Who Are You?

The AFLAC Duck

My name is Lee Hughes. Graduated from NT three times (hence the screen name) -- BA English in 1987, MS Biology in 1994 and PhD Microbiology in 1998. Since they couldn't get rid of me, they had to hire me. I teach in the Biology department.

Football is my sport (though I've made a number of basketball games over the last two years). Made it to UT, TCU, all home games, and the New Orleans bowl this year. My two sons (2 and 5 years old) have been fully indoctrinated (my wife says brainwashed) into Mean Green fan life and love to go to all the games. I'm on my 2nd consecutive year as a football season ticket holder (I was a student for so long that I didn't need them until recently) and in my first year as a Mean Green Club member. Looking forward to buying my season tickets for next year soon and probably moving up a notch on the Mean Green Club levels.

My name is John, and I was born and raised in Denton. Graduated from Denton High in '88 and earned my BBA in Finance from UNT in '92. Returned to UNT in '94 to get an MBA which I completed in '96. While I was at UNT I was a member of the business frat. Delta Sigma Pi (any other current or former members on here?).

I worked for UNT for four and a half years, three years of which I was the Cash Manager and Special Asst. to the VP Finance. Fun, fun job! But the allure of a fatter paycheck from the corporate arena became too much to ignore and I finally moved a "little" south of Denton and bought a home in N. Carrollton and now work as an accountant in Irving for Michaels Stores, Inc.

Anyway, a growing interest in Mean Green athletics began for me during my freshman year in '88 when the team upset Tech and Rice and almost beat Texas. I still didn't attend a football game as a student until, what still remains for me, the greatest game at Fouts of all time - SMU vs NT in 1990. I got hooked and I've missed very few home games since that awesome night.

My father, and older brother and sister are graduates of UNT as well.

My name is Harry and I graduated from UNT with a BBA in Marketing Management in 1990. I followed the Mean Green back in my school days and fondly remember beating SMU at Fouts. Upon graduation I focused on getting a job and starting my career. In 1994 I rekindled my Mean Green following with my father and purchased season tickets. What an amazing season 1994 was! Not long after that time I found the internet and Lee Hughes' UNT Football web site which was one of the first of its kind. I was frustrated ex-jock and had an interest in the internet and computers so with Lee's support I started a Mean Green Football page of my own. It's hard to believe that was almost eight years ago. I can honestly say that some of my best friends in life have come from my association with UNT Athletics and this website.

I have worked in Employee Benefits Consulting for about 10-years. My wife Kim graduates from law school this May. We have two beautiful children, Megan (6) and Dru (4). My dad graduated from UNT with a BBA and MBA and currently serves as a member of the Advisory Board of The College of Business. My sister attended UNT as a Journalism major and was an A-Phi.

Name: Curtis

School Status: will graduate in Spring 2004 (Accounting)

School Organization: Alpha Phi Omega

Job: Lockbox Account Analyst/Adjuster with JPMorgan Chase

Avatar: will be changing shortly, lest anyone think I am a MTSU fan. Can't remember where I got the picture, I just remember thinking "MTSU !" when I saw it.

Games attended this past season : ULM, Idaho. Had to work a HS playoff game during NMSU game (DAMMIT !!!!), and some will recall that I spent a large portion of last year in Afghanistan (Kabul and a few other places). While there I posted North Texas stickers everywhere I could, about 50 or so.

Least favorite game: Idaho back in the mid-late 90's during a game-long driving rain. Anyone that stayed till the end of that one (no more than 200, tops) truly believes in the Mean Green.

Favorite Game : MTSU 2001 -where it all began. I actually told my APO buddy sitting next to me that the MTSU return guy was up WAY too close (just before THE Punt). biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Hi, I'm Bill Crone and I graduated from North Texas State College in January, 1960, so that puts me in the lead of the "Old Goat" competition to this point.

My work has required me to live in different parts of the country and I've been able to see our guys on visiting turf many times. I majored in History with minors in Government and Pyschology, so what field did I enter? Marketing, of course! I started in the automotive distribution field, then the computer hardware and software industries starting back in the main frame days to just a couple of years ago. I live in Modesto CA now and I'm retired so I get to travel to away games if they're within reasonable distance.

I've seen some great games with Abner Haynes, Joe Green, Steve Ramsey, et al over the years and I still get excited to see the Mean Green in action.

Our school will be growing into the "big time" regardless of Schmoo and other schools in the area. With the attendance numbers and potential attendance in a new stadium, there's nothing that can hold us back.

