Should The Cowboys Trade Romo For Cutler?

Apple...with a brown-sugary crispy top.

It's not quite pie, but I guess it will do...

http://www.tonyromas.com/files/menu_detail...Choose=Desserts

Apple Crisp a la Mode

A delicious blend of apples, cinnamon and sugar. Baked to a golden perfection with a granola topping. Topped with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream and caramel topping.

Now that the strike is over i can say this....

I am from the Northeast....and i HATE pecan pie.

I am from neither the north nor the south. I live in Texas and have spent a great deal of time in Boston over the past ten years. My impartial judgment must favor pecan pie over Boston Creme pie. More texture to it. Of course, I stand by the blueberry sour cream as the best pie option.

Edit -- As a consolation, Fenway dogs are head and shoulders above Arlington nachos. Not even a contest. Game over.

Edited by oldguystudent

I am from neither the north nor the south. I live in Texas and have spent a great deal of time in Boston over the past ten years. My impartial judgment must favor pecan pie over Boston Creme pie. More texture to it. Of course, I stand by the blueberry sour cream as the best pie option.

Edit -- As a consolation, Fenway dogs are head and shoulders above Arlington nachos. Not even a contest. Game over.

Are these even worthy of the name "nacho". Here I am passing judgment on something I can't remember eating. I say "can't remember" because I was quite drunk at the relatively few Texas Rangers games I attended. And honestly, those were at the old stadium; now I'm wondering, "does the new Arlington Stadium lend itself to drunkenness as well as the old one"? Maybe the booze just makes the baseball easier to watch.

"does the new Arlington Stadium lend itself to drunkenness as well as the old one"?

If you can get into the Cuervo club, absolutely. But those are tough tickets to come by. Barring that, there are a few alcoves in the stadium with reasonably priced beer. As for drinking in the stands, it definitely does NOT lend itself to drunkeness. Between the sun beating down on you like a mutated easy bake oven, and the loan application process to get the necessary funds for a beer, the ballpark is not a great place to get drunk. For those kinds of shinanigins, I recommend getting a pair of Founders Club tickets for the Frisco Roughriders off Ebay. You can pick those up for about $35-40 a pop, and it's all you can eat (including the buffet behind home and the BBQ corner out in right field) and all you can drink including beer and wine. As a bonus, should you imbibe a little too much, there are a couple really nice hotels right next door that you can stumble on over to.

I know no one who's ever tailgated with me will believe this, but I very rarely have more than 1 or 2 beers at a baseball game. As a fan of the college game, I rarely have any at all.

Are these even worthy of the name "nacho". Here I am passing judgment on something I can't remember eating. I say "can't remember" because I was quite drunk at the relatively few Texas Rangers games I attended. And honestly, those were at the old stadium; now I'm wondering, "does the new Arlington Stadium lend itself to drunkenness as well as the old one"? Maybe the booze just makes the baseball easier to watch.

I remember going to the old stadium as a kid. Just about everyone was plowed. I seem to remember that they were much like NASCAR in those days, allowing people to bring in coolers with their favorite beverage. As a young lad, I was very entertained by all the fights in the stands. I remember one game, a guy had got mad and threw his cooler at another guy. The water from the cooler landed on the main walkway between the lower outfield and upper outfield section. The water landed right where the walkway intersected with a walkway that led up into the upper outfield sction. For those who don't remember, the outfield seats and walkways were all metal (much like our endzone seats) and when that got wet, it was very slick.

We stopped watching the game and started watching the drunks walk down from the upper outfield section, hit that watered down area, and completely bust their a%$. Ah, what good memories!!