No News....and I'm Angry!

DeepGreen

Seriously, do we have a football team at North Texas? Is spring training going on? I'm am really upset that the Athletic Department, DRC, and even GoMeanGreen.com have had few to no articles about spring training. Worse, no pictures to speak of have been posted or printed. I have to give our friends like Harry a pass because they have day jobs. Feeding the family comes first.

But what about Vito and the Athletic Department? What about the Sports Information Director? Don't they get paid to keep the readership informed about UNT football, specifically spring training? Those of us who are out of town depend on articles pictures, etc. So far, with the exception of a few posters and Vito, football information has been MIA. It's just plain sad. :angry:

Seriously, do we have a football team at North Texas? Is spring training going on? I'm am really upset that the Athletic Department, DRC, and even GoMeanGreen.com have had few to no articles about spring training. Worse, no pictures to speak of have been posted or printed. I have to give our friends like Harry a pass because they have day jobs. Feeding the family comes first.

But what about Vito and the Athletic Department? What about the Sports Information Director? Don't they get paid to keep the readership informed about UNT football, specifically spring training? Those of us who are out of town depend on articles pictures, etc. So far, with the exception of a few posters and Vito, football information has been MIA. It's just plain sad. :angry:

Yep. Couldn't agree with you more. We are our own worst enemy and then we wonder why we are stuck in a conference that is going absolutely nowhere but right back down to D1AA. I honestly believe that being in the Sun Belt is a death sentence for UNT athletics. Of course, that is only my opinion.

Yep. Couldn't agree with you more. We are our own worst enemy and then we wonder why we are stuck in a conference that is going absolutely nowhere but right back down to D1AA. I honestly believe that being in the Sun Belt is a death sentence for UNT athletics. Of course, that is only my opinion.

If it is a death sentence, it is self-inflicted because our administration has been so inept at funding and what not that we can not even compete consistently at the Sun Belt level of teams. Funny because many of the other Sun Belt schools have athletic programs that have national rankings in various sports. What sport do we have a nationally ranked team????

If it is a death sentence, it is self-inflicted because our administration has been so inept at funding and what not that we can not even compete consistently at the Sun Belt level of teams. Funny because many of the other Sun Belt schools have athletic programs that have national rankings in various sports. What sport do we have a nationally ranked team????

I agree with you and the previous poster. Back to my point- regardless of conference affiliation, it's the AD and SID's job to keep us informed on Spring Training. Pathetic.

Last week was tough for everyone to cover Spring ball as the Tourny was going on in Hot Springs. Vito gave us what info he could while in town, but basketball came first. Not to mention that Vito is watching practice through a fence as he is not allowed in. This week is Spring Break so no news will come out. I expect that once pracice resumes you will hear a little bit more.

I miss the practice reports that Harry used to do! They were incredibly in-depth, covered everything from opening talks to how practice finished. Harry your write-ups are missed! It was well worth the $$ to view.

Come on, guys. Dodge is just trying to keep this newfangled "tight end" position from leaking out to the rest of the football world. We're on to something here and must keep a lid on it.

You know, if keeping fans/writers at a distance is supposed to maintain secrecy and/or prevent distractions so that the team (and Coach Dodge's system) can reach it's maximum potential, then God help us if we had only half the access that we were used to when DD was here.

So, let's see...if there were complete access for fans to each practice/scrimmage...how many would actually show up? Really, come on...be honest. From what I can tell...lots of comments abouit this, but when there was an open practice...what...5-6 of us showed up? Yes, there was some confusion over the "openess" of the practice, but once it was claerd up there was plenty of time for people in Denton and the surrounding area to get there in time. No, not probasbly from Grand P, Ft. Worth area, etc. but plenty of time for Denton, Lewisville, carrollton, Lake Dallas, Cornith, and some of our more northern neighbors to make it.

So, how many would come and how often? No criticism intended and no "attitude" intended...just wondering if parctice were more "open" could UNT make something out of it to attract ticket sales/fans, etc.?

Thoughts?

Totally agree. Outside of Vito's attempts, school or media coverage for UNT spring football rarely exists. The SID has completely left the fans out this spring. Here is the last entry on the official football site (enjoy)... http://www.meangreensports.com/SportSelect...&SPSID=9058

Edited by NT80

Hey Guys I agree mean green sports does a not do a good job covering spring football. Why that is.... I don't know. The spring rosters are always late and allot of they players bios are never touched just left blank. Its a poor excuse for a D1 program.

With regards to practice I have been to them all except one. The practices at the AC center are fun to watch and you can see everything you want. I have no complaints about watching the practices there and I agree 100% that this should be closed to the public. We as fans have no business being inside the gates. You do not need to be inside.... you can see 360 degrees of football. I am lucky that my profession allows me to attend at 3:30. The guys work hard from start to finish and the whole coaching staff busts their @#@# the entire time they are on the field......not one minute is wasted.

I"m sorry I don't give daily reports ......thats just not me. But as far as VITO you "HATERS" should lay off......He has been to them all and stays a good 2 hours watching the MEAN GREEN and then waits to get a report from Coach Dodge or a player... he gets questions answered every time.

Johnny Q was there last week and had free run of the place .....It was good to see him talking to the coaches and players. He stayed the whole 3 hour practice.

IF you have any questions fire away and I will try my best to answer.

FirefightinRick .........no snaps under center yet. I along with many would love to see that with ya.....I hope Coach will change his mind.

