I'm Done

UNTflyer

I am not ready to knee jerk yet but man these mistakes are tough to watch.

Red shirt Freshman QB keep that in mind

At the end of the day this team is much better then it has been in a long while, they just need to get it all together.

We had way more talent tonight just too many mistakes.

There is a fine line between winning and losing (unless you are the 2008 NT team). Right now, this team does not know how to win.

The good news is that the talent is here. And, recruiting talent is the hardest part. So, with a little confidence and swagger, this team could become real contenders.

That being said, I have never, ever seen a team self-destruct as much as this one. As a fan, it is miserable to watch.

can we not drag a receiver over the middle and throw it to him? why the hell do we throw so many sidline routes? He doesn't have that kinda arm. Drew Brees doesn't either and that is why he's always been an over the middle passer. Can't we occassionally leak a tight end out for a dump pass? God this is getting so difficult to watch. Constantly shooting ourselves in the foot!

I am not ready to knee jerk yet but man these mistakes are tough to watch.

Red shirt Freshman QB keep that in mind

At the end of the day this team is much better then it has been in a long while, they just need to get it all together.

We had way more talent tonight just too many mistakes.

He has been in this system for a decade, no excuse for 9 turnovers in 2 games. Time for him to ride the pine and support his teammates.

I don't want to knee jerk - but this one hurt bad. Really bad. To dominate every stat in the game - not just by a small margin - we had 3 times as many yards as them. To get back into the game only to lose the game on another silly penalty for a ball that was not catchable. Please don't jump all over Riley, we would have never been in this game without him. This team is leaps and bounds ahead of last year's team and as I look at our schedule - we are exactly where I thought that we would be. I think we lose to FAU, I think that we lose to Troy, and then I think we go on a 4 game run, winning 5 games for the year. We will beat FIU, Army, WKY, and ULM. We lose to ASU, Troy, and FAU. End the season at 5-7. The team is as young as they get - and next year we win the Belt. I am just saying. That defense is going to win this conference again. Deloach has done wonders with them in the time he has been here. Give him one more year and they will be world beaters.

If someone does get fired.... well, it better not be Deloach. In fact, he probably should be the next head coach. But that loss hurt - it hurts bad. I can't remember getting this angry at a loss since old double D roamed the sidelines. He is still roaming the sidelines - just in New Mexico and with a team that hasn't won any games! hehe...

Edited by stebo

Couldn't agree with you guys more on Todd Dodge. I felt confident he should've been fired after he forced that terrible pass that was taken back for a touchdown...that feeling was enhanced when Todd ran the wrong route that led to another pick...but what put it over the top for me and confirmed his need for being fired was when Todd Dodge missed an easy block that led to a blocked punt. Thought RV should've gone down immediatly and fired him after that.

:mellow:

Umm... none of this is news, folks. While everyone was hoisting the staff, qb, etc on their shoulders after beating a really terrible Ball State team, anyone who watched the game realized we showed many signs of bad play calls, poor execution, and generally just not getting the job done. "leaving points on the field" is just that and there isn't a column for missed opportunities... nobody cares what you could have done. Unfortunately during the Ohio game, these problems cost us the game. If you can't move the ball 1 yard in 4 plays against a MAC defense, you aren't a good team. Also, MTSU isn't a great team and neither is the Memphis team nor the Maryland team they beat.

Our defense is going in the right direction but it needs help from our offense. I don't know if it's play-calling, poor decision making, or an inability to execute...maybe all of the above.

In my opinion, Tune is the better passer. He throws a tighter spiral and he can actually see over the DL which I view as a plus. Riley is an incredible athlete and a tremendous source of fire and motivation- so we should use him all over the place in a variety of roles: trick plays, wildcat, whatever the F you want... I'm still just not convinced he's the answer at QB. But hey, I'm just a dude on the internet with no coaching experience that hasn't played football since lining up at safety in 4th grade (which as far as I can tell is pretty much the 'right field' of elementary school football).

Let's see how the season plays out before we all jump off the bandwagon everyone was so happy to be a part of when we were 1-0.

Edited by Eagle1855