Ark State And Troy

houstonmeangreen

watching them play today , I say if we can beat MTSU, big if....we can win the sunbelt....that simple.

That is the beauty of the Belt. If you get hot, you can win the conference. I would be shocked if we did because of our youth. 2010 is when I really expect us to jump back to the top of the league.

That is the beauty of the Belt. If you get hot, you can win the conference. I would be shocked if we did because of our youth. 2010 is when I really expect us to jump back to the top of the league.

I hope that you are correct. I was never a Dodge fan but he is NOT this bad of a coach. This is telling as to the shape the program was in prior to his arrival.

3 recruiting classes later and we are still blaming Dickey and Crew, wow. Just wow.

No! not blaming Dickey and Crew. More of a corporate blame (which includes you if you are a fan). Just Kidding!!!! I am not blaming you. Let me clear one thing up though. I did not support the hire of Dodge. HS to College usually does not translate well when speaking of head coaches. However, I do not think that you have the success at the HS level (Especially 5A TEXAS which is the equivalent of JUCO) and not have ANY success in the sunbelt unless the wheels had already totally fallen off. I predict a better year this year in conference play then last year though this is not a good start.

No! not blaming Dickey and Crew. More of a corporate blame (which includes you if you are a fan). Just Kidding!!!! I am not blaming you. Let me clear one thing up though. I did not support the hire of Dodge. HS to College usually does not translate well when speaking of head coaches. However, I do not think that you have the success at the HS level (Especially 5A TEXAS which is the equivalent of JUCO) and not have ANY success in the sunbelt unless the wheels had already totally fallen off. I predict a better year this year in conference play then last year though this is not a good start.

Stopped reading your post when I read this ridiculous line. JUCO similar to Texas 5A???? Most of JUCO schools are talents pools with many D1 non qualifiers. Yes there is an occasional non D1 player who guts it out for the love of the game, but the talent level surpasses D3 & D2 easily. And if you think D2 & D3 are below 5A football, you've been playing too much PS3 football...

Texas 5A football, you might have 1 or 2 kids during the whole game who are worthy of a D1 scholarship....

Edited by Got5onIt

No idea whether we can win them all, or none. We had chances in this game to come back and win. We turned it over (basically 3 times as the last 2 were in extreme comeback mode) too much...but the backbreaker came on the series where the MTSU WR clearly has a catch (he had time to tuck the ball and hop on one leg with a guy hanging on the other) and fumble (that we recover), then we force another fumble by the QB that we don't recover + Tobe gets a 15 yd unsportsmanlike. MTSU scored within a play or two of that. Outside of that crazy series our defense completely shut down MTSU in the second half....those 2 plays were plays where we MADE big plays but just couldn't totally capitalize. Sometimes you just don't get the breaks.

I think our defense will have us in every game from here on out if they just don't get their heads down.

Stopped reading your post when I read this ridiculous line. JUCO similar to Texas 5A???? Most of JUCO schools are talents pools with many D1 non qualifiers. Yes there is an occasional non D1 player who guts it out for the love of the game, but the talent level surpasses D3 & D2 easily. And if you think D2 & D3 are below 5A football, you've been playing too much PS3 football...

Texas 5A football, you might have 1 or 2 kids during the whole game who are worthy of a D1 scholarship....

If you really do not think that some of Dodge's success from Southlake would not transfer to the Sunbelt then there really is no need to discuss your opinion of JUCO players and 5A players. But again I was strongly against this "people choice" candidate. But for what UNT needs and for what is best for this program I just do not see getting rid of him... yet. Focus should be else where.