course, what it says about our athletic department.

Hey, I was just wondering where the "hype" for the Army game is these days? I have not even seen any mention of the Black Knights, and flyover (helicopter perhaps, not F-15"s as the Army doesn't fly the F-15), and pre-game festivities including Army members, any "fill Fouts field" campaign, etc., etc.

In reality the only thing has been the Denton Alumni Chapter's "Tank Army" t-shirt campaign...which, I might add the Athletic Dept. has been absolutely NO HELP with even though they have been asked for assistance several times all the while the Denton Chapter has promoted the Athletic Dept. loudly and often at their events...but, I digress.....where is the hype and build-up for this game? Sure, the record is not so great, but can we not get fired up for the Cadets of West Point? Can the Athletic Dept.do something here to build a bit of excitement???

OK, a legit question here...does the athletic dept. have a full-time Sport's Information Director or a full-time promotions director??? I do not mean student interns or grad students or part-time "part of my job" folks...I mean full-time college grad with experience trained professionals in these two positions? If so, I have not a clue who they might be. If not, WHY NOT???? Just asking....

Come on...I really think the Mean Green faithful can fill Fouts for the Army game...it would help just a tad bit if the athletic dept itself seemed to be interested in doing the same thing? And, do not tell me it is too early...it may be too late, but it certainly ids not too early.

I love it -- Kram is using his own sour grapes about t-shirts to fuel his own attack on the AD.

You know, I wish you would put aside your complaints and just support the school unconditionally. :D

Funny you should mention promotions coming out of our AD....

For the past two home games, Western Ky and ULM, I have received the Mean Green Club flyers promoting the deck activities for each game.....on MONDAY after the game day weekend! That's right! The games have been played and here comes the Monday flyer promotion. Of course, anyone in the Mean Green Club knows the deck is open prior to kickoff, and food and beverages are available to members. But can't they send these flyers out a little sooner? Maybe I'm just picky.... just sayin'.

The same here??? I thought I just had a really lazy mail carrier. "Hello Newman..."

GMG!!!

You know, KRAM and I don't agree on a whole host of issues surrounding the football program. But, I admire his faith in the athletic department despite its constant and plain show of ineptitude when it comes to promoting the team.

God bless you, KRAM. Your patience with this whole thing is not unlike that of Job.

I love it -- Kram is using his own sour grapes about t-shirts to fuel his own attack on the AD.

No sour grapes here...getting the job done without any help from the department...and we will continue to support the athletic dept at our events whether they help us fund UNT scholarships or not...just the facts as they are...not all streets run two ways, but we still drive on them!

And, as I recall, you promised to purchase a Tank Army shirt...I still have it waiting for you! :lol:

No sour grapes here...getting the job done without any help from the department...and we will continue to support the athletic dept at our events whether they help us fund UNT scholarships or not...just the facts as they are...not all streets run two ways, but we still drive on them!

And, as I recall, you promised to purchase a Tank Army shirt...I still have it waiting for you! :lol:

I have had a wrinkly check in my wallet since the 5K just hoping that I'd find you. You say I'm the ghost, but I say you're not real.

I have had a wrinkly check in my wallet since the 5K just hoping that I'd find you. You say I'm the ghost, but I say you're not real.

My wife says the same thing...but, she means it as a compliment. Don't tell her I said that, she may not realize it's a compliment.

Tim Crouch announced during the ULM game that next Thursday, Nov. 18th, was UNT night at the Dallas Stars game. He went on to say that the dancers, Green Brigade, Scrappy, and the cheerleaders would be in the plaza before. He said this was tied to the game with Army as some kind of pep rally. That was the only promotion of anything related to Army that I heard.

Tim Crouch announced during the ULM game that next Thursday, Nov. 18th, was UNT night at the Dallas Stars game. He went on to say that the dancers, Green Brigade, Scrappy, and the cheerleaders would be in the plaza before. He said this was tied to the game with Army as some kind of pep rally. That was the only promotion of anything related to Army that I heard.

Nice STARS game promo. I'm looking for a little promo for and from UNT. Let's see you get "special" tickets through UNT for a Stars game, but there is no special ticket promo for the Army game by UNT. I guess the Stars do have a promo dept. up and working. Who thinks that UNT was the one who came up with this idea for the Stars game? Just wondering, but I'd guess that someone from the Stars organization contacted UNT to get this ball rolling.

You think UNT will be selling tickets to the Army game on the plaza? Or, setting up a discount ticket deal for the Army game if you joined in the Mean Green night with the Stars...I don't know, any number if ideas come to mind here...

I so badly want Fouts to be filled for the Army game for many reasons. I want the Mean Green's win to be witnessed by as many folks as possible, I want the stadium groundbreaking to be a great success, I want the folks to show up and support the young men and women who attend West Point, and I want folks to show their support for the Mean Green and especially the team's seniors who have been through quite a lot and given quite a lot over their tenure with the Mean Green...it will be a GREAT day...made even "greater" with a full stadium!

GO MEAN GREEN!