Believe it!!!!

Howdy. ParksAndRecRick is Rick Herold. BS'84 and MS'85 from UNT in Recreation Managment. Have been an Adjunct Professor at UNT and served a 6-year stint on the Recreation and Leisure Studies Advisory Committee. Started my career in The Colony and proudly served the citizens of Euless for 15 years with the last 12 years the Director of Parks and Community Services. Recently made the jump to Grand Prairie where I serve as Director of Parks and Recreation.

Extremely proud to be a member of the MeanGreenNationFamily and look forward to all the great games and times we share together. Currently, a Mean Green Club Member and serving my second year on the North Texas EXES Board of Directors.

Was honored to win the Spirit Award from the University in 2002.

Last year made all the home games as well as Texas, TCU, Arizona and the great road trip to MTSU.

Look forward to seeing ya'll at the Spring Game. And, if your in Grand Prairie come by and say hello (and don't forget TangleRidge Golf Course and Lone Star Park)!

Hi, I'm Bill Crone and I graduated from North Texas State College in January, 1960, so that puts me in the lead of the "Old Goat" competition to this point.   

Don't be fooled, I met Mr. Crone at the Arizona game. He's more spry than I am.

He's definitely not old..that's a state of mind.

Name: Keith Kelly

BBA ('85) and MBA ('87), both in BCIS. Father was in the military so I moved around a lot. Came to UNT (well, NTSU) from Ohio. Worked for American Airlines and Sabre for 12 years. Have attended almost all home games since I started school in 1981 and several away games. My wife also went to UNT (BBA 1990).

Moved from Coppell (formerly posted as Coppell Green) to Newtown, CT last year, so only attended the N.O. Bowl this year. I currently work in White Plains, NY.

Keith

GreenEyedMonster = Adam Driver

I graduated in Spring of 97 with my BBA in Strategic Management/Marketing. Working my way through school was the best 7 years of my life! (Damn that Stats class)

I was president of Sigma Tau Gamma fraternity, a member of Alpha Phi Omega (Freshman year) and was blessed to work as a bartender at Tavern of the Green on Fry St. when it opened.

I own an ATM company, and absolutely love it (Keep getting cash people...I want to retire someday!)

I have followed Mean Green athletics since I was a kid, and made as many games as possible during my time in Denton. After I graduated is when I really had an opportunity to go to all the games, and am a Mean Green Club member for the past 2 years. Haven't missed a home game in so long I can't remember, and bust my tail to get to as many away games as possible. (TCU, UT, NO Bowl twice, etc)

My name is Brandon (arent I creative). I only went to 1 game in the 2001 season, i listened to the NMSU game and watched the NO bowl.

When i found out that UNT was going to TU i jumped at the opportunity (TU was my favorite school at that time). It was during this trip that i found my true colors. I went to every home game TCU, Tu, and the NO bowl.

I am currently a student at NCTC gainesville. I am planning on transferring to UNT this fall.

GMG!

Hey, my name's Keith and I'm a junior music education major (but second year at NT). I'm a member of the Green Brigade and hopefully section leader for next years trombone section. I'm also in the basketball band, so it's a given that I'll attend atleast 18 games plus the conference tournament. I've also been to all the football games and left my vocal chords in New Orleans twice biggrin.gif. Besides posting here, I also post all the pictures of NT football and such on my website: Bandgeek Central

My name is Matt and I graduated in ‘92 with a degree in Criminal Justice. As long as I don’t choke, I will graduate this May with a Master’s in Library Science. I’m impressed to see how many people have multiple degrees from UNT. I think that is a very good sign. I currently live in Irving, but my wife and I are building a house about 10 miles east on Denton on 380. I’m looking forward to being that close to Denton on a regular basis.

I attended the UT game and the NMSU game this past year. I will be getting season tickets for the upcoming season and hopefully will maintain them until I croak. I very much enjoy supporting UNT and defend the university at every opportunity.

My name is Matt. I am currently a High School senior in Houston, TX and am going to be attending UNT in the fall of 2003. I am planning on going into Business there. Haven't attended a football game yet but am looking forward to going to all the games in the fall at Fouts.  biggrin.gif

Great to have you here Matt. And you are getting here just in time to experience the "Great Awakening" of FFR's Giant.

You'll get that eventually.

Good to see you here future Eagle...........I am pretty jealous of you becuase you will be able to be a student at North Texas at one of its best times. You will see great things happen in Denton during your time there.

on another note: what happened to IPeagle?

