Gmg.com Draft Bios

I'll lead....

Green Nightmare

6'3 180. A WR and safety.

Positives:

Only 28 and still in decent shape. Big Hands ability to win jump balls.

Negatives:

I haven't played organized sports in 2-3 years. Also never been injured playing tackle football however, I broke both thumbs playing touch on 2 separate occasions

Literally the ultimate lurker on here. Been religiously reading on here since '01. I know who many of you are but you don't know me

Prediction:

Early Rounds unless the unknown quantity effect creeps in, then I'm a late round steal

Shirt Size L

Oldguystudent

Would be listed as 6' 0" in the UNT media guide. Weight depends on how many trips are allowed to the buffet. Positions include, but are not limited to, water boy, towel boy, cheer squad fluffer.

Positives:

Has cooler and grill, will travel.

Negatives:

Blew out both knees in high school -- permanent irreparable damage, can't run more than 5 yards. Was in decent shape anyways until domestic disturbances led to solace in processed foods.

Prediction:

Utter and total desperation pick. Was last seen 15th in the depth chart for the UNT defensive special teams unit. Might see some action if there is worldwide famine, thus rendering 99.9% of gmg.com members dead of starvation, but only maybe.

Shirt Size

Oldguystudent's ancestors saved the Mayflower from being lost at sea after a particularly violent storm by using their shirts as replacement sails.

Edited by oldguystudent

*** DISREGARD THIS BIO...I AM ON IR*********

UNT90

VITALS:

6'4" 230lbs with a 40 time around 5 (that'd be 6'6" 250 4.8 40 in the program)

In shape for my age (40 something). I am the quenessetial Tight End on offense. I hope this means I will get more than 3 snaps. A linebacker on defense.

EXPERIENCE:

More of a Basketball player than Football. I did recently play in a flag football tournament at work and had 1 TD reception, 1 extra point reception, 1 interception, and one pass defended against much younger competition. We were one game and out. Great technique in coverage makes up for a severe lack of speed. My basketball skills also make me a pretty good "blocker" in this type of game (I can sell the charge like a Mofo!)

Was a legend in the PEB for my defense and rebounding on the Bball court. Once scored over and around Ronnie Morgan and Tony Worrell in a pick up game (Tony sold out for the head fake, nice fade away over Ronnie).

PREDICTION:

Should be a mid to late round pick due to annonimity and age descrimination, but will be a late round pick (see disclaimer).

SHIRT SIZE:

XL

******DISCLAIMER*******:

Recently suffered a partially torn ligament in left ankle while playing basketball at the downtown Y. I have a Dr. appointment the week before the game to see if I get my full release. May be on the IR for the game (But I wanna play bad!!!!!)

Edited by UNT90

dude....6' 6", 215...no jumping abilities.

have played in all but one of the games.....only won 1.....

i'm a beer drinker....will drink before, during, and after the game...deal with it! i'll have a good choice of 40s on gameday!

enjoy playing defense when i can sit back and play some safety action, i'm not too fast

will play offense when i have to go long because i'm tall

xl shirt...

damn....i can't wait!

Edited by radiogreen

i'm a beer drinker....will drink before, during, and after the game...deal with it! i'll have a good choice of 40s on gameday!

Forecast for game day has highs in the 40s with a low of 12. Be on the lookout for ice causing cold hands. Bundle up with a koozie!

As for my own bio, do not draft me. I will not play. I will eat, drink and be merry, but I will not set foot on the field. Not gonna' happen.

The list has Emmitt as available - has he pulled out? Emmitt - I want to see you win at least one GMG flag football game before you die an old age so playing every year will increase those chances. Please Please Play! Because if you don't, I won't know who to automatically not pick in order to win this.

bstnsportsfan3

6'0 310. OL or DT.

Positives:

Only 21, have the gurth to block up holes, by just standing their....

Negatives:

In the last year i have torn my meniscus in my left knee, broke my left ankle last june, and severaly sprained the same ankle 3 weeks ago (yet it feels better!)

I will more then likely hurt or roll at least 1 of my ankles or have some other type of serious injury which will render me useless for the rest of the game.

Also havent played flag football in over 10 years, have no speed, crappy hands and im fat and out of shape. also have glasses...that usually suck when your trying to play sports.

Prediction:

Dead Last, i was always the fat kid picked last. so im use to it.

Shirt Size

im usually a 2x, might wanna go 3x to be safe ( if it cost more ill pay, i dont care!)

Edited by bstnsportsfan3

RamoneArchie (I use my real name to post..imagine that)

5'11" 205 4.47 (11 years ago), 4.5 (7 years ago)

I am not the athlete I used to be. I played in last years game and didn't perform very well.

Positives:

Played for the Mean Green from 1997-2000 was voted all Big West 2nd Team Saftey and Honorable Mention in 98 and 99. 4th on the team in tackles both of those years. I coach football that might be my best asset to the team. I was coached by Gary Deloach

Negatives:

I'm a better coach then I was a player (well except for that one year I coached at UNT, I was horrible). My hands are very average, I had one int (Against Arizona State) in my career with numerous PBU's that should have been picks.

