Officials Blew This Game And That's Not Overreacting

NorthTexan95

The refs blew some calls, no doubt, we still never should have been in position. We were up by 13 and cruising.

Calls got blown both ways, on the last FAU score, were they drove it in (on second effort, we had him stopped dead) on third down, they actually scored first down. If we had been able to hold them, it would have been a huge miscall in our favor.

Then that call didn't cost them.

I was unable to watch the game and followed it as close as I could but we were winning 40-37 and could have stopped FAU on their final game winning touchdown drive. I tend to think ultimately everything evens out at the very end. Ultimately the anus was on the NT defense and trying to stop FAU on their game winning drive in my opinion.

I was unable to watch the game and followed it as close as I could but we were winning 40-37 and could have stopped FAU on their final game winning touchdown drive. I tend to think ultimately everything evens out at the very end. Ultimately the anus was on the NT defense and trying to stop FAU on their game winning drive in my opinion.

Dude, I think the word is "onus", but people may run with this.

2crnla1.jpg

Yea those 3 kickoffs that went out of bounds really didn't....I saw it on tv so it must be true. If it weren't for the refs Dodge would be 30-0. Now he needs to go on a 24 game winning streak just to get back to being an average program.

What? No SMU/June love?? You're slipping in the "quality" of your posts.

The officials blew this game for UNT. Three missed obvious pass interference calls and our guy was out of bounds before he fumbled on the kick off. I recorded the game and replayed to make sure. UNT's defense played awful but the officals were worse. Todd Dodge will really explode when he sees the film.

I'm sorry but the refs did not cost us that game. It's so easy for the losers to complain that the refs cost us the game. In all my years of watching and attending football games I have never heard the winners claim that we would have never won that game if the refs hadn't been with us. I'm sorry but that is just a cop out. I was at the game and no one in our group felt that the refs cost us that game. If the refs had walked out at the beginning of the game and announced that they were spotting FAU 30 points then I would probably agree that the refs cost us the game. Get over it people. We gave up 44 points and lost the game because we couldn't stop the opposing offense. It's as simple as that.

In all my years of watching and attending football games I have never heard the winners claim that we would have never won that game if the refs hadn't been with us. I'm sorry but that is just a cop out. I was at the game and no one in our group felt that the refs cost us that game.

this argument is weak.

And, i have heard winners claim that they had lucky breaks and fortunate calls due to refs.

But, that is besides the point... the point is why would they? What advantage is it as a winner to say that?! it makes no sense at all why FAU would get up there and say we were extremely lucky that the refs blew the call. It is human nature to want to boast that "we did it on our own merit!" And the losers do it also because they want to blame others but themselves.

However, refs do blow calls in critical parts of the game and they can take blame when appropriate. Perhaps this is one of those times. Your argument is a fallacy.

I'm sorry but the refs did not cost us that game. It's so easy for the losers to complain that the refs cost us the game. In all my years of watching and attending football games I have never heard the winners claim that we would have never won that game if the refs hadn't been with us. I'm sorry but that is just a cop out. I was at the game and no one in our group felt that the refs cost us that game. If the refs had walked out at the beginning of the game and announced that they were spotting FAU 30 points then I would probably agree that the refs cost us the game. Get over it people. We gave up 44 points and lost the game because we couldn't stop the opposing offense. It's as simple as that.

http://fauowlsnest.com/board/index.php?PHP...;topic=8625.195

Go to the 10th post down posted by owlfamily. I'm just sayin'.

• 2 weeks later...

this argument is weak.

And, i have heard winners claim that they had lucky breaks and fortunate calls due to refs.

But, that is besides the point... the point is why would they? What advantage is it as a winner to say that?! it makes no sense at all why FAU would get up there and say we were extremely lucky that the refs blew the call. It is human nature to want to boast that "we did it on our own merit!" And the losers do it also because they want to blame others but themselves.

However, refs do blow calls in critical parts of the game and they can take blame when appropriate. Perhaps this is one of those times. Your argument is a fallacy.

And the losers do it also because they want to blame others but themselves.

Thank you for reiterating my point!!