Do You Know This Man?

UNTflyer

I had a chance to talk with him and his son. He just moved to the area recently and was looking for a local team to follow. He doesn't have any previous ties with North Texas, doesn't really know anybody around here, and this was his first time to attend a North Texas event. He brought his son out and they were walking around enjoying the atmosphere. I pointed him in the direction of the various booths selling UNT merchandise, but told him I appreciated them coming out and dressing up to support college ball. Hopefully he met many other courteous UNT fans and was able to enjoy his experience so that he comes back, and perhaps someday sends his son to UNT.

Until such time he is identified, I will just call him Trojan Douche.

Seriously?? You know absolutely nothing about this person, yet you insult him and post his picture on a public forum...ridiculing him for wearing a college jersey to a college football game?? So you don't approve of the specific college jersey he chose to wear to a UNT game, so what?? Did he pay for a ticket and put some butts in seats?? YES, he did. UNTflyer, you've done more than your fair share to support UNT and our efforts to build a new stadium, but you should be ashamed of yourself for this particular post.

Whoever this fan and his family are, I thank you for attending a UNT football game and hope you had a good enough time to return over and over again.

I had a chance to talk with him and his son. He just moved to the area recently and was looking for a local team to follow. He doesn't have any previous ties with North Texas, doesn't really know anybody around here, and this was his first time to attend a North Texas event. He brought his son out and they were walking around enjoying the atmosphere. I pointed him in the direction of the various booths selling UNT merchandise, but told him I appreciated them coming out and dressing up to support college ball. Hopefully he met many other courteous UNT fans and was able to enjoy his experience so that he comes back, and perhaps someday sends his son to UNT.

Exactly. Our fanbase is very quick to dis paying customers...and, sometimes, longtime paying customers. If the guy wanted to show up wearing a barrell and boots, it shouldn't matter. Money is money.

By the way, did anyone see that guy in the Orange/ Student parking lot with the huge University of Texas flag/ backdrop inside his tent..... LOL.....

Im suprised no one went into his tent and set it on fire..... He was set up next us and frankly, I dont care since whoever wants to enjoy football and tailgating is welcome anytime.

We must be hospitable to those attending games who are "on the fence", even if they aren't yet hip to our most cherished traditions. They are the ones who, if courted assiduously, have the power to take UNT to a higher level in terms of attendance, financial support, and favorable publicity. We should remember that the lasting impression of Denton and UNT, to many of it's alumni, is that of a remarkably friendly place. That is a good thing.

Edited by eulessismore