Who Are You?

The AFLAC Duck

I get people confused and the only way i can usually tell people apart is by their avatars, but some people share the same ones. What's everyone's name, are you a current or former student, and wherebouts do you reside? Just trying to reach out and make this place more of a community and less anonymous. smile.gif

I'm Barrett, I'm a sophomore, and i live a few blocks off campus. I'm an EADP major, and i attended all 2002 home games, and the TCU game. Too poor for New O Bowl though. sad.gif And when my lease goes up in May i plan to move to Dallas to finish all my core classes at a JUCO next year. Don't get my wrong, I like UNT, but Denton sucks to high heaven.

Name: Sean

Where I hang my hat at night: Clark

Which makes me: A current student

Major: Business Computer Information Systems (not for the faint of heart either)

Attended: all home games; away: TCU and MUTS; plus had the honor of watching the Mean Green D destroy the Cincy Bear-kittens. biggrin.gif

FYI, I like changing my avatar every once in a while, cause I get tired of looking at the same thing all the time.

I am Steven Pettit. I graduated in Aug. 2002 in Kinesiology. Currently I am attending Texas Tech University in Amarillo to get my PharmD. degree (Pharmacist). Can't make it to too many fb or bball games due to the distance as well as school work (this stuff is pretty hard). I hope to make a few fb games next season just as I was able to get away for about 3 games this season. Come 2006 it is season ticket time!!!!

My name's Jason, I graduated Aug. 2000, BBA in Mgmt. I live in, you guessed it, The Colony and work in Dallas. I'm currently in my second semester of Grad School at the greatness that is UNT (I forgot how much I missed going to class sad.gif )

I bought season tickets last year made all the home games, TCU and the bowl and have renewed for next year, going to OU, N.O. (that's right, again) and am seriously considering going to NMSU.

Brandon Kennedy's my hero, so I'll keep him as my avatar ( I just may change BK photos as I go along)

Nice to meet ya!

I'm Justin. I currently live in Gainesville, TX. I'm taking classes at NCTC Gainesville right now since it's easier than commuting 30 miles everyday. I work for Camp Sweeney, one of the premier summer camps for kids with Type I diabetes. I run their radio station, KPFC-FM...as well as all of the sound and lighting systems during camp sessions. Good Times.

I make as many home games that I possibly can....but this b-ball season has been tough to make.

Went to New Orleans both times....and I HATE CROW!

Don't get my wrong, I like UNT, but Denton sucks to high heaven.

Bite your tongue, I love Denton. smile.gif

My name is Courtland, and I graduated in August of 2001 with a Radio/Television/Film degree. Shortly after graduation I moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in the film biz.

I made the Arizona and Homecoming games last year.

My name is Cara. Im a Senior at UNT with a major in Business Administration, specifically Strategic Management and Entrepreneurship. I will graduate this summer, but I am thinking of going back to school in the fall to get my teaching certificate. Im not sure though. I live here in Denton, off-campus. I work in Hurst at a dance studio.

As far as the games though...I have been at pretty much every single one this year except for the UT game and a few away football games. I only miss bball games if i have to work, but Ive been at pretty much everything else. New Orleans was one the of best times Ive had.

I'm John. I graduated in Dec. 92 with a BS in Kinesiology and a minor in business. I live in Trophy Club and work at the Baylor-Tom Landry Center as the operations director. I am married to Stephanie, who has taken a few interior design classes at UNT, but is a flight attendant with American and a wonderful mother to my 6 month old, today!, Chase. I grew up as the child of a season ticket holder and faculty member at UNT, so I have been a fan for life, hence my username. I have made every home game the last, who knows how many years, the TCU game and 01' New Orleans Bowl. I will travel to OU, Arkansas, and all home games this year plus the 03' New Orleans Bowl.

My name is Debbie. I reside in Crumley Hall. I am a senior accounting major. I hope to graduate in December of 2004 with my BS/MS. I hope to become a drill writer for marching bands later in life. (Yes, I know that has nothing to do with accounting.) I attended all the home games and the TCU and UT games as well as the New Orleans Bowl. Good times, good times!!!

Shane Bevel, 2000 grad of the NT Journalism dept. Currently living and working on Shreveport. I make every game I can, but I often end up shooting college football on Saturdays in my neck of the woods. Will be at Baylor for sure and hopefully OU this year, not to mention, of course, the NO Bowl. Last year made homecoming, NMSU and NO bowl.

Seeya,

ShaneB

I get people confused and the only way i can usually tell people apart is by their avatars, but some people share the same ones. What's everyone's  name, are you a current or former student, and wherebouts do you reside? Just trying to reach out and make this place more of a community and less anonymous.  :)

I'm Barrett, I'm a sophomore, and i live a few blocks off campus. I'm an EADP major, and i attended all 2002 home games, and the TCU game. Too poor for New O Bowl though. sad.gif  And when my lease goes up in May i plan to move to Dallas to finish all my core classes at a JUCO next year. Don't get my wrong, I like UNT, but Denton sucks to high heaven.

