Confirmed Cit Invites

UNTflyer

I found this off of Troy's site.

Tuesday March 17

Rider (19-12) @ Liberty (22-11)

Kent State (19-14) @ Oakland (22-12)

Wednesday March 18

The Citadel (20-12) @ Old Dominion (21-10)

Mount St. Mary’s (19-13) @ James Madison (19-14)

Austin Peay (19-13) @ Bradley (18-14)

Belmont (19-12) @ Evansville (17-13)

Portland (19-12) @ Pacific (19-11)

Drake (17-5) @ Idaho (16-15)

Looking at that list, I'm thinking Sunbelt schools must've been approached but turned them down. Whether we were one of those approached I can't say, but UALR not being included anywhere so far in unbelieveable.

Edited by CMJ

I found this off of Troy's site.

Tuesday March 17

Rider (19-12) @ Liberty (22-11)

Kent State (19-14) @ Oakland (22-12)

Wednesday March 18

The Citadel (20-12) @ Old Dominion (21-10)

Mount St. Mary’s (19-13) @ James Madison (19-14)

Austin Peay (19-13) @ Bradley (18-14)

Belmont (19-12) @ Evansville (17-13)

Portland (19-12) @ Pacific (19-11)

Drake (17-5) @ Idaho (16-15)

How did Drake only play 22 games?

These extra tourneys for college basketball just make me shake my head when I think about the lack of one for college football.

96 Evansville

98 Bradley

103 Old Dominion

118 Mount St. Mary’s

120 Portland

122 Oakland

124 Belmont

125 Rider

135 Idaho

137 Kent State

139 James Madison

145 Austin Peay

146 Pacific

152 Liberty

162 Drake

175 The Citadel

So conceiveably, we could've all been asked.

UALR 91

NT 126

Troy 132

USA 148

MTSU 169

96 Evansville

98 Bradley

103 Old Dominion

118 Mount St. Mary’s

120 Portland

122 Oakland

124 Belmont

125 Rider

135 Idaho

137 Kent State

139 James Madison

145 Austin Peay

146 Pacific

152 Liberty

162 Drake

175 The Citadel

So conceiveably, we could've all been asked.

UALR 91

NT 126

Troy 132

USA 148

MTSU 169

If we were invited and turned it down, that would be disappointing.

i bet you NT turned them down....I am friends with Tramiel on facebook and his status on like thursday or friday said he was going back to Lousiania for the whole srping break, so it seems like the players knew they wern't going to any tournament.....very sad as we should have accepted some kind of tourny...

i bet you NT turned them down....I am friends with Tramiel on facebook and his status on like thursday or friday said he was going back to Lousiania for the whole srping break, so it seems like the players knew they wern't going to any tournament.....very sad as we should have accepted some kind of tourny...

Check back in two weeks and tell me who won the CIT without having to google it. Tell me what TV stations are covering this illustrious event. Now tell me why we should pay tens of thousands of dollars to participate in it. Oh, yeah. I forgot. Idaho's passing us by!!!!!

Sometimes NOT buying into something like this is as much advancement for a program as playing in it.

Check back in two weeks and tell me who won the CIT without having to google it. Tell me what TV stations are covering this illustrious event. Now tell me why we should pay tens of thousands of dollars to participate in it. Oh, yeah. I forgot. Idaho's passing us by!!!!!

Sometimes NOT buying into something like this is as much advancement for a program as playing in it.

FCS is carrying it.

Yeah...I would really hate for the Sun Belt to stoop to the level of the Missouri Valley, West Coast or Mid-American conference...

well its being covered by FCS and is about 30,000$ cheaper then the CBI tourny....i just wanted this team to keep playing i wanted to see if my University could win this tournament

I don't have FCS. Had to look up what channel it is. Great exposure. Anyhoo, over on the Big West boards, Pacific got into the CIT. Here's what one fan had to say about it.

We got a few more details about the CIT today out of the Record. Fox College Sports will carry some of the games (the only one currently listed was the championship game) and there are floating seeds to cut down on costs for the teams. UOP paid $28,500 to host the CIT game. Each additional game hosted will cost an additional 28,500. This is only a fraction of the over $60,000 that the CBI costs but I am still a bit surprised that the Tigers agreed to pay the money to participate in this tourney. Winners don't receive any financial gain and with little exposure this tourney doesn't seem like it would do too much for the help of recruiting.

I don't have FCS. Had to look up what channel it is. Great exposure. Anyhoo, over on the Big West boards, Pacific got into the CIT. Here's what one fan had to say about it.

I don't know, last year Tulsa and Bradley seemed rather pleased with the whole deal(they were the finalists). And Tulsa's final victory celebration looked like they just won the NCAA's. Did either of those schools segue that into better things this year? I mean Bradley not so much, but Tulsa had a better regular season at least(they again missed out on the NCAA's, but got in the NIT this year). Maybe it was from new recruits...maybe it was from the expereience they gained winning a tournament, who can say.

• 2 weeks later...

I know UTEP is playing someone, but thats all I know...or is that the CBI?
CBI.

Am I an ultimate loser because I know this.

CIT

Bradley

James Madison

Old Dominion

They actually started the semis last night. Read the boxscore of Bradley's win after I finished watching the NIT.

I'm gonna miss basketball season.

Edited by CMJ