So I am kind of scared of the summer. Seeing as I am not that into baseball I am thinking that I will have nothing to talk about on the blog other than 'welp, sure was hot today'

So ...

Whatchagotferme?

anything?

Go the FC Dallas home opener next weekend.

Sit in section 132.

Have fun.

Become a soccer fan.

Write in your blog about it.

You and Kram must be soulmates.

I'm amazed that he is a soccer fan. He's so nutty when it comes to politics I figured soccer would be far too 'girly' and 'liberal' for him.

I like watching soccer ... when its the World Cup.

I like to play FIFA on the ps3.

Its harder to get into MLS though. I tried a couple of times. Really, I did.

Good idea though. Maybe I'll try it.

Have you been to a game or just watched on TV?

I've found that I'm not much of a casual soccer viewer, even if its the top European clubs. But I find it to be much much more intense if my team is playing. Way more so than any other sport for some reason.

An MLS game is a three-hour nap!

1) MLS matches never last beyond 2 hours unless its a playoff match that goes into overtime.

2) The league is kicking and building and will soon compete with the 2nd tier leagues in Europe (Netherlands, France, Colaship). Some of the clubs can presently boast more season ticket holders than most NBA and NHL clubs.

3) You're a douchebag. :P

You're really trying to get me banned, aren't you?

No, Im actually a Dynamo fan. Met several of the players while living in Houston, actually used to sit and watch the games- in their entirety- on TV. Never made it to a game due to conflicts of schedule, but many I my friends were regulars. I actually really dig soccer. My interest started while I was in Spain during the 2002 World Cup.

I also recently got into Hockey. There's this entire once foreign world of sports out there that I'm really growing fond of.

Edited by Eagle1855

Guest JohnDenver

So we have soccer. Anything else?

... NBA ends in July, half way through summer. Though normally I lose interest well before the end, because I can't handle the Lakers or Celtics.

Then it turns to:

Beer brewing.

Whiskey sipping.

Camping.

Smoking meats.

Finish up home improvements that get neglected during football season and winter.

Then I proceed with my countdown until the end of August when I can make my yearly road trip to see my favorite team get destroyed in some other stadium far from my house.

I wish I were just a bit younger and less involved with the daily grind of being a responsible citizen. Then I would take tours around Texas to find the best BBQ. Then tour Tennessee and Kentucky to tour distilleries. I would camp in all the camp grounds between these places... That would take up a summer, and be good blogging.

... NBA ends in July, half way through summer. Though normally I lose interest well before the end, because I can't handle the Lakers or Celtics.

Then it turns to:

Beer brewing.

Whiskey sipping.

Camping.

Smoking meats.

Finish up home improvements that get neglected during football season and winter.

Then I proceed with my countdown until the end of August when I can make my yearly road trip to see my favorite team get destroyed in some other stadium far from my house.

I wish I were just a bit younger and less involved with the daily grind of being a responsible citizen. Then I would take tours around Texas to find the best BBQ. Then tour Tennessee and Kentucky to tour distilleries. I would camp in all the camp grounds between these places... That would take up a summer, and be good blogging.

You know? This is a cool idea. I like to travel and will hopefully have some time available this summer. Hurm.

Also, I didn't mean to double post. I think it had something to do with the iPod i was using. My bad.

This is indeed a great idea. Very pretty country in and around all of those fabulous whiskey facilities. Especially in Kentucky. You can also hit up the Corvette museum in Bowling Green. America, dudes. America.

I'm amazed that he is a soccer fan. He's so nutty when it comes to politics I figured soccer would be far too 'girly' and 'liberal' for him.

Have you been to a game or just watched on TV?

I've found that I'm not much of a casual soccer viewer, even if its the top European clubs. But I find it to be much much more intense if my team is playing. Way more so than any other sport for some reason.

1) MLS matches never last beyond 2 hours unless its a playoff match that goes into overtime.

2) The league is kicking and building and will soon compete with the 2nd tier leagues in Europe (Netherlands, France, Colaship). Some of the clubs can presently boast more season ticket holders than most NBA and NHL clubs.

3) You're a douchebag. :P

Coffee and TV...that's what I thought about you...so very nutty when it comes to politics...but, I do see your club of preference, so maybe that's the reason. Just waht makes you think conservatives can't be soccer fans? I'm a Coventry City fan as well as a Rangers fan...been to the World Cup...original FC Burn (FC Dallas) season ticket holder, Soccer Club President, Soccer tournament director as well as a referee...still ref evry weekend during season...have done college, HS, club, Men's and rec games. Lot's of fun. Being conservative or liberal has absolutely nothing to do with it!

And, I will add...head out to Frisco this spring and summer for some great fun supporting FC Dallas! While some may see US pro soccer as second rate...it is definitely moving up in the eyes of the soccer playing world...and, absolutely agree that MLS will soon be on equal footing with the European 2nd tier. Have to get to that level before MLS can move on up to becoame a Tier 1 league. Which it definitely will.