J-mo

H-towngreen

J-Mo is working at my old bar and he works both the door and behind the bar. I don't know if this is his case - but it is not uncommon for athletes to take on part time jobs while they are still trying to train and catch on somewhere. He is a hard worker and well thought of according to the guy I passed the bar on to. When we escaped the rain game a couple of weeks ago - there he was, and just about every TV in there was on the NT game. I imagine that he is like most ex-football players - hoping to get a shot somewhere still and if not - what the heck am I gonna do with my life type of stuff (again, a guess - I didn't ask him). I had more than a few of those work for me between the two places over the years. He will be fine - he is a young guy and is having a little fun. I spent 8 year there and turned out just fine :) Go by and say hi after the game, I would bet he will be there.

Guest JohnDenver

Please let me clarify...my admiration for Jamario has never been based solely on his performance as a running back, but also because he seemed like such a great guy. I wish him only the best in life.

I concur. I am not disappointed in the man for living and working in Denton. I am sure his aspirations for himself are hirer than anything I could want for him. At his age, I was still in Denton, working and living the nice life on Fry St. He will figure out what he wants and how to get it. If he ends up loving what he does now, then I am happy with that.

When I went to the Arkansas/UNT game a couple years back, we ran into a former OL from the Simmon era, working the door. He said he loved it. How can I judge?

If I live to be a million, I'll never forget the 40 or so yard run by this freshman with an unusual name. The Colorado fans were silent. The North Texas fans went wild. JaMario was the talk of the bar at the Bolderado Hotel after the game.

Many of you will remember trying to get the Green Brigade to learn the "Super Mario" theme song. My son even set up a "SM" desk top for me so I could listen to the song whenever.

GO JaMario

GO MEAN GREEN

Every time I see a ridiculous Adrian Peterson highlight it gives me such crazy head to think that AP was far and away the 2nd best running back in college football. Damn you Dickey/hamstring injuries.

I don't know if you were kidding - but running the ball into a wall 35-40 times a game will beat you up and possibly shorten a career, grrr.