Who Are You?

The AFLAC Duck

Name: Caleb Simpson

Live: Denton TX (all my life)

Graduated: Denton HS 98 & UNT December 2003 with BBA in Marketing

Employment: Unemployed right now but hopefully will be working in the Parks and Rec. department for Denton soon.

Stuff: Photography is cool, web design is cool!, the Mean Green football team rocks and I attend Christ Presbyterian Church in Flower Mound

I was also a founder and officer of Beta Upsilon Chi fraternity who have become quit the Mean Green supporters these past few years.

A pic of me

user posted image

My name is John. As my handle says, I graduated from UNTin 88 with a degree in Psychology. My wife also got a degree from UNT-English in 92. I too was from the little town of Callisburg --someone else said they were from Callisburg!

I work at Paris Junior College in Paris, TX. I get to look at this board in between serving students. I am a counselor for the Educational Opportunity Center on campus which helps adults come back to school. Many of them are working on their GEDs and need help and guidance every step of the way.

I also am a part-time pastor in a Disciples of Christ church. I have 3 children. I have season tickets and I usually bring my son to the games. I haven't gotten my wife into it as much, but she supports my addiction- she does go to away games with me. She usually visits her family (who lives in Denton) while I go to the games at home.

While living in Denton as a student, I managed a set of apartments on Fry Street and lived there as well. That was an experience!

I got hooked on the Mean Green my senior year in IAA ball. I went to every game including the Texas game in Austin in 88 which is probably the single most famous game in our IAA history. Been hooked ever since.

Hello, I'm Charlie Muzzy my son, Zach Muzzy, just signed with the MeanGreen and we are excited as we can be to part of what is sure to be a winning tradition being established at UNT. I really enjoyed our trip to the campus and the football banquet. My wife, Dolores, and I both are self employed and will be attended all the home games and many of the away games. Zach's Godfather lives in Norman right next to the stadium so that should be the tailgate from hell. It really makes me feel good about Zach's decision to play ball at UNT when I see all the students and alums on this board bleeding green.

My name is Greg Hinckley. I graduated Dec 2000 with a History Degree. My wife also graduated from NT in August 2001 with a degree in Elementary Education. We met thru my Fraternity, Delta Sigma Phi, she was a little-sis. We married in the summer of 2000 and live in Big D Dallas(as opposed to Little D Denton) and just had our first child this past September. We both work for Merrill Lynch. She's in the Estate Planning side of the business, while I work with a team of Financial Advisors. (Yeah.....could have picked a better time to get into the industry).

I'm a BIG fan of the Mean Green, and make as many of the games as I can.

Can't wait for football season to start, and I look forward to metting some of you at the games.

GMG!!!!

My name is Ricky McKinney and I AM NORTH TEXAS!. I was born and raised in Burleson TX. Graduated from NT with a BBA in Strategic Management in 1990. I pledged Talons in the spring of '88. I was fortunate to get to travel with the Basket Ball team to Salt Lake City for NT's first and only appearance in the BIG DANCE in March of '88 and I've been a Greenblood ever since.

I made most of the big games in that memorable '88 football season and it solidified my hunger for the Mean Green ever since. I was "Eppy" the mascot(now Scrappy) during basketball games after that year until I graduated. In 1990 I completed renovations on "Boomer", the artillery howitzer used at the football games. Through working on several projects for the athletic department for Talons I recieved my first job out of school working for Paramount Pictures performing as Rowdy the Armadillo mascot in the movie "Necessary Roughness". I also served as the liason between the wardrobe department and the AD dept which basically meant I was the equipment manager for the players and cast in the movie.

I'm married with one child and reside in Weatherford TX. Of the 7 towns and cities across this state that I have at one time or another called my home, I would choose Denton over them all and feel for anyone who has to live in or near Dallas. I am a firefighter for the City of Fort Worth and work at Station 14 on Meadowbrook Dr.

I am proud to be a part of this family called The Mean Green Nation. We are the true fans of this school and it's athletic program. We have been here during all the bad times and our patience are now being rewarded and it's only just begun. If your a new student or incoming student you couldn't have pick a more fun time to be attending school at this waking giant. Times have never been more exciting at North Texas than now.