My name is Matt. I am currently a High School senior in Houston, TX and am going to be attending UNT in the fall of 2003. I am planning on going into Business there. Haven't attended a football game yet but am looking forward to going to all the games in the fall at Fouts.  biggrin.gif

Welcome aboard FutureEagle03. You realize that you are going to have to change your name once Fall rolls around, don't you? Zeke is right, you are coming to UNT at the best of times. Enjoy it and get involved, apathy graduated last year!

I am aware that I will have to change the name when fall does roll around but that's not for a few more months. Got to get through high school first. Less than 4 months to go. I am very aware of the expansion of the school and that now is a great time to be going to UNT. Down here in Houston, it's still the hidden gem of schools but I am trying to convert some friends to become Eagles in the fall. smile.gif

My name is Kyle and I live in Coppell. I graduated from NT in 1986 with an accounting degree. I work for Ericsson in Plano. I have been a season ticket holder since the move back to D-1A. This past season I attended all home games, UT, TCU and the N.O. Bowl.

I did not attend games as a student (seems to be a trend). Now, I wouldn't miss one.

Hi y'all!  My name is Cheri and I am the wife of Pierow (Jon), an UNT alumni...who graduated in '98 with a BS in Hotel/Restuarant Management.  We have two kids...7 & 5.  We live in Denton and commute to Dallas everyday (work).  I am a Resource Manager for an oil company and Pierow is in sales.  We are season ticket holders for the football and bball games.  We were present at all the home games and the NO Bowl, but only missed three of the away games...Alabama, Arizona and MTSU.

Oh, BTW my avatar is of me and Nick Bazaldua in NO after we stomped "Chic-fil-a" Bearcats. biggrin.gif

Yeah...what she said. Ditto for me.

I'm Greg Monroe, a senior majoring in English and I have been a follower since my sophomore year. For some reason I didn't get into it my freshman year, but I have only missed a few games since. Next year, my girlfriend and I are planning on taking road trips to as many away games as possible. She wants to travel and I want to go to the game...I figured it was a good trade off. I was at NO both years, went to UT and TCU and remember watching the awesome game on TV year before last at Riprocks with many other screaming fans. It was awesome! I've been a reader of this board for a couple of years ( I started on the board before this one) but never joined until last fall when I couldn't stand it anymore. I knew if I joined I would become addicted...I did. It's great to get to know a little about everyone, and I'll definitely be looking for people at next year's tailgate parties!

I love these kind of threads. And I'll tell you something else, I'm surprised at all the students on the board!! This is great!! I have to say, I thought alot of you were alumni instead of students and it's great to see you guys and gals supporting YOUR school. I know alot of the students on campus think supporting their University is stupid (is the word "losers" too strong?) Those people have never been a part of something and their attitude flat out sucks. I have really seen a change in only 2-3 years since I left, and it makes me proud!

Keep up the good work and we believe in the Mean Green!!

GMG,

Jason

I'm Joe. Reared in Denton and attended North Texas on the GI Bill but didn't graduate sad.gif (choice was school or eat cool.gif ). Attended my first game at the old Eagle Stadium in the late 40's & have followed the Mean Green (or then Eagles) ever since. Retired and live on the balmy Gulf Coast in Corpus Christi cool.gif . Am a season ticket holder & contribute enough to have reserved parking rolleyes.gif . Drive the 420 miles to home games 2 or 3 times a year & get my tickets to someone who WILL attend when I can't.

My dear departed Mom was also a big fan & #28 Abner Haynes was her all-time favorite player. I got to know Abner after he retired from the KC Chiefs and became the Equal Opportunity Employment Officer at Zale Corporation in Dallas where I was a division Sr. VP of Operations.

I am Allen Powell, Assistant Professor of Hospitality Administration at Arkansas Tech University. I missed the Idaho game, but was there for all of the others. Went also to the ASU game in Jonesboro. My wife and I have been Mean Green Club members for several years, and try to get to a few BB games, since living in Arkansas for five years. I was a non-traditional student living in Fort Worth, and computing into Denton. We've been to both of the New Orleans bowl and also helped sponsor some kids to go to the game. I graduated from UNT in 1992 with a BS in Hospitality Administration. Currently, working on a Ph.D. at Oklahoma State University. Anyone is welcome to email me, and let's chat sometime. Go Mean Green!

Allen Powell

ArkansasEagle