Western Kentucky (3/9/09)

CMJ

Just checked out the stats, and unless they're incorrect, we got 12 FT attempts and they got 37? That pretty much tells the story even more than our very bad second half shooting stats. Heard the first half on the radio, and saw the second half on TV, and I'm not going to bitch and moan too much about the fouls, but that's quite a difference maker.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked out the stats, and unless they're incorrect, we got 12 FT attempts and they got 37? That pretty much tells the story even more than our very bad second half shooting stats. Heard the first half on the radio, and saw the second half on TV, and I'm not going to bitch and moan too much about the fouls, but that's quite a difference maker.

They were definitely more aggressive than we were, so I'm not gonna complain too much about the disparity. But if I recall, I THINK they massively outshot us from the stripe in our first game too(I could be wrong).

Sixteen minutes for McCoy doesn't make much sense to me since his stats were VERY nice. Said I was through bitching, but that's worth mentioning.

He was a nonfactor for most of those minutes, and then he just exploded at the end. That might have been what was so frustrating to JJ. McCoy can be in there for minutes and be invisible or even worse - chuck up bad shots.

Then all of the sudden he turns into an All-American for a 3 minute stretch.

So they have a uni that is kelly green with black trim?

Yes, that's our main road jersey. JJ lets the kids vote for the Black on "special" occassions. Last year we had a pretty horrendous record in the Black uniforms...like 1-4 or something. Maybe that's why we only busted them out near the end of the season this year.