SE....funny you mention that. When I was there everyone knew where Dallas was. Usually they would say that they were big fans of the TV show Dallas. I also told them I really like Dirk Nowinski (sp) of the Mavs. Everyone thought that was great. They have pictures of Dirk all over the place including gas stations...some of them life sized. Really a great bunch of people to talk to and hang with. No matter where the conversation starts it always seemed it ended up in some sort of political discussion.

Octoberfest in Munich was the best vaction ever. Clean city. Easy to get around. Beautiful women especially the ones nude sun bathing in the English Garden. Beer is cheap and delicious.

Well, it is over and now at 630AM in Praha I am sitting at a computer in the airport drinking a beer so I could get internet access for free. i love this country. The computer thinks that I am spelling everyting wrong, and I probably am. The weekend went fanatastic. It was a freaking family reunion out at the cottage. The only person not there was the GF. Lots of food, lots of beer, home made liquor that tasted like feet and walnuts but is very potent... Good times were had. We bonded a bit by cutting wood with a chainsaw in preperation for winter. We drank a bit and talked about all sorts of things. There was only one person there who spoke any english at all so my Czech was tested, and I failed. But fortunately the phone has a handy translator that works with the internet so I was saved a bit.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I think I may have a new family over here and that is a ice feeling. I like these people and this place. One of the things that I like the most thaough is you get to drive 150 kph, 95is mph, on the highway and no one says anything. Just driving 100kph, 60 mph feels good because you are going tripple digits in speed. Psycological I suppose.

All of my nerves were for nothing I guess. They all were so happy to meet me and they missed the gf so mch that I could have done anything and they would not have minded. But all in all they had a great time and so did I . Thanks again.

And by the way, they have a huge "sin tax" over here. Everything is taxed heavily from gas to ciggarettes to liquor. Just not beer because it is important to Czech Culture. Even the non alcohoic beer tastes good here.....

Now to catch a flight

When one communicates in the written form, without the ability to use body language or tone, one often used visual indicators to express intent. For example, you underline the words sin tax, which is a visual cue that implies your feelings about them. Furthermore, you put the phrase moral conservatives in quotes, which implies that you hold that term or those people in some form of contempt. I wasn't objecting to your use of either phrase (or in fact objecting at all). Instead, I was pointing out that you indicated bias through your visual cues. You showed outrage at how people responded to the visual cues that you created. One often inidcates passion on a message board (or in other written forms) by the use of punctuation. In your case, the use of multiple punctuation marks seems to be your preference.

If you are unaware that you are communicating bias with your style of writing, then perhaps you might review your previous posts and objectively evaluate how others could be extrating bias. If you are aware that you are communicating bias, then your outrage at the accusations are disinigenuous.

--I suppose You have a point the way I underlined it but I just think the term Sin Tax is a funny term... and it is a commonly used term , not one I made up... [ gasoline tax in not considered part of that.. ] What outrage...?? I don't care how much tax is on tobacco... I and no one in my family, smokes, chews or dips... as for alcohol... I have beer with pizza and Mexican food and a few other times. Except for those who don't drinkat all, I am likely in the lower 20% of consumers. There is no outrage... just pointed out why beer is more expensive here. I do think the "can't carry the wine bottle out" law in Texas is stupid.... As for me it has been years since I have bought more than one glass anyway . I just think it increases the drunkenness on the roads. I see others in restaurants drink it all up and some don't seem exactly sober when they leave. You are just seeing something that just doesn't exist. I can't believe all this took place or people took it to be political especially liberal ...

---As for being accused of presenting liberal ideas... I really don't get it.... What is liberal about anything I said. ..Maybe allowing people to have a beer??

--I notice you are the one that said you didn't care about other people's opinions... interesting... because you keep answering about what others say.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1

I do think the "can't carry the wine bottle out" law in Texas is stupid.

You might not like it but you have to obey it. It is what it is: the law.

Why would anyone want to take an open bottle of anything home with them they bought with their meal? If pulled over for any reason by the police, I just don't see being able to provide a good defense while having an opened bottle of wine you bought at the restaurant in your car ... I can just picture this happening: While the officer eyes an almost empty bottle of wine, you try to explain yourself. "Really, I only had one glass."

While I'm no legal expert, I suspect an opened bottle of wine may get you into some trouble under the Open Container law that Texas has anyways.