Hey Guys I agree mean green sports does a not do a good job covering spring football. Why that is.... I don't know. The spring rosters are always late and allot of they players bios are never touched just left blank. Its a poor excuse for a D1 program.

With regards to practice I have been to them all except one. The practices at the AC center are fun to watch and you can see everything you want. I have no complaints about watching the practices there and I agree 100% that this should be closed to the public. We as fans have no business being inside the gates. You do not need to be inside.... you can see 360 degrees of football. I am lucky that my profession allows me to attend at 3:30. The guys work hard from start to finish and the whole coaching staff busts their @#@# the entire time they are on the field......not one minute is wasted.

I"m sorry I don't give daily reports ......thats just not me. But as far as VITO you "HATERS" should lay off......He has been to them all and stays a good 2 hours watching the MEAN GREEN and then waits to get a report from Coach Dodge or a player... he gets questions answered every time.

Johnny Q was there last week and had free run of the place .....It was good to see him talking to the coaches and players. He stayed the whole 3 hour practice.

IF you have any questions fire away and I will try my best to answer.

FirefightinRick .........no snaps under center yet. I along with many would love to see that with ya.....I hope Coach will change his mind.

Saysojoe...since you are on of the few on the board who can make it to the practices would it be possible for just a slight rundown from the practices? You said that its not you, understandable, we're not asking for a full 3 pg breakdown. Maybe just some daily quick hits. How did Riley look, so and so stood out, whatever. I'm fiending for some football!!!!

March 16, 2009

We rival ULM in dearth of information

UNT website, nothing about spring practice: http://www.meangreensports.com/SportSelect...&SPSID=9058

FIU website, daily spring pratice reports via TY Hilton player diary; head coach Cristobal wrote about the first week of practice:

http://www.fiusports.com/SportSelect.dbml?...amp;SPSID=49159

FAU spring ball doesn't begin until March 25th. All practices are open to the public.

Arkansas State website, practice reports posted: http://www.astateredwolves.com/SportSelect...amp;SPSID=35558

Troy spring ball doesn't begin until March 18th.

ULM website, no updates, spring game is March 21st: http://www.ulmathletics.com/SportSelect.db...amp;SPSID=90583

ULL website, daily updates: http://www.ragincajuns.com/ViewArticle.dbm...;ATCLID=3690731

WKU spring ball doesn't begin until March 28th, a full schedule is posted on the website: http://www.wkusports.com/fls/5400/WKU%20Sp...ice%20Times.pdf

MTSU website, spring ball opens today, full story: http://www.goblueraiders.com/section.cfm/sport/football

So are you angry? Or are you torqued? Or both? Please specify.

EDDRICK GILMORE !!!!!!! on the D side of practice fields he is the player to watch. His number #94 is the first player I look for. He is an animal !!!!

He looks and moves like Ware of the Cowboys. I still cant figure if he is 1st or 2nd team. My opinion he should never come of the field for anything. He hunts Riley down and man does he look scary in the process.

The oline works very hard in practice..... techniques are getting better and looks like a D1 line for the first time since Dodge arrived. They still get beat from time to time but if the O would change from a pass blocking scheme every play to some counters and cross blocks these guys would look allot better. They just need a little help with some better blocking schemes and all would be better up front.

The QBs

Rylie.... is fast and makes good throws most of the time. He gets all the first team work.

Tune.... taller in the pocket but no speed and it hurts him on the outside. Throws well

Baine.... fast and throws as well as the top two Qbs I would love to see him get more reps with 2nd team.

Coach Dodge works with all three equally during skills and passing drills and Baine seems to improve daily because of that.

Receivers .....many new faces some seem faster ..Is the next Johnny out there I have not seen him yet

H-town stay tuned

EDDRICK GILMORE !!!!!!! on the D side of practice fields he is the player to watch. His number #94 is the first player I look for. He is an animal !!!!

He looks and moves like Ware of the Cowboys. I still cant figure if he is 1st or 2nd team. My opinion he should never come of the field for anything. He hunts Riley down and man does he look scary in the process.

The oline works very hard in practice..... techniques are getting better and looks like a D1 line for the first time since Dodge arrived. They still get beat from time to time but if the O would change from a pass blocking scheme every play to some counters and cross blocks these guys would look allot better. They just need a little help with some better blocking schemes and all would be better up front.

The QBs

Rylie.... is fast and makes good throws most of the time. He gets all the first team work.

Tune.... taller in the pocket but no speed and it hurts him on the outside. Throws well

Baine.... fast and throws as well as the top two Qbs I would love to see him get more reps with 2nd team.

Coach Dodge works with all three equally during skills and passing drills and Baine seems to improve daily because of that.

Receivers .....many new faces some seem faster ..Is the next Johnny out there I have not seen him yet

H-town stay tuned

Appreciate it saysojoe

Heres the thing doesn't everyone know we throw the ball? Could Dodge be hiding practice to prevent the over justified fan running on the field and yelling at his son, or favorite player? Dodge just needs to hit the players on the helmet, with his whistle while yelling "stick to the basics" "Stick to the basics!"

Heres the thing doesn't everyone know we throw the ball? Could Dodge be hiding practice to prevent the over justified fan running on the field and yelling at his son, or favorite player? Dodge just needs to hit the players on the helmet, with his whistle while yelling "stick to the basics" "Stick to the basics!"

The basics would have at least one play from under center. You know for maybe short yardage situations. Well never mind, I guess, "stick to the basics".