Gomeangreen Blog Catches Up With Kenny Evans

Harry

Knowing that his crew had been let go and that everyone was in a sense "Interviewing" for the next season at NT - I would be interested to hear why he thought it was entirely "ok" to go along with spitting in the face of our AD and wearing internet bought generic black uniforms with iron on letters. I think that a coach that loved NT and understood how much of an insult that would be would stand up and refuse to let it happen. He would have also been vocal about it. I suppose that Evans was hoping that Dickey would get a job somewhere else where he could bring Kenny with him. Sometimes you roll the dice and get craps. I really wish that you would have asked that question Harry.

I would be interested to hear why he thought it was entirely "ok" to go along with spitting in the face of our AD and wearing internet bought generic black uniforms with iron on letters. I think that a coach that loved NT and understood how much of an insult that would be would stand up and refuse to let it happen.

Why not ask your AD what happened to the black uniforms that you and your friends plus the students paid for and came up "missing" a week before they were to be worn. I would say that that is your AD spitting if the face of the Sr. and the rest of the team.

Define flunky? I have never flunked anything. Let met personally apologize for ever calling you out on that. Those were stress filled times for all of us concerning the state of affairs, much like they are now. I do not think you are Kenny Evans. If I am pathetic for supporting this program with my time, money and all of my heart then yes I am pathetic. I will admit that I learned a lot a few years back on what you should and should not say publicly, and I disagree with your view on our athletic department then and now.

And by the way, we launched the public part of our stadium campaign on Saturday. May I personally deliver you a pledge card?

It wasn't people on the board who thought I was Kenny Evans, it was Rick Villareal and his internet board-checking flunky. Pathetic.

Define flunky? I have never flunked anything. Let met personally apologize for ever calling you out on that. Those were stress filled times for all of us concerning the state of affairs, much like they are now. I do not think you are Kenny Evans. If I am pathetic for supporting this program with my time, money and all of my heart then yes I am pathetic. I will admit that I learned a lot a few years back on what you should and should not say publicly, and I disagree with your view on our athletic department then and now.

And by the way, we launched the public part of our stadium campaign on Saturday. May I personally deliver you a pledge card?

A flunky is someone who does the unsavory work of someone else...generally because that someone else doesn't have the rocks to do it himself.

Yes, you may deliver it to me personally. Or, you can just mail it. PM me and I'll give you the address.

Why not ask your AD what happened to the black uniforms that you and your friends plus the students paid for and came up "missing" a week before they were to be worn. I would say that that is your AD spitting if the face of the Sr. and the rest of the team.

I don't know the background of the "black" uniforms for that game. The ones that were used in that game looked like YMCA rejects, pitiful. It appeared to most fans to be Dickey's retaliation against the program. Since I never saw a player quoted in the media as saying they wanted to wear black or it was their idea then it again appeared to be the coach's idea. The basketball teams have since worn nice all black uniforms so I can't see where RV would have an issue with one for football.

Why not enlighten us with the, until now, unknown facts?

I kind of laugh at the irony of your signature every time I read your posts:

Bob Hoffman: "The more you complain, the more you find things to complain about. The more you give thanks, the more you find things to be thankful for."
Edited by UNTLifer

Why not enlighten us with the, until now, unknown facts?

I kind of laugh at the irony of your signature every time I read your posts:

Unknown facts??? I have posted the same question for over two years and not one of you have filed a FOI to find the truth. All you want to do is run down the past coach and his staff for doing what he felt he owed the team after he had been released.

Edited by PHSCoach

Unknown facts??? I have posted the same question for over two years and not one of you have filed a FOI to find the truth. All you want to do is run down the past coach and his staff for doing what he felt he owed the team after he had been released.

Wait??....what are you saying? That the black uniforms (that were official UNT football uniforms---back then, we did have an all black uniform; or at least black jersey's with dark green pants) were to be worn on senior day only to be "lost" the week before the game? Then you're saying that DD quickly reordered all black uni's from the internet to fill in for the missing official black uniforms?

What the heck?

If this is what really happened, is it any wonder why the new coaching staff had such a difficult time transitioning in? Seriously. This is even more bizarre than what I originally thought happened....

Edited by TIgreen01

Back to Evans, he has got two great athletics in Raymond and Wilson to start his program. Both showing up is surprising, Raymond was supposed to be one of NT most promising interior defensive lineman but had academic issues, Wilson left because he wanted to be a quarterback not another position. Looking at Northeastern State website, Raymond started last year and was second year all conference. Apparently, this will be Wilson's first year. Good luck to them and coach Evans. Tahlequah, Oklahoma is actually a great place and Evans should do very well there.

