Were There Any Positives Against Bama?

OldTimer

Considering we were playing the # 4 team in the nation I am trying to look for any positives in yesterdays game.

1. time of possession...29.17 for NT vs 30.43 for Bama...

2. the 77 yard kickoff return by Ira Smith...(Yes I know there was a penalty on the return blocking in the back...which cost yardage)

3. NT did not throw an interception

4. NT did have one long drive for a TD

5. There are no more Bama's on our schedule this year

6. Kyle White turned in a good game...another DT that can hit.

7. Dunbar had 2 receptions for 40 yds, Outlaw 2 for 34 yds, Carey is turning into a solid receiver with 5 receptions for 34 yds to go with next year with transfer WR Tyler Stradford,

8. NT had only 1 fumble and didn't have a turnover...NT caused 4 Bama fumbles and lost the ball on one..we won turnover battle.

9. Tobe Nwigwe and Craig Roberson had good defensive plays.

10. Atterbery had some good punts...42 yd average.

I long for the time NT doesn't play body bag games for the money.

Considering we were playing the # 4 team in the nation I am trying to look for any positives in yesterdays game.

2. the 77 yard kickoff return by Ira Smith...(Yes I know there was a penalty on the return blocking in the back...which cost yardage)

7. Dunbar had 2 receptions for 40 yds, Outlaw 2 for 34 yds, Carey is turning into a solid receiver with 5 receptions for 34 yds to go with next year with transfer WR Tyler Stradford,

8. NT had only 1 fumble and didn't have a turnover...NT caused 4 Bama fumbles and lost the ball on one..we won turnover battle.

11. Injury free as far as I know.

12. Pass protection could have been worse, but I didn't see as much of it as I would have liked.

13. Don't recall many dropped passes.

14. The first play from scrimmage in the game.

15. The rain stayed away (although it may have helped more than hurt).

I don't want to imagine the score if we had turned it over and not matched them in time of possession.

12. Pass protection could have been worse, but I didn't see as much of it as I would have liked.

I don't want to imagine the score if we had turned it over and not matched them in time of possession.

16. I had an excuse to pop the cork before noon.

17. My new Mitsubishi TV.

18. The nachos.

19. The barbeque.

20. I had an excuse to pop the cork before noon.

Hurray 11.

1. Insert this chart from Meangreensports.com for a better understanding of the TOP battle:

NT 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 1st 2nd

Qtr Qtr Qtr Qtr Half Half Total

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time of possession 06:13 07:17 07:58 07:49 13:30 15:47 29:17

3rd Down Conversions 1/3 1/4 1/4 1/3 2/7 2/7 4/14

Avg Field Position N29 N13 N20 N17 N22 N19 N20

4th Down Conversions 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/1 0/0 0/1 0/1

UA 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 1st 2nd

Qtr Qtr Qtr Qtr Half Half Total

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time of possession 08:47 07:43 07:02 07:11 16:30 14:13 30:43

3rd Down Conversions 4/4 2/3 2/3 2/4 6/7 4/7 10/14

Avg Field Position A28 A31 N41 A45 A29 N46 A42

4th Down Conversions 0/0 0/0 0/0 1/1 0/0 1/1 1/1

2. Penalty still brought it back

3. Many are upset that we didn't call the plays that would've led to an interception

4. Thankfully. I'm glad we were not shutout.

5. Amen.

6. Time will tell but I hope you're right.

7. Don't forget transfer William Cole either.

8. That's what happens when you play superconservative football, you trade big play potential for less turnover potential.

9. I can't believe Craig missed an open field tackle and on one score on a screen they chased the Bama back to the corner and let him waltz in without even a dive or an attempt to push him out of bounds. They did not play up to their ability, I was hoping the two of them would put in 2 full quarters as this is the game film from this year that will weigh most in the NFL scouts minds.

10. Atterberry is the best true freshman punter I have seen in quite some time. Truman was good but he wasn't as good as Atterberry at getting the ball to die inside the 10. Maybe he just didn't have as many chances, who knows.

"Bodybag" games are necessary until our program can fund itself on home attendance alone, we are quite a ways from that still.

Edited by Cr1028

$900.000.00

I can't believe that it took 17 posts to get to the best positive of the Bama game--The better questions would be what will we spend $900k on?

1.Coaching/ AD Salaries

2.Title IX sports

3. non-revenue sports

4. equipment

5.maintenance

I just want to personally thank the taxpayers of Alabama for making donations to their university who then gave $900K to a university in Texas!!

I just want to personally thank the taxpayers of Alabama for making donations to their university who then gave $900K to a university in Texas!!

Socialized athletics!! What next, socialized education???? Medicine will be soon to follow if we don't watch it.