Accuscore.com Picks Ball State

GreenBat

Those that can do...those that can't get PAID to make predictions. Snore! Unless you are wired into your local bookie, do you really pay attention to what any of these guys have to say? Some can be fun reads, but seems have some sort of team or conference bias that they really do not want you to know about, but which come through loud and clear to most folks. Anyway....I'd love to get paid to do that sort of thing and not have anyone take me serious either. Pretty much like at home with the bride.

GO MEAN GREEN!

That's about what I would predict the score being, anyways. The Rice game broke me. This one is also on the road against a decent, confident opponent and we are unproven in almost every aspect...

Of course, it doesn't matter much to me... I'll still be watching the game, dressed in green, full of baseless optimism, ready to fight anyone that mocks my alma mater.

That's about what I would predict the score being, anyways. The Rice game broke me. This one is also on the road against a decent, confident opponent and we are unproven in almost every aspect...

Of course, it doesn't matter much to me... I'll still be watching the game, dressed in green, full of baseless optimism, ready to fight anyone that mocks my alma mater.

Post of the year! :D

Let's see - our young QB and WRs and unproven DEF against their young QB with more experienced WRs and slightly more proven DEF.

Until UNT provides proof - we will be the underdog.

I thought they lost 3 of 4 receivers (although I think they do have a big time player back)? I do think we should be the underdog in this game, until the defense proves something we will always be the underdog (except against WKU).

At the peak of my excitement that sports were about to kick up again and feverish euphoria over the current Mean Green team and Riley Dodge, I recently posted a revised win/loss record of 8-4! or maybe it was 10-2? And I may have even crowned the Mean Green as the SBC Champions?? :huh: Either way, Mean Green better win this game!!

Edited by chrisfisher

Before anyone attacks me, know that I WANT us to win.

With that said, this team went 12-1 last season...we went 1-11. Yes, they lost their QB. Yes, they are breaking in new OL players. Yes, we have (on paper) more talent on defense...but let's not lose sight of the fact that, by in large, they bring back players who won 12 games last season and we bring back, you know the rest. Now, tell me how a 12-1 teams from the year before isn't a prohibitive favorite over a 1-11 team from the year before.

I thought they lost 3 of 4 receivers (although I think they do have a big time player back)? I do think we should be the underdog in this game, until the defense proves something we will always be the underdog (except against WKU).

I believe you are correct. They have one WR (Orbson) that had 800+ yards receiving last year. The returning receivers from last year looks like this:

RECEIVING YARDS

North Texas

Alex Lott...............201

Kevin Dickerson...182

C. Montgomery......118

Sam Roberson.........76

BSU

Briggs Orbson.......813

MiQuale Lewis......325

Madaris Grant.......285

Daniel Ifft..............259

Those that can do...those that can't get PAID to make predictions. Snore! Unless you are wired into your local bookie, do you really pay attention to what any of these guys have to say? Some can be fun reads, but seems have some sort of team or conference bias that they really do not want you to know about, but which come through loud and clear to most folks. Anyway....I'd love to get paid to do that sort of thing and not have anyone take me serious either. Pretty much like at home with the bride.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Quoner...when do you start paying me royalties?????

Before anyone attacks me, know that I WANT us to win.

With that said, this team went 12-1 last season...we went 1-11. Yes, they lost their QB. Yes, they are breaking in new OL players. Yes, we have (on paper) more talent on defense...but let's not lose sight of the fact that, by in large, they bring back players who won 12 games last season and we bring back, you know the rest. Now, tell me how a 12-1 teams from the year before isn't a prohibitive favorite over a 1-11 team from the year before.

This is my thought exactly--I want us to win always, but this is probably a lot to ask for this bunch right now. When SBC play gets around, we will get some teams that we need to compete with to rise in the standings, such as ULM, ULL, and FIU, and , in OOC, Army. Those are the 4 games that I think we can win. Ball State may have lost a lot of production from last year, but I suspect that the new talent BSU has and being at home will lead to a 42-20 win. We just have that far to go to get to where we can win a game like this, especially on the road, IMO.