Heartbreaker

ForneyGreen

Yes, we lost a heartbreaker and sustained a couple of key injuries that hopefully are not long-lasting.

But... I'm still very proud of this team! They got smacked in chin, lost a lead, and came back to almost win the game against a pretty good bunch from Ohio. This is a much different team that we've seen the past few years that would likely have folded in the same situation.

We did make some key mistakes, but let's be honest - Ohio also made some key mistakes that helped keep the game tight. They missed a wide-open receiver in the South end zone (most QB's won't miss that pass) - and they set us up with that last TD in the 2nd overtime with a really bad personal foul penalty.

They had some skill players that came through in the 2nd half. I'm 50/50 on that Tune interception - probably shouldn't throw that ball, but the defender made a heck of a jump on the pass. Tune's remaining passes looked really sharp.

Mostly, I hope we get healthy before the MTSU game - and that the weather cooperates!!!

Just got back from the game and I am just sick over it. We had so many chances to win, but could not deliver when it counted.

I never thought that Ohio would make that 4th and 15. And then, they had the guts to go for 2 (great call by Solich at the time).

Lots of good things to be proud of. But, I sure don't feel like talking about them right now :(

Kudos to all the fans that made the game in the rain, especially the students. That was about 3x the number of people that I was expecting, given the fact that it has been raining all day. It is obvious the students are behind the team right now. I wish the team could have delivered the win for them.

I am proud of the team, but really upset at the loss.

Just got back from the game and I am just sick over it. We had so many chances to win, but could not deliver when it counted.

I never thought that Ohio would make that 4th and 15. And then, they had the guts to go for 2 (great call by Solich at the time).

Lots of good things to be proud of. But, I sure don't feel like talking about them right now :(

Kudos to all the fans that made the game in the rain, especially the students. That was about 3x the number of people that I was expecting, given the fact that it has been raining all day. It is obvious the students are behind the team right now. I wish the team could have delivered the win for them.

I am proud of the team, but really upset at the loss.

What was up with the officials allowing them to reverse the penalty that they declined...never had seen that before.

There was something fishy about that late penalty and I saw all of the refs and some unt officials talking after the game....

I am really bummed out, great game, great football weather, come on you got to admit the rain provided for a great backdrop, but we had sooooooooo many chances at the one yard line and failed....

Should have gone for the TD, it was inside the one.... Qb sneak baby... damn... sad.

I was damn proud of our team, competitive to the end in a nasty wet game.

Games like this are always a little sloppy, we had our chances, I wish we had won. But I am happy to see where our team is now such a big difference from last year.

i am a bag of mixed emotions right now haha! on one hand, i am absolutely astonished by the amount of improvement that we have seen from one season to the next. our kids are competing out there and they are playing with some fire. if you would have told me three weeks ago that i would be upset after us starting the season 1-1, i would have thought you were crazy for telling me we were going to win one of the first 2 games. however, how can you not take a look at this game and not be worried about some things. there were so many opportunities. Ohio did nothing short of give us the game and we just did not take advantage of it. i think if you don't score inside the 5 every once in a while, you are frustrated but fella's, when you have been inside the 5 yard line, 3 different times in 2 games and only come away with 1 field goal... i think it is safe to say that we have a play calling problem inside the 5. we will only get better though and here's to hoping for a 8 win season.

oh and by the way because it hasn't been mentioned.... i would like to have another look at that "non-safety" in the first half....

I was damn proud of our team, competitive to the end in a nasty wet game.

Games like this are always a little sloppy, we had our chances, I wish we had won. But I am happy to see where our team is now such a big difference from last year.

Definitely - most of us would have given our left nut to see our team 1-1 at this point - and competitive in every game.

One of Dodge's main things to figure out at this point is how to not leave so many points on the field when we are

5 yards or less from the end zone. This has happened too many times in our first 2 games - but should be a problem that can be solved (maybe some tight end formations with a TE coming across the goal line on a QB sprint out?).

Hoping for good news tomorrow with Riley and Kelvin Jackson.

While yes I would have rather of had the W at the end of the day, I'm not devestated by this loss. Should we have won, I think so. But we are a young team, and a team that has not won very many games at all recently. This team is going to have to find a way to win games. It's part of building a team identity. Being able to come up with the diving catch in the endzone in the last seconds. Not giving up a last second TD on 4th and goal from the 15. It will come with time....hopefully. One thing is for sure, we have to find a way to put the ball in the endzone. It seems the last few years we had our drives stall out around the 20-30 yd line. Now we're stalling out inside the opponets 10. Improvement....I guess. But we have to find a way to finish these drives off. All in all though you have to be impressed with this team.

Yes, we lost a heartbreaker and sustained a couple of key injuries that hopefully are not long-lasting.

But... I'm still very proud of this team! They got smacked in chin, lost a lead, and came back to almost win the game against a pretty good bunch from Ohio. This is a much different team that we've seen the past few years that would likely have folded in the same situation.

We did make some key mistakes, but let's be honest - Ohio also made some key mistakes that helped keep the game tight. They missed a wide-open receiver in the South end zone (most QB's won't miss that pass) - and they set us up with that last TD in the 2nd overtime with a really bad personal foul penalty.

They had some skill players that came through in the 2nd half. I'm 50/50 on that Tune interception - probably shouldn't throw that ball, but the defender made a heck of a jump on the pass. Tune's remaining passes looked really sharp.

Mostly, I hope we get healthy before the MTSU game - and that the weather cooperates!!!

I think they looked pretty good. The two dropped passes to Outlaw IMO really killed us and the INT definitely didn't help.

Thanks again for the tickets! We made plenty of noise for you!

I think Dodge should have kicked the field goal in the second quarter. But when they went for it, they did line up under center to punch it in. It was what we have been asking for, but bad luck that we fumbled it. Dodge can't control Outlaw's hands. Either catch completed wins us the game.

I thought the same thing, but only hindsight reveals how huge 3 points would have been. Also; our kicking isn't perfect, and nothing can be certain under those conditions.

I bet the coaches are putting some thought into getting more points out of good field position.

i am a bag of mixed emotions right now haha! on one hand, i am absolutely astonished by the amount of improvement that we have seen from one season to the next. our kids are competing out there and they are playing with some fire. if you would have told me three weeks ago that i would be upset after us starting the season 1-1, i would have thought you were crazy for telling me we were going to win one of the first 2 games. however, how can you not take a look at this game and not be worried about some things. there were so many opportunities. Ohio did nothing short of give us the game and we just did not take advantage of it. i think if you don't score inside the 5 every once in a while, you are frustrated but fella's, when you have been inside the 5 yard line, 3 different times in 2 games and only come away with 1 field goal... i think it is safe to say that we have a play calling problem inside the 5. we will only get better though and here's to hoping for a 8 win season.

oh and by the way because it hasn't been mentioned.... i would like to have another look at that "non-safety" in the first half....

play calling had nothing to do with the flat throw by riley or the muffed snap, but some of the play calls last night were questionable.

and the the "non-safety" was definitely a blown call, i watched it today.

Very strange play calling. Went for it early and fumble, but then late in the game went for the tie not the win. It seems to me the odds would have been much better to go for a fourth and less than a yard than gong for a field goal with the weather as a factor than having to depend on your second team QB with a very shaky start and seemingly a big disadvantage in the kicking game to win in overtime. As it turned out, Tune performed great and the kicking game did not hurt NT and the decision looked less suspect. It took a miracle play on the part of Ohio and a very gutsy call to go for the two point conversion to beat NT.