Nobody's Laughing Now

Smitty

Guest JohnDenver

lol think I am going to have to as well.

I put it as my facebook status right before kickoff. I had 15 comments about its genius when I logged in after the game.

It may be a game time ritual. Bravo.

Really exciting win. The team, especially defense, looked great! And that Riley is something else. He looked like fairly polished junior or senior QB... it is easy to forget that this was his first gave EVER in the D1 football.... if he can stay healthy, he is going to be one of the best QBs we have ever had...

Last, I don't mean this to be a shot Vizza... I liked Vizza's tough nosed play and he is a good QB; however, with Riley you can really see the speed difference in all aspects of the game... Riley distributes the ball quicker, runs faster, quicker decisions, etc...

Really exciting win. The team, especially defense, looked great! And that Riley is something else. He looked like fairly polished junior or senior QB... it is easy to forget that this was his first gave EVER in the D1 football.... if he can stay healthy, he is going to be one of the best QBs we have ever had...

Last, I don't mean this to be a shot Vizza... I liked Vizza's tough nosed play and he is a good QB; however, with Riley you can really see the speed difference in all aspects of the game... Riley distributes the ball quicker, runs faster, quicker decisions, etc...

Hate to burst your bubble, but he did play in a couple of games last year at WR. :shuriken:

I agree with you 100%. Riley's skill in this offense is very apparent. His comfort level is beyond what I expected.

My cousin, a UT alum, sent me a text last night after the game saying Todd Dodge is prepping himself to take over UT. <_<:lol:

Hate to burst your bubble, but he did play in a couple of games last year at WR. :shuriken:

I agree with you 100%. Riley's skill in this offense is very apparent. His comfort level is beyond what I expected.

My cousin, a UT alum, sent me a text last night after the game saying Todd Dodge is prepping himself to take over UT. <_<:lol:

I thought that was at WR.... does my memory fail me?

WOW! Simply WOW! What a great night it was watching the Mean Green with other members of the Mean Green Nation at Fox & Hounds in Lewisville. Thanks to the Alumni Assoc. for setting up these watching parties around the metroplex and in Austin/Houston, etc. Nice crowd...exciting and energetic crowd. Simply great.

DO YOU BELIEVE NOW???? It was great watching that Riley kid QB lead the Mean Green to Victory...anyone else think that Todd will get an earful from Mrs. TD after the game for yelling at Riley on the sidelines??? Ha! You go Dad!

You know that Riley kid who is "too small", "too slow", "too frail", "too inexperienced" QB'ing for his dad who "can't coach", "runs a HS program", "can't", can't", "can't"...oh, man, it was great to watch...DO YOU BELIEVE NOW????

To pick it up after Ball State tied the score and march town for the go-ahead score says more than anything else about this team other than maybe the vastly improved defensive effort we saw. Yep, I agree with some of the areas mentioned that need some "looking into" and "working on", but, WOW, what a difference a year makes. Anyone now think this team has not had a "change of attitude" and is not "together" as a team?

SO...now all, no excuses...go get those season tickets and let's fill Fouts field!!!!! What's stopping you now?

WOW...WOW....WOW! 20-10! SUPER win...SUPER...I am still hoarse from all the cheering last night...WOW! In the immortal words of James Brown, "I Feel Good"!

GO MEAN GREEN! DO YOU BELIEVE NOW! Bandwagon has some seats left...it's a great time jump on...and you are very welcome to do so! WOW!

WOW! Simply WOW! What a great night it was watching the Mean Green with other members of the Mean Green Nation at Fox & Hounds in Lewisville. Thanks to the Alumni Assoc. for setting up these watching parties around the metroplex and in Austin/Houston, etc. Nice crowd...exciting and energetic crowd. Simply great.

DO YOU BELIEVE NOW???? It was great watching that Riley kid QB lead the Mean Green to Victory...anyone else think that Todd will get an earful from Mrs. TD after the game for yelling at Riley on the sidelines??? Ha! You go Dad!

You know that Riley kid who is "too small", "too slow", "too frail", "too inexperienced" QB'ing for his dad who "can't coach", "runs a HS program", "can't", can't", "can't"...oh, man, it was great to watch...DO YOU BELIEVE NOW????

To pick it up after Ball State tied the score and march town for the go-ahead score says more than anything else about this team other than maybe the vastly improved defensive effort we saw. Yep, I agree with some of the areas mentioned that need some "looking into" and "working on", but, WOW, what a difference a year makes. Anyone now think this team has not had a "change of attitude" and is not "together" as a team?

SO...now all, no excuses...go get those season tickets and let's fill Fouts field!!!!! What's stopping you now?

WOW...WOW....WOW! 20-10! SUPER win...SUPER...I am still hoarse from all the cheering last night...WOW! In the immortal words of James Brown, "I Feel Good"!

GO MEAN GREEN! DO YOU BELIEVE NOW! Bandwagon has some seats left...it's a great time jump on...and you are very welcome to do so! WOW!

Kram, you know I have to come in and shoot you down a bit. :lol: It was a great win, no doubt. They way Riley runs, durability is definitely still a concern. Will he last an entire season playing that way? I don't want to imagine the difference in the offense if he goes out. Now that TD is showing some signs of success, can he capitalize?

Kram, you know I have to come in and shoot you down a bit. :lol:

But, of course, you do. What would tradition be if someone didn't? It's just odd that it is coming from you and not the "usual suspects". You must get up earlier. :lol:

Dare I allow myself a sliver of hope that I might see my first ever UNT victory next weekend? Dare I?

Honestly, yes....you should. In fact, I think you will see it. Besides we should have more food to eat next saturday since its our first tailgate in a year with the excitement that we will if nothing else, be in the game with a chance to win at the end. But I actually believe they will win 2 of their next 3 games.

GREAT WIN, ALMA MATER!

ALWAYS...Mean GREEN & PROUD OF IT!

Many have said a coach needs to start making it happen by Year 4 so just perhaps we're ahead of schedule? B)

Howdy Fellow alums & MG fans, my weekends stay pretty busy because of this venture www.soundworksdeejay.com--am trying to keep the NT/Army game weekend open, though:

PlummMeanGreen

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

GREAT WIN, ALMA MATER!

ALWAYS...Mean GREEN & PROUD OF IT!

Many have said a coach needs to start making it happen by Year 4 so just perhaps we're ahead of schedule? B)

Howdy Fellow alums & MG fans, my weekends stay pretty busy because of this venture www.soundworksdeejay.com--am trying to keep the NT/Army game weekend open, though:

PlummMeanGreen

Nice to see that the wheels are off again. Glad to see you back.