Back to Evans, he has got two great athletics in Raymond and Wilson to start his program. Both showing up is surprising, Raymond was supposed to be one of NT most promising interior defensive lineman but had academic issues, Wilson left because he wanted to be a quarterback not another position. Looking at Northeastern State website, Raymond started last year and was second year all conference. Apparently, this will be Wilson's first year. Good luck to them and coach Evans. Tahlequah, Oklahoma is actually a great place and Evans should do very well there.

One should hope Woody Wilson even makes it to campus. He was supposed to have been at UCA this year and for whatever reason was a no show, might have been scared of going head to head with Nathan Brown. Either way good luck to him and coach Evans, if/when he makes it to campus.

One should hope Woody Wilson even makes it to campus. He was supposed to have been at UCA this year and for whatever reason was a no show, might have been scared of going head to head with Nathan Brown. Either way good luck to him and coach Evans, if/when he makes it to campus.

has wilson been a student for like 10 years?

Why don't you just spill the beans? It is much easier than one of us filing a FOI, and besides, how many fans are going to go through the effort to file a FOI.

If the information you have is true, why have you been afraid to share it for over two years?

Why don't you just spill the beans? It is much easier than one of us filing a FOI, and besides, how many fans are going to go through the effort to file a FOI.

If the information you have is true, why have you been afraid to share it for over two years?

I have stated this many times maybe you just don't want to know the truth about what went on the last year of DD

I have stated this many times maybe you just don't want to know the truth about what went on the last year of DD

Okay, I guess I'm the only one that was not aware of:

I'm sorry, but this is the first I've heard about the school paying for black uniforms that supposedly came up missing a week before they were to be worn. I was only aware that DD bought Kmart quality black jerseys and donned all black after warming up in our home greens for his last game. So, if there is another story than the one I understand would you please either post it or send me a PM with the "facts?"

Okay, I guess I'm the only one that was not aware of:

I'm sorry, but this is the first I've heard about the school paying for black uniforms that supposedly came up missing a week before they were to be worn. I was only aware that DD bought Kmart quality black jerseys and donned all black after warming up in our home greens for his last game. So, if there is another story than the one I understand would you please either post it or send me a PM with the "facts?"

No, you are not the only one. Calling those things "Kmart quality" is an insult to Kmart. That stunt by DD burned a lot of bridges with those who thought it was time for him to go as a coach, but still thought of him as a generally good guy. No, I'm not going to fill out FOI requests as I have more important things to do with my time.

No, you are not the only one. Calling those things "Kmart quality" is an insult to Kmart. That stunt by DD burned a lot of bridges with those who thought it was time for him to go as a coach, but still thought of him as a generally good guy. No, I'm not going to fill out FOI requests as I have more important things to do with my time.

dd never tried to explain it. players never said it was their idea. rv never mentioned stolen jerseys. where is the story in the daily?

This is so stupid. There were no uniforms ordered. RV and Dickey were barely speaking. The players had asked for a black uniform and the compromise was the black pants. Some of the players had requested an all black uniform, not the majority of the team - but some of the junior and seniors. Those juniors and seniors knew that there had been resistance to the black pants and were angry that Dickey had been let go after all of his bad circumstances.

Dickey mae a promise that he could not keep - he did not have the authority to approve changing the school colors. I am sure that he requested them and RV said no... and Dickey probably argued with RV like always - and RV probably said - ok, I will order them (followed up by calls from Mattress Mac with even more threats to pull his donations from the department). RV (I am going to assume) tried to appease Dickey and tell him that he would look into it for the last game and when the week rolled around and Dickey asked about the jerseys, rather than argue with Dickey - RV probably said something to the effect of them being lost. It does not take a rocket scientist to piece this together.

What happened next completely summed up why Dickey was let go in the first place. He went out, on his own - and ordered cheap black jerseys with ironed on numbers. Then, to make sure that nobody stopped the team from taking the field - he had them warm up in their Green uniforms. They changed into those Halloween costumes and to me it looked like the players were embarrased. I know that you have your son's side of the story - but I have another player's side of the story.. and by the way, my friend LOVES Dickey - thinks of Dickey as the father that he never had.

My comment was that it was a shame that Evans could not be retained by the admin when Dickey left. He was the best of the bunch and had the most recruiting skills of the group. Going along with that stunt along with a laundry list of other things (that we have all hashed out a million times) was probably the reason why we had to completely clean house. There really was no other option.

I think of it this way - I work for a company that has rules. If my boss was given two weeks notice and he decided to change dress code for everyone or whatever rules, or even flat out had us due unethical things during that last bit of time... I would have to stand up and say no - regardless of what my future was. Especially if I was in a position to influence young men. That defiant stance and those ridiculous antics are the reasons why most of the fan base was only willing to put up with Dickey if he was winning. The second that he started losing, he was going to be gone. Dodge is on the other end of the spectrum... more people are coming to see Dodge's losing teams than ever came to see Dickey's winning teams. Why? He is a likable man. We are rooting for him to succeed and willing to give him some time for that. Does that mean he is untouchable? Nope, he will be gone if he doesn't win 3 or 4 games this year. But the fans are hoping for him to get it done, with Dickey - we were only willing to put up with his antics if he was winning.

one last thing - it wasn't Dickey the man, Dickey the man was actually nice. He came out to several of the flag football games and was incredibly cordial. He would give Vito an open door. He was nice to people close to him. It was just his lack of respect for the school that bothered me. It was like this was HIS team, not North Texas' team. Ok, I will shut up now, I know that we will never agree on this.

