Why Is Rv Immune From The Firing Line?

Six years later, and we are still asking the same question.

Only at North Texas. 

Why North Texas?

Think some were questioning his ability even longer than six years ago, found the below statement (wasn't sure how to quote it) from a thread on Podcast #8 that Harry, Evan and meanrob did 9 years ago.

Posted 25 Oct 2006 · Report post

To all mean green fans, if you haven't listened, do yourself a favor and listen. An excellent point is made regarding the ability of this AD to make a proper hire, if everyone gets their wish and DD goes. Pretty much sums up the way I feel and I'm sure the way others feel.

• Upvote 1

Think some were questioning his ability even longer than six years ago, found the below statement (wasn't sure how to quote it) from a thread on Podcast #8 that Harry, Evan and meanrob did 9 years ago.

Posted 25 Oct 2006 · Report post

To all mean green fans, if you haven't listened, do yourself a favor and listen. An excellent point is made regarding the ability of this AD to make a proper hire, if everyone gets their wish and DD goes. Pretty much sums up the way I feel and I'm sure the way others feel.

this made me want to dig up the pod, but my feeda will only load up the lastlast 10 episodes. Any suggestions?

El Guapo always seems to show up at the most inopportune times!

In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face.  For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is an athletic director who has been here for 14 years, can't schedule 6 home games a year, blames lower level teams, and can't hire a decent coach.

• Upvote 4

I sat through the whole debacle; I always make it to the Alma Mater. After a while, it didn't hurt so bad - in fact it was funny in spots. Sort of a 3 Stooges performance. I honestly do not EVER remember seeing a less-competitive football game played by North Texas.

@EagleMBA, have you been forced to laugh just to keep from weeping?

last Saturday?

Holy $hidt, Batman! It looks like I was an RV defender from the old posts I made in this thread. I was wrong back then. Allow me to apologize and say that the passage of time has made me wiser. I re-read this thread from the beginning to refresh my memory from six years ago and to put my comments in context. Looks like I was one of the last to head for the lifeboat. I was giving the man props for some of the good things.

Well, 10Eagle10 found an old post of mine from 2009...and here we are again. Ya'll can see from my post from this past Saturday that I'm still laughing on the outside and crying on the inside. Looks like we've all been suffering for a long, long time. There is a common thread in all of this...the subject of this thread.

Edited by EagleMBA
addition, mea culpa
  • Upvote 2

also remember in RV tenure we have gone from just about the worst university in title 9 to #1 two years running. That plus the tremendous facilities he has/will build on this campus, to me signals that he has done a great job as AD. RV is not the problem.

I wonder if @bstnsportsfan3 has changed his mind about RV not being the problem. Gotta love the 6 year bumps