I was told saturday at your table, that the Athletics department wouldn't allow you to sell the shirts inside the stadium which just boggles my mind. So here is an organization trying to drum up support for a game, and they won't allow you inside the stadium to help the organization just as your organization is trying to help athletics, but whatever.

The Athletic Department should have ads in the DRC and other area newspapers offering discounted tickets for the Army game just to fill the stands. Five pack bleacher tickets for $20 bucks?

I doubt they will ever do this - the saturday of the MUTS game, the University had a thing called "UNT Preview" where they bring in students from all over to tour the University and departments.....what a perfect time to give each student tickets to the game as a culmination of their day there. A home game that they could have a general admission ticket to come watch the game and the AD could make money off the refreshments....any guess if this was done?

The AD would rather have (1) person come and buy a GA ticket for $10, then they would have (10) people come and buy a ticket for $1.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

I doubt they will ever do this - the saturday of the MUTS game, the University had a thing called "UNT Preview" where they bring in students from all over to tour the University and departments.....what a perfect time to give each student tickets to the game as a culmination of their day there. A home game that they could have a general admission ticket to come watch the game and the AD could make money off the refreshments....any guess if this was done?

The AD would rather have (1) person come and buy a GA ticket for $10, then they would have (10) people come and buy a ticket for $1.

Some might even pay to park and buy some Mean Green gear and food. Imagine that!

I was told saturday at your table, that the Athletics department wouldn't allow you to sell the shirts inside the stadium which just boggles my mind. So here is an organization trying to drum up support for a game, and they won't allow you inside the stadium to help the organization just as your organization is trying to help athletics, but whatever.

This is the bigger problem along with the Preview Day

They also were not allowed to sell them at the Mean Green Kickoff Cookout. I mean wtf, the day we lose people like Kram etc is a very sad day.

It's just like the loss of Greenstock. I've never seen a business, UNT Athletics, make it so hard to do business

What if...4,500 prospective students attended preview day.

What if...4,500 prospective students were offered North Texas tickets that day.

What if...19 of them decided to use the tickets because the rest didn't want to watch the #119/#120 showcase?

What if...say, 18,000 tickets were sold right now for Army (entirely hypothetical). Say you were going to sell another 2,000 this week at full price. What if you discounted the ticket - how many more people would you really get? 1,000? 2,000? Unless you could get 4,000 half-price tickets sold, you just lost money.

What if...there were special offers for soldiers that have been available for months only being offered in channels available to them?

What if the AD generally distributed thousands of posters, stickers and other collateral the week of the game around time - keeping a one opponent at a time mentality. They might not quite capture the magic and confusion of "Tank Army," but they could say "Beat Army". Is that okay?

There are a ton of areas where the AD can do a better job and there are maybe 6 people here I'd enjoy discussing it with - but nothing beats the board collectively circle-jerking about ideas that they think they discovered this week that have already been pursued and/or implemented. Hey, if we can't fix the steaming pile of horse crap we're selling, we might as well attack the people in charge of putting the ribbons and bow around it to feel better.

Also, not sure if Promotions does the Mean Green Club flyers - who wants to ask?

Oh, and I love me some grassroots t-shirt sales inside the stadium, but is the AD allowed to promote and sell non-licensed apparel? Would they have partners who would be frustrated by that? Did they provide any kind of official logos or branding for the shirt? Does the shirt meet all the standards? Do they really want to tank Army. Everyone has an opinion and everyone can express it, but I just can't get past the fact that some folks can unleash a sudden stream of anger that can seemigly be traced back to not getting their way about something. To quote a good friend of mine:

"Come on folks! Put your personal grudges aside and support the Mean Green. Good things are happening!"

Our sports information director is Eric Capper and he is a true professional doing a great job. SIF directors are not promotions directors.

DeepGreen...you are correct...I get my Mean Green Club flyer announcing game day deck activities on MONDAY after the game also. My wife and I get a big laugh out of that. How hard can it be to get the mailings out in time to arrive the Friday BEFORE the game?

I guess it takes a rocket scientist. Ha...too funny, but, of course, members know what is going on with the deck so the lateness of the flyer is of no real significance...except, of course, what it says about our athletic department.

OUR department is always a "game late, and a coach short"

Edited by GreenStreet

Are department is always a "game loss, and a coach short"

or 'our'

You know, whichever.

Also, Quoner is right: tee-shirts n stuff and something about having already complained and something else. Also, if someone somewhere already said something you're an idiot for thinking about saying it etc.

So yeah.

GE (go eagles!)

The Athletic Department should have ads in the DRC and other area newspapers offering discounted tickets for the Army game just to fill the stands. Five pack bleacher tickets for $20 bucks?

I am pretty sure this game will not have problem selling out. How was the Navy game marketed? Did we have trouble feeling the stands then?

I am pretty sure this game will not have problem selling out. How was the Navy game marketed? Did we have trouble feeling the stands then?

Navy was having a great year, I can't remember the record offhand, but they were generating a lot of buzz, especially having beaten Notre Dame for the first time in ages, and their coach, Paul Johnson, was on everybody's short list of coaching candidates. Army, is in the first year of the new coach they hired from FCS Cal Poly, and has won 3 games so far.