A Dilemma

untStein

Ok this is a point that might have been brought up before, so I apologize if it has. I personally think that Rodge is going to be a great player and I have alot of faith in his future. My feelings for Todge are the opposite and I don't think he's the answer. Part of my faith in Rodge's future lies in the fact that he knows this offense. To make a long story short, how good can Rodge be if we get a different coach that brings in an offense like say, DD. This is not a keep/fire Todge question, necessarily, I would just like some opinions from people who have seen more games than I have this season.

Ok this is a point that might have been brought up before, so I apologize if it has. I personally think that Rodge is going to be a great player and I have alot of faith in his future. My feelings for Todge are the opposite and I don't think he's the answer. Part of my faith in Rodge's future lies in the fact that he knows this offense. To make a long story short, how good can Rodge be if we get a different coach that brings in an offense like say, DD. This is not a keep/fire Todge question, necessarily, I would just like some opinions from people who have seen more games than I have this season.

I think that Riley Dodge will not be around to play any games that Todd Dodge isn't coaching. And I wouldn't blame him or hold it against him, either.

I don't know if it really matters that Riley knows this offense. It seems to me that this offense does not work against

a good defense.

I don't know if it really matters that Riley knows this offense. It seems to me that this offense does not work against

a good defense.

BINGO

Even if this offense if clicking by even all the right players it could get us to 6 - 6 at best any given year, but it could never beat anyone with a stout DEF capable of stopping the run.Not having a TE , a play under center , deep threats only make life for the opposing team easier

a good defense.

I agree. This style offense usually sputters against good defensive teams, especially at highter levels. There's a reason no one runs the spread in the NFL. When Todge was hired, I think most of us expected for us to attract good athletes to where we are competing for the sun belt every year and winning a few that we're not supposed to a la TT. That dream has passed.

Nah... but I would.

I just don't see Riley leaving even if his pops gets the axe.

I view Riley as a pretty brainy guy, and think he'll be able to think things through when it comes to a major life decision like that. There's always a point when a young person will have to separate their own priorities from their parents. I think Todd loves Riley and will want him to make the decision that's best for him. What if Todd had to decide as Hawkins has at Colorado, that he'll have to go with another quarterback? I think Todd would make a decision based on what's best for his career. It's not just the livelihood of a head coach at stake, but those of his assistants.

YA! Why would we care if the best QB recruit to ever come to our college wanted to transfer??

i am afraid that in you think r.d. is best q.b. ever to come our way you need a history lesson. vital carlin and steve ramsey both had n.f.l. careers.in addition, i would put rick shaw, ken washington, jordan case,scott davis, mitch mayher, scott hall, andrew smith, and g. vizza head and shoulders above rilley.

i am afraid that in you think r.d. is best q.b. ever to come our way you need a history lesson. vital carlin and steve ramsey both had n.f.l. careers.in addition, i would put rick shaw, ken washington, jordan case,scott davis, mitch mayher, scott hall, andrew smith, and g. vizza head and shoulders above rilley.

Read again . . . QB recruit. NT has never had as highly rated and decorated a QB commit.

Plus, I think you're cracksmokin with a couple of those on your list.

YA! Why would we care if the best QB recruit to ever come to our college wanted to transfer??

I would argue that point, Riley has only had great games against teams ranked #120 and #119 in the rest he has played average at best. I would rather have a field general who does try to be the center of every play.

Alsom would be curious to see how our RS Derek Thompson will do next year if he gets a fair shake at least.

Edited by untbowler

I think RD is going to be a really good QB. Good arm, good feet, needs to make better decissions.

I think he should be sitting behind our former QB winning the job away from him.

I don't think the threat of a player transferring is reason to keep a coach.

I don't think 1 players potential is enough of a reason to keep a coach.

how can you compare a RS Freshman to other NT QB's that finished their careers? Would it be applicable to compare the other NT QB's during their freshman year to R.D.? ...... and I really doubt if any of them started as a freshman and maybe one or two as a sophmore. Besides, Steve Ramsey started when he was a sophmore......NCAA rule at the time disallowed any freshmen playing varsity sports. 1967 was the year that the NT freshman team beat the Oklahoma freshman team.

Ya gotta remember that NT was in the ESPN bottom 10 quite a few times during DD's last two years. Coach Dodge inherited a very very bad team on both sides of the ball. Since I have been watching NT FB..........and my first NT game I saw was under Coach Mitchell in '66 the team that Coach Dodge inherited, IMHO, was the worst group of talent, as a whole, I have ever seen.

Personally, I think Coach Dodge has done an excellent job in getting talent in here and IMHO, again, is one of the best recruiters I have seen. Most of his recruits are now sophmores.............or have you forgotten. I believe the team, as a whole, has improved a great deal since he has arrived.......but this is something you can not evaluate in W's & L's.

NT is lucky to have TD.......................heck, not too long ago the same crowd wanted to "can" JJ......now look at him.....probably the best NT BB team ever. The BB team is loaded with talent and is deep in every position......probably 12 men deep.

how can you compare a RS Freshman to other NT QB's that finished their careers? Would it be applicable to compare the other NT QB's during their freshman year to R.D.? ...... and I really doubt if any of them started as a freshman and maybe one or two as a sophmore. Besides, Steve Ramsey started when he was a sophmore......NCAA rule at the time disallowed any freshmen playing varsity sports. 1967 was the year that the NT freshman team beat the Oklahoma freshman team.

Ya gotta remember that NT was in the ESPN bottom 10 quite a few times during DD's last two years. Coach Dodge inherited a very very bad team on both sides of the ball. Since I have been watching NT FB..........and my first NT game I saw was under Coach Mitchell in '66 the team that Coach Dodge inherited, IMHO, was the worst group of talent, as a whole, I have ever seen.

Personally, I think Coach Dodge has done an excellent job in getting talent in here and IMHO, again, is one of the best recruiters I have seen. Most of his recruits are now sophmores.............or have you forgotten. I believe the team, as a whole, has improved a great deal since he has arrived.......but this is something you can not evaluate in W's & L's.

NT is lucky to have TD.......................heck, not too long ago the same crowd wanted to "can" JJ......now look at him.....probably the best NT BB team ever. The BB team is loaded with talent and is deep in every position......probably 12 men deep.

Tired of that arguement, if they were so bad then how the hell did Dodge have his best season then in Year 1, with DD's guys?

Read again . . . QB recruit. NT has never had as highly rated and decorated a QB commit.

Plus, I think you're cracksmokin with a couple of those on your list.

i doub't if you have seen enough n.t. games to know the difference between a quaterback with a good game vs. one with a good name. also, who else besides n.t. offered rilley a spot as q.b.?

bowler there are three games remaining......NT has a really good chance to win all three.....then that would make your statement moot.

Of course if this teams plays pretty much like they have for the last 32 games, we have just as good of a chance of losing the last three games and his statement wouldn't be moot.