Predictions:

I'm guessing no one will listen to my warnings about my football skills being gone....I'm guessing on a top 10 pic in the draft....

Shirt Size:

Largish...

Quote:

"I will never play flag football again, I am way too out of shape." Ramone Archie after GMG.com bowl 2008

KingDL1

5'10' 220

Positives:

I drink beer and I have been getting into better shape. I think I have played in all but one GMGBowl and have never lost. I play ice hockey twice a week

Negatives:

I drink beer and I am trying to get rid of that shape

Been on the board a while. Thanks Harry

Prediction:

Drinking will occur

Shirt Size XL

Edited by KingDL1

Name: forevereagle

Shirt size: L

6-2, 165ish

Projects as a WR, S, CB

I have played in the last 3 GMG Bowls and won all 3. Last year was my beset year. Played pretty well on D with one pick and a break up on the crucial last play of the game despite being matched up on a guy 4 inches taller than me.

I was a walk-on tight end at UNT in 2000. havn't played much since.

I have lost my speed but less of my size (6'5'' 225). as the song goes: "I am not as good as I once was, but I am good enough once as I ever was".... should be good for 6 :). or something like that.

Size: L (I hope)

Edited by Elvis

Height

5'9 (as Osborn); variable, usually 7' (as Goblin)

Weight

150 lbs (as Osborn); variable, usually 1000 lbs (as Goblin)

Eyes

Blue (as Osborn); green (as Goblin)

Hair

Brown (as Osborn); none (as Goblin)

Powers

Norman’s goblin form is superhumanly strong, and can leap hundreds of feet at a time; as the goblin, he also possesses clawed hands that facilitate climbing, durable (but not bulletproof) skin, and accelerated healing. He can generate fiery bolts of energy from his hands.

Shirt Size: L

Height

5'9 (as Osborn); variable, usually 7' (as Goblin)

Weight

150 lbs (as Osborn); variable, usually 1000 lbs (as Goblin)

Eyes

Blue (as Osborn); green (as Goblin)

Hair

Brown (as Osborn); none (as Goblin)

Powers

Norman’s goblin form is superhumanly strong, and can leap hundreds of feet at a time; as the goblin, he also possesses clawed hands that facilitate climbing, durable (but not bulletproof) skin, and accelerated healing. He can generate fiery bolts of energy from his hands.

Shirt Size: L

So, if I'm your wife as mrsgreengoblin does that mean I'm bald too? Cuz that would suck.

Female

Height: 5'4".....and a half?

Shirt Size: M

Experience: Played year before last in the GMG game. I was on Emmitt's team, therefore we lost. :D

I did not declare for last years draft. You can only waddle down a football field so fast when nine months pregnant.

Strengths: Good hands and good arm, providing the target stays still and everyone else stays out of the way. Good speed in short bursts, as long as it's not longer than 10 yards. Oh, and I can drink beer with the best of them.

Prediction: 1st round, 1st pick....maybe 2nd if any other chicks decide to play. I also predict I won't be able to move for three days afterwards if year before last was any indication. It sucks getting old.

Edited by mrsgreengoblin

Hickoryhouse

6' (6'1 in the program please) 235 and progressively getting into worse and worse shape since i graduated in 06

Never been much of a athlete, although I did have a brief stint as a boxer... Kind of the block with your face but hit the other guy really hard style, so my best position would probably be where ever an out of shape large 27 year old who runs decently in very short stints and likes beer would fit, LB, TE etc

I have never participated in the GMG bowl but I enjoy the idea of drinking beer and playing football at the same time, so this is going to be an experience!

My one downside, you know... other than what i mentioned earlier in this post, is that until probably the week before I will have no idea if I am going to be in town or out of town thanks to work, so please draft me late so as to not destroy your team if i can't make it....... Like i was going to be drafted early HA!!!

Shirt Size XL

NAME

Justin "UNT_92_Fan" Dearing aka Tunz

Position and Experience

Quarterback and Linebacker

5-1 all time in GMG.com Action, never picked lower than second, One poorly thrown pass from being 6-0 (still haunts me Radio)

Always on the field on offense... usually not a defensive player

For those from last year, many noticed I came into the game smaller and faster than ever... a whopping 6'1 and 260 pounds. I plan on weighing in at the combine just below 240 and faster and stronger than ever.

Given up the heavy drinking finally as I have been placed into a professional position of educator of the nation's youth, but who knows Hurricane Dearing could make an appearance once my feet hit familiar soil for the first time since last season Match up

Prediction

Early first round, hopefully the lose last year won't lower my draft status

In the words of the great Dickey "Eff you guys"

Still not 100% sure if I can make the game... I am telling my family its an emergency and I have to be in denton later in the day... Can we play at like 430?

Shirt Size... SEXY, I mean XL

Edited by UNT_92_Fan