Edited by stebo

This is so stupid. There were no uniforms ordered. RV and Dickey were barely speaking. The players had asked for a black uniform and the compromise was the black pants. Some of the players had requested an all black uniform, not the majority of the team - but some of the junior and seniors. Those juniors and seniors knew that there had been resistance to the black pants and were angry that Dickey had been let go after all of his bad circumstances.

Dickey mae a promise that he could not keep - he did not have the authority to approve changing the school colors. I am sure that he requested them and RV said no... and Dickey probably argued with RV like always - and RV probably said - ok, I will order them (followed up by calls from Mattress Mac with even more threats to pull his donations from the department). RV (I am going to assume) tried to appease Dickey and tell him that he would look into it for the last game and when the week rolled around and Dickey asked about the jerseys, rather than argue with Dickey - RV probably said something to the effect of them being lost. It does not take a rocket scientist to piece this together.

What happened next completely summed up why Dickey was let go in the first place. He went out, on his own - and ordered cheap black jerseys with ironed on numbers. Then, to make sure that nobody stopped the team from taking the field - he had them warm up in their Green uniforms. They changed into those Halloween costumes and to me it looked like the players were embarrased. I know that you have your son's side of the story - but I have another player's side of the story.. and by the way, my friend LOVES Dickey - thinks of Dickey as the father that he never had.

My comment was that it was a shame that Evans could not be retained by the admin when Dickey left. He was the best of the bunch and had the most recruiting skills of the group. Going along with that stunt along with a laundry list of other things (that we have all hashed out a million times) was probably the reason why we had to completely clean house. There really was no other option.

I think of it this way - I work for a company that has rules. If my boss was given two weeks notice and he decided to change dress code for everyone or whatever rules, or even flat out had us due unethical things during that last bit of time... I would have to stand up and say no - regardless of what my future was. Especially if I was in a position to influence young men. That defiant stance and those ridiculous antics are the reasons why most of the fan base was only willing to put up with Dickey if he was winning. The second that he started losing, he was going to be gone. Dodge is on the other end of the spectrum... more people are coming to see Dodge's losing teams than ever came to see Dickey's winning teams. Why? He is a likable man. We are rooting for him to succeed and willing to give him some time for that. Does that mean he is untouchable? Nope, he will be gone if he doesn't win 3 or 4 games this year. But the fans are hoping for him to get it done, with Dickey - we were only willing to put up with his antics if he was winning.

one last thing - it wasn't Dickey the man, Dickey the man was actually nice. He came out to several of the flag football games and was incredibly cordial. He would give Vito an open door. He was nice to people close to him. It was just his lack of respect for the school that bothered me. It was like this was HIS team, not North Texas' team. Ok, I will shut up now, I know that we will never agree on this.

(1) Upperclassmen requested black uniforms.

(2) Request denied, black pants compromise

(3) After further discussion, RV grudgingly gives verbal okay for black shirts

(4) RV then doesn't order the black shirts he grudgingly said he'd get

(5) RV then sandbags DD when asked about the black shirts RV grudgingly said he'd get

(6) Black shirts unordered, DD buys the shirts himself

That is according to Stebo. So, following Stebo's sequence, RV made a promise and didn't keep it.

It's crystal clear:

Problem - two egos

In the middle - upperclassmen who had helped deliver the school rare conference titles and bowl appearances during their tenure and wanted to wear a black uniform

Winner - no one

Loser - the fans who then (1) chose up sides either defending RV or DD, and then (2) got stuck with a coaching staff comprised almost totally of high school coaches which producing a 3-21 record over the ensuing two seasons - taking two years to win as many games as DD did in his final season.

DD went on to become offensive coordinator of a school one notch up the conference chain who went 5-19 over the same time period UNT was going 3-21. He then scores another offensive coordinator gig yet another notch further up the conference chain at a school truly middle-of-the-road school. UNT, meanwhile, finally has the defensive half of the team fully coached by college coaches. So, I guess there's progress for both since the bitter end - or, what passes for progress at downtrodden outposts such as UNT.

Send the FOI to the school and you will see that the Black shirts were paid for in Sept of 2006 along with the normal green and white ones. I have no idea what RV said or what DD said. I do know that the underclassmen had no input into black, green, blue or red. Also I have no idea what Jr. and Sr. wanted black just that they were paid for.

Edited by PHSCoach