Next 8 Games

AnotherEagleFan

Don't come down on the Mean Green too bad. If you would have said at the begining of the year that we would start 1-3, I think most of us would have taken that with enthusiasm.

Understandably, beating Ball State in game 1 built a lot of confidence in the fans. We can't lose that so quickly.

But you can't possibly tell me that there are only 2 teams left on the schedule that we can beat. I see 3 teams that we SHOULD still beat. 1 team that we should lose to. And 4 teams that we can compete with and could come out either way.

This team could/should still finish .500 or better.

not a chance , 2 max

two max...probably good estimate. Ball state was just not that good. This team has a LOT of talent, but when has UNT had this much talent and won soooooo few games....never...this is poor coaching....TD lets this get out of hand too soon and then doesn't have the urgency to get back in the game,.,..then its just tooo late.....pathetic leadership....the sooner TD is gone the better.

two max...probably good estimate. Ball state was just not that good. This team has a LOT of talent, but when has UNT had this much talent and won soooooo few games....never...this is poor coaching....TD lets this get out of hand too soon and then doesn't have the urgency to get back in the game,.,..then its just tooo late.....pathetic leadership....the sooner TD is gone the better.

Plenty of talent on this team. We need a new OC for sure. I think about the only team that is probably a win is WKY....after that, not sure there is another one.

I think there being very little film on a Riley lead offense at NT helped greatly against BSU. You see how fast BSU adjusted in the 2nd half, quickly getting back in the game. The zone read feuled the offense that night. BSU stuffed it in the 2nd half and the offense fluttered down the toilet with it. The bad weather in wk 2 was a great equalizer for NT, IMO. This week, the offense was handily outcoched.

Treads like this is the thing I dislike the most about this board, 4 games in and its back to doom and gloom...AnotherEagleFan i like your optimism and your half full approach

I am actually amazed that in the third year of this experiment, in our fourth game at home, against a Sun Belt opponent, down 30-7 at the break, that there isn't more people on here ticked. Folks this is not WORKING. 30-7 at the BREAK. 28 games in and we have won a TOTAL of 4 games.

Can any coach win at NT?

Legitimate Div1 school in a metroplex loaded with high school football talent AND a new stadium on the way???? Hell freakin' yes! How many coaches would break the door down for a chance to be head coach at North Texas???????

June Jones didn't leave his throne in Hawaii for a chance to hob knob in University Park coffee shops. He took Hawaii as far as that program could go.

Edited by Got5onIt

Legitimate Div1 school in a metroplex loaded with high school football talent AND a new stadium on the way???? Hell freakin' yes! How many coaches would break the door down for a chance to be head coach at North Texas???????

June Jones didn't leave his throne in Hawaii for a chance to hob knob in University Park coffee shops. He took Hawaii as far as that program could go.

J JOnes took a job at SMU for 2 mil....end of story.

Treads like this is the thing I dislike the most about this board, 4 games in and its back to doom and gloom...AnotherEagleFan i like your optimism and your half full approach

Truth is we are so far behind as far as the football program goes .....well, even when we finish building this undersized stadium.....too small, no deck, cheap exterior, etc...we will be behind....most schools have already upgraded 2 plus times....even SWTS has started construction on their stadium tower and we haven't even broken ground...Tx Tech....upgraded two times alread...etc. Our competition is teams 20-50, not the teams 100-119...where we are always focused...perhaps because we find ourselves at 115 to 119 so often.

Having followed UNT for 35 years I have never seen a team with so much talent do so poorly....guys, we have talent on this team. Even when UNT was winning the Sunbelt with DD we still couldn't seem to win out ot conference play....but without resources...money, fans, stadium, etc....what do you expect I guess.....well things are changing, but it just doesn't seem to me that TD is getting us where we need to be....it just doesn't, but I wish it did.

My heart goes out to all of these players....they have spirit....God bless them all.

Relax boys. We were beaten by a better team tonight, plain and simple. They dominated the line of scrimmage and when you do that, you're going to win. We are better than last year, but we're not there yet. I predect MTSU will win the conference.

Also, Riley may, or may not, be the real deal. But he is still a freshman who is playing hurt. He shows a lot of courage and is trying to win. It's just too hard to come back after spotting a team 23 points in the first half.

not a chance , 2 max

Hate to say it, but I also think 2 more wins max. Regardless of talent, this team still makes so many mistakes on all sides of the ball that they really can only beat another bad team. So many turnovers, missed assignments on defense, and a blocked FG to start the game? I do love the fact that our team fought back and tried to make it a game, but we were out of this one by half time because of so many mistakes, and I just don't see that changing.

Guest JohnDenver

I agree with AEF. I don't see why we can't win 5 of the next 8. Depends on which team shows up. Is it the first half Ohio team? Or the second half MTSU? Or the first half BSU? If they put a full game together, keep the defense off the field, and stop committing penalties (ahem, #44).. why not?

This team has a lot of talent and speed now. They need to put it all together and start trusting in each other. They need to hang in there and stick together. Don't let losing be a locker room virus.

I thought, as fans, we were too high after the Ball State game, and are now too low. The "too high" attitude going into the Ohio game showed by people on this board posting as if assuming we would beat Ohio, who barely lost to a UConn team that has looked real good at times. I think we had the talent to win this game tonight. Of course, Middle had already shown itself a good team, and has had our number for the last three games in the series. Could we have done better at game planning or play calling during this game? I think so. Still, I would like for us as fans to QUIT ASSUMING THAT WE WON'T WIN. Yeah, let's also forgot about assuming that we will win. Honestly, there's no team remaining on our schedule that we can't compete with. Can I sit here and think about a realistic won-loss record against our remaining eight opponents? No, but I'll keep showing up, cheering the team, cussing some coaches and refs, and hoping for the best.

I would like for us as fans to QUIT ASSUMING THAT WE WON'T WIN.

In our school's last 50 games we have won 8 games. That's 8 whole games out of 50. That's a .160 winning %.

It's not really ASSUMING that we are going to lose , it's just pretty much knowing we are going to lose.

In our school's last 50 games we have won 8 games. That's 8 whole games out of 50. That's a .160 winning %.

It's not really ASSUMING that we are going to lose , it's just pretty much knowing we are going to lose.

If you were successful 16% of the time on your job would the boss keep you around waiting for a different result? It will take at least $800K to get a decent D-1 assistant coach rising star, you get what your $250K bought----- an overrated coach and son who are "here to turn this program around" That I will agree has been done, it's in the biggest downward spiral in decades, they've turned it around alright--everyone assume crash positions.

If you would have said at the begining of the year that we would start 1-3, I think most of us would have taken that with enthusiasm.

I sure as hell wouldn't have taken a 1-3 start "with enthusiasm."

Our team is better than last year, but that is saying very little. A 30-7 halftime deficit at home to a team like Middle Tennessee is inexcusable.