My fellow Greenbackers started cooking for the masses to try to encourage others to tailgate and enjoy themselves and it has just snowballed from there. What started out as a very small group put together by Mean Rob Black and others back in '98 has now become almost a way of life during football season. Good grief have the times changed for the better?

We will be having a practice blowout cookout tailgate party on Saturday March 8th. I expect to see each and eveyone of you who can get to Fouts to be there.

Go Mean Green Nation on the Rise, Baby!!!!

Rick

• Upvote 1

My name is Lal (my real name, a family name), graduated in 1991 BBA Finance, founder of Sigma Chi Chapter at UNT (along with Lifer). Currently work for Legg Mason as an Associate Portfolio Manager, married with two boys 2 and 4. I live in Shreveport, La and make it back for 1 home game per year, can't wait to find time to make every game(with kids and extensive hours/travel w/job). I also listen on the net or watch on PPV,TV every single game. I have been following this board, although I do not post alot, for a long time and hope to meet Y'all the next home game I can attend.

I have known my good friend Lifer for quite a while, and that's about the only one in the MGN I know personally.

My wife, friends, co-workers get tired of of hearing about UNT!. If it's not LSU over here they don't even know it exists, but lately that is changing. I would say the 2 things I am most passionate about (outside of family and career) are Sigma Chi and UNT!

GMG!

Lal

Newbie here. My name is Todd, BS in Kinesiology, class of '91. I was also a student trainer for four years, working with the football, basketball and soccer teams. As my title suggests, I later graduated from the University of Florida where I worked as a graduate assistant trainer. I did notice some subtle differences between the two athetic departments! blink.gif

I currently live in Atlanta GA, so I am keeping up with my alma mater from a distance. Consequently, I don't make many games (Alabama in Tuscaloosa, the Tech game in 2001, probably MTSU on the next visit to the volunteer state).

The success we have had the last couple of years has really rekindled my love for the school and the program. Who knows, maybe someday UNT won't be the "other" football team I worked with! cool.gif

I only recently found this message board, so I don't expect to be a newbie for long!

P.S. Because of my absence, I missed out on the details of why we dropped the Eagles as our "Mascot" (yes, I know the Eagle is still our mascot, but only because you can't have a color running around in a suit). What's that all about?!? blink.gif

P.S.  Because of my absence, I missed out on the details of why we dropped the Eagles as our "Mascot" (yes, I know the Eagle is still our mascot, but only because you can't have a color running around in a suit).  What's that all about?!?  blink.gif

The Eagle is still our mascot, but our nickname is Mean Green. RV (New athletic director Rick Villareal) decided that there are several Eagles in college football, but only one Mean Green.

I notice one person older. I started at NTSC in the fall of 1960 and graduated in 1964. I was a Pi Kappa Alpha and big football and basketball fan. Whey wife and three of my four children attended NT. Last year I went to Austin and Fort Worth and this year plan on going to OU, AF, and Arkansas. Of course I will make my thired consecutive New Orleans Bowl. Some of these will be difficult as I will spend Friday nights watching my Ennis Lions try for their third state title in four years. Bdessides the NT games I can't wait until the Ennis/Denton Ryan rematch the second week of the season in Ennis. Last year it was at Fouts with about 20000 fans and our Ennis stadium only holds 10000.

I do have two wishes. When KNTU first came on the air I could get it easily down in Ellis County but now it is weak and impossible to get at night unless I sit in my car.

Secondly I would like to see more Ennis players recruited by UNT. They know how to win and are class acts as tesitified by Brad Kadlubar. Lawrence Svelak and Willie Cherry made strong contributions when they were there but that was awhile back.

Onward with the new stadium .

Randy Jones, Ennis, Texas

• 2 weeks later...

I am GreenEggs&Ham and I graduated from North Texas in '91 with a BS in Physics. I live with my wife and 3 year old son here in Bowling Green Kentucky, which is home to the GM Corvette assembly plant, Holley Carbuerator HQ, Froot of the Loom HQ and also where Fab laundry detergent and Science Diet dog food is made.