Sorry about your Denton experience but I loved living there as far as campus life and the folks on campus were concerned. I moved from the Houston area to Denton and found UNT to be a wonderful experience; especially, as a half decent musician (ask SUMG for confirmation on that) I was in music heaven (even though my major was not music). One moves to Denton knowing one is moving to a college town and should expect all that you get from a college town--nothing more/nothing less. I find college towns to be magnificent (but much smaller) microcosms of a large city to be honest. The best music in Dallas (many times) comes from Denton. Just ask around...

If you think about it, Denton (and UNT) has been the destination of some very famous people if you start couting that list so it can't be that bad now can it? <>*<>Dallasite Don Henley of the Eagles said he loved Denton, had a good time there while a student and still makes "secret trips" up to campus from time to time. (I read that in an article about 2-3 years ago).

Knowing that at UNT there are lots of "Norah Jones" looking type co-eds in large numbers (see her 5 X's Grammy nominated mug on the cover of the February TEXAS MONTHLY magazine); all these UNT co-eds adds much to the natural beauty of Denton, Texas; anyway, girls like her abound all over the UNT campus and Denton can beat Dallas in the girl dept. (per capita) any time of the year. UNT's "beauty queens" are all concentrated on about 800 acres instead of a spread out 50+ square miles of Dallas proper. I have to ask why do you want to move to "the plastic people capital of the world" anyway, and that is what Dallas is to me (and many others from what I read)? If its about a job, then that is a different story.

You just have not found the Denton I was fortunate to discover for myself, that's all, BUT...

...different strokes for different folks. cool.gif

And BTW, "WHO AM I ?" Just go up above the circle star UNT logo of this threasd, then click "PlummMeanGreen" and you'll find my background.

Hi y'all! My name is Cheri and I am the wife of Pierow (Jon), an UNT alumni...who graduated in '98 with a BS in Hotel/Restuarant Management. We have two kids...7 & 5. We live in Denton and commute to Dallas everyday (work). I am a Resource Manager for an oil company and Pierow is in sales. We are season ticket holders for the football and bball games. We were present at all the home games and the NO Bowl, but only missed three of the away games...Alabama, Arizona and MTSU.

QUOTE (JayDub @ Jan 29 2003, 11:14 PM)

QUOTE (CaraBear @ Jan 29 2003, 10:43 PM)

New Orleans was one the of best times Ive had.

Even that part when I woke everyone in the hotel room while puking in the bathroom??

Some things are left best untold...  

Thats right. I actually have a pic of Justin during the event if anyone wants me to post it. wink.gif

Don't get my wrong, I like UNT, but Denton sucks to high heaven.

Oh dude....I miss Denton so much. Some of the cutest girls in TX that's for damn sure.

And Cara....if you DO indeed have a pic of me doing that....and from what I heard about that night.....you might be breaking several obscenity laws....LOL.

Dumb question: how do I convert an ordinary jpeg or gif file into an avatar?

It needs to be 64x64 for it to look good, most imaging software can do that for you, or you can email it to me and I can format the image and send it back to you.

bevans @ brianrayevans.com

(remove spaces in the email address)

Obviously my name is Marty and I live southwest of Sherman, TX. Probably the only thing I have in common with most of the posters on this board is my love for the Mean Green. I never attended school at UNT and the only times I have ever been on campus is for a football or basketball game. I adopted UNT as my favorite team in the mid '70's and have been following them ever since. Believe me, I take a lot of ribbing at work for my devotion! I work for a utility company and referee football games to make ends meet. I don't make enough money to subscribe to the Eagle Eye or to donate to the school but believe me if I did, I would donate substantially. That's my story, and Go Mean Green!

Mark Miller

Class of 2000; BBA-Finance

I currently live in Carrollton (I miss being in Denton, but the commute to North Dallas was too much.) I made every home fb game, 3 road games, and the N.O. Bowl, and have been a season ticket holder for football, men's and women's basketball since graduation.

My name is Aaron, I am a kinesiology junior from Callisburg Texas.

I chose NT because of the location, and my parents, aunt & uncle, and cousins all are alumni. We even got my brother to become an Eagle this semester.

As for game attendance, I have missed a combined one home game of men's and women's basketball since I started coming here. In football I have been to every home game, TCU, UT, NMSU, and two trips to New Orleans for a certain bowl game.

Hi! My name is Tom and I'm an Eagleholic. Born, raised and graduated from high school in South Bend, IN, came to Texas for college and never looked back. I'm probably the oldest confessor on this thread so far. BBA in management, 1969, Pan American (now UT-Pan American). Came to Dallas as a bank examiner (OCC 8 yrs); then banker (8 yrs); then investment banker (10 yrs); now a C.F.O. In the middle of all that, earned my MBA in finance at UNT in 1989. Started to attend UNT athletic events when I was a grad student. Have been a football season ticket holder and Mean Green Club last 3yrs; life member NT Exes. Went to Austin and Ft. Worth road games and give support to the tailgating effort. Love my basketball too, but can only make weekend games due to tipoff time. Long-winded and more information than you wanted, but I was on a roll.