I'm heading to Syracuse this weekend and going to make a trip over to Cooperstown to check out the baseball HOF. Just wandering if anyone has been and if you have any suggestions , must sees that may be helpful. Thanks in advance

Cooperstown is a beautiful small town right on Lake Otsego...if you're coming from Syracuse I would not suggest making it a day trip, I'd definently stay overnight in Cooperstown...if you have your clubs with you try and get a tee time at Leatherstocking GC...and if you're really spoiling yourself just go ahead and stay at the resort on the course.

All of this, of course, is after giving yourself 4-5 hours in the Baseball Hall of Fame...followed by another 2-3 touring and sampling...nay, over-sampling the wares over at the Omegang Brewery. Two words: Rare Vos.

You simply cannot miss the Pete Rose exhibit! Best in the HOF...well that and the Shoeless Joe Jackson memorial. Be careful not to get in the way of the construction going on for the Mark McGuire and Roger Clemens exhibit proclaiming the benefits of science to baseball.

Great stuff! :lol:

Edited by KRAM1

You simply cannot miss the Pete Rose exhibit! Best in the HOF...well that and the Shoeless Joe Jackson memorial. Be careful not to get in the way of the construction going on for the Mark McGuire and Roger Clemons exhibit proclaiming the benefits of science to baseball.

I'll never ever get to see the Soccer Hall of Fame. Well, unless I backslide and end up in Hell.

Come on SUMG...you know you want to go! BTW...The National Soccer Hall of Fame was established in 1979 in Oneonta, New York. This year's induction ceremony will be July 31 to Aug. 2nd. and will include the inductions of Joy Fawcett and Jeff Agoos (a Richardson, Texas native I do believe) into the HOF.

SUMG...I can get you tickets for the ceremony...I know you really do what to be there for the action. Because you know ACTION and SOCCER are a perfect match.

:lol::lol::P:thumbsup:

Edited by KRAM1

Come on SUMG...you know you want to go! BTW...The National Soccer Hall of Fame was established in 1979 in Oneonta, New York. This year's induction ceremony will be July 31 to Aug. 2nd. and will include the inductions of Joy Fawcett and Jeff Agoos (a Richardson, Texas native I do believe) into the HOF.

SUMG...I can get you tickets for the ceremony...I know you really do what to be there for the action. Because you know ACTION and SOCCER are a perfect match.

Boy...there's something all sport's HOF's need: women.

Is the Soccer Hall of Fame in its' own building...or is it part of a service station/mini-mart?

Also, I thought Jeff Agoos had been blacklisted by the Soccer Hall of Fame voters....for scoring in games.

Edited by SUMG

Is the Soccer Hall of Fame in its' own building...or is it part of a service station/mini-mart?

Also, I thought Jeff Agoos had been blacklisted by the Soccer Hall of Fame voters....for scoring in games.

No, it really does have its own building with electricity and indoor plumbing too! I am impressed you even know the name Jeff Agoos! And, CBL....you got that right, women are nice, and those in the National Soccer Hall of Fame got game too!

No, it really does have its own building with electricity and indoor plumbing too! I am impressed you even know the name Jeff Agoos! And, CBL....you got that right, women are nice, and those in the National Soccer Hall of Fame got game too!

Wait, we play soccer in the US? There is a league for it? Learn something new every day.

Who?.....

worth a visit. Made the trip from Syracuse back in 1999 or so when ABC Nationals was there. Nice facility and worth a visit, but can be a tourist trap as well.

Ditto for me. I got there about 15 minutes after Nolan Ryan had left to chase down some muskie on Lake Otsego. He had been there for some promotional work since he was to be inducted into the Hall that summer. If you love baseball as I do, the place is an absolute shrine. I have been twice and will go back whenever I'm in that part of the country again.

Also, when there, check out Doubleday Field. I was lucky and there was a high school game being played while I was there. The old wooden stands and roof over the stands reeks of stale beer and cigar smoke from days gone by but again, that is a sweet aroma for those of us who really love baseball. :thumbsup:

You simply cannot miss the Pete Rose exhibit! Best in the HOF...well that and the Shoeless Joe Jackson memorial. Be careful not to get in the way of the construction going on for the Mark McGuire and Roger Clemens exhibit proclaiming the benefits of science to baseball.

OK, come on, I thought this was pretty humorous...couldn't someone...just someone have given me credit for the humor in the whole thing????? I am just not feeling the love here...where is GreenGuyBass and GreenBat when you need them...they both are always so very positve about what I post! :lol::unsure::thumbsup:

OK, come on, I thought this was pretty humorous...couldn't someone...just someone have given me credit for the humor in the whole thing????? I am just not feeling the love here...where is GreenGuyBass and GreenBat when you need them...they both are always so very positve about what I post! :lol::unsure::thumbsup:

I chuckled at your humor and wondered if you intentionally misspelled Mark McGwire's name in a humorous attempt to show that you truly don't care about baseball.

Honestly, I grinned at your comment but laughed out loud at SUMG's.

Jeff Agoos? Really!? Not to demean the man, but what were his career stats?

I chuckled at your humor and wondered if you intentionally misspelled Mark McGwire's name in a humorous attempt to show that you truly don't care about baseball.

Yes, in fact I did because I have been told I am notorious for typos on GMG.com. I am a big St. Louis Cardinals fan (well "big" for a non-baseball fan that is), so I can spell the name. Guy broke my heart with the 'roid thing! When I was a kid, the Cardinals were the closet team to Dallas, and Stan The Man was "THE GUY". Big debate at the time with "us kids" was who was better Ted Williams or Stan the Man. Of course I took Stan being a Cardinal's guy!

Come on forevereagle...sometimes you have to admit, it's fun the be the one doing the "got ya's!...sice I have been on the other side of plenty of them!