I have worked in the automotive industry, which is king in KY, for about seven years. I worked as a Test Engineer for Akebono Brake Industry and before that at Aisin. I quit working as an engineer at Christmas because of the stress and long hours involved and have started a new career in Sales.

Bowling Green is good but I miss Texas and especially NT Football. Since my wife is a native Texan I hope to eventually move back if you guys will allow me to legally immigrate.

I don't post often, but I read posts every day.

Jason

Grad 2001 - Geography and work for Denton County Elections.

MPA Program now Expect to Graduate Spring 04.

Also Captain of the UNT Bowling squad and former Asst. Women's Tennis Coach.

Will be getting Married in June to H.S. sweetheart who grad from Sam Houston, but is now at UNT working on Grad. Degree.

GO MEAN GREEN!!

Evan here, graduated in '97 with a BS in Hotel and Restaurant Management. I am a Supervisor in the International Department at UPS in Dallas. (I know it really matches my degree). I live in Frisco with my very understanding wife Desiree (Dez) and my 2 month old son Cullen. Dez was my High school sweetheart, but she went to that other school in Austin that wears Orange polyester, I forgave her. She is a CPA for an investment firm in Dallas.

Born and raised in Beeville Texas, (think South Texas). I was trying to decide on a college in '93 when a score popped up on ESPN at work and I saw a new choice getting pummeled by Nebraska. My boss at the time said " hey there is a school you should transfer to" I went for a visit, loved it, and moved to Denton. A good friend of mine worked as a trainer for the football team, so I got free tickets for all the away games. Some great road trips. I have been a fan ever since.

I can tell you that I got so involved because of two people.

Harry had put together a pretty good web site, and I was hooked ever since. What ever happened to Potty? If you understand, you have been here a while.

I met Mean Rob at the first Mean Green event back in 98? and then my interest turned to fanaticism.

Season ticket holder since 97 and a donor since.........don't get me started

biggrin.gif

Chris Latham

BFA in Communication Design (Graphic Design) Dec 2000

Talons Fall '97 Pledge Class

I'm from Waco, so I love to hate the Bears, even though my wife graduated there. Now I live in South Austin and LOVE it, except for all of these dang orange beef logos everywhere. The job market sucks so I had to get a job working for a college down here called t.u. I'm actually working doing something I went to school for and design print media and web sites plus make avatars on the side.

As soon as a transfered to UNT, I was deep into Talons, so I attended about 90% of the Football and Basketball games. I was also fortunate enough to work for UNT's Public Affairs Office and designed the Traditions Brochure before I graduated.

I've been to both N.O. Bowls and made it to the NMSU, UT, Nicolls, and ULM games. I still have never made it to a TCU game.

I also designed the "It's what's for dinner." T-shirts. It started out as a sign for my desk.

I love using my graphic abilities for North Texas and the MeanGreen when possible.

I do freelance work, so if you need something give me a hollar ya'll.

• 1 month later...

My name is Perry. I am a Marketing major at NT and hope to graduate next spring. I made all of the home games last season, and I attended the TCU game and the New Orleans Bowl (time of my life!). I joined the board back in December and have found my passion for the Mean Green growing more and more. This board is great for that, and I think all the students here should check it out.

My name is Erik and I am from Richardson. I came to UNT in the Fall of 1990. I pledged (and majored-not good for the GPA!) Talons that Fall which made my UNT experience so great. I was Eppy (now Scrappy) at several home and road basketball games that season and actually got in a fight with the NW State Blue Devil during a conference road game. I was there until the Fall of 1991. I took time off from school, joined the Navy (saw the world, saved money, GI Bill etc.) and returned to UNT in 1996 and graduated with a Bachleors degree in Recreation Management in 1998. I worked for the City of Frisco Parks and Recreation Departmet for a little over 4 years and I am now a Private Investigator.

I have been a football season ticket holder with GreenBat for several years for football. I have made numerous road trips over the years as a student and alum and went to the MTSU, TCU, and Arkansas State road games last year.

I have been posting on and off since the early days of Harry's board (mid-late 90's? - All I remember from the first board was a Lawnmover Ad at the top of the board that still sticks in my brain to this day.................whatever happened to Soylent Green?)