This Is Really Sad

For God's sake son, have you never heard about taking the initiative? What do you need, a personal phone call? Why is it everyone's else's fault. If you're posting on this board then you knew what was going on, period! Have we dumbed down two generations of kids to the point that they believe they are entitled to a free house, free car, free health insurance..............YES!!! And the sad thing is that it will cost us our freedom.

What!!!!

WE have won 20 games for the last three years!!!!

Furthermore, and listen very very clearly! It is not about winning! It never has been! It's about PRIDE in the school you go to. Win or lose! Who the hell is spreading the rumor that your school or team must win before you can attend games? I honestly want to know.

Learn the UNT FIGHT SONG before you post such nonsense!!!!

Yes I have heard about taking the initiative. Don't try to call me out personally. I am telling you the truth. You have no idea what I had going on in my life this week. You have no clue as to my level of preoccupation or even as to what may be requiring my attention besides the usual school and work. It is stupid to make a general statement that 'it is everyone else's fault' I never said it is. I am saying, that in this instance, casual-level fans were not aware that they could go to the conference tourney on the school's dime and to call them out for being lame, and not caring, is stupid. For the most part, they didn't know it was there.

It is easy to get the message out. As for those emails, neither I nor my wife, best friend, classmate, or other class mate received one. That was just a quick look around the people who were with me when I asked. Of that group 5 out of 5 would have taken advantage of it if we had known.

Now, are you really going the our-country-is-doomed-cuz-these-durned-kids route because I said the school did a poor job getting the word out about this particular event? Please. No one that I know thinks that they are entitled to a free anything, by the way, so save your bitter-old-man routine for someone else.

As for the pride thing? I have pride in my school. I am a realist though. The thinking that schools (and nations) are inherently good are ignorant to say the least. North Texas is good because it is North Texas? BS. 'North Texas is good because of the level of quality education and experience it provides' is a better answer.

So, yes, I think UNT should win ALOT of games and show a consistent, quality product for a decent amount of time before it starts whining about people not loving it.

Edited by aztecskin

Easiest way to get the word out to students, text messages. Every student who registers has a listed cell phone number ( or I would guess at least say 25k). Emails are becoming a thing of the past , sent out a text message to all the students you can and I promise the word will get out.

Easiest way to get the word out to students, text messages. Every student who registers has a listed cell phone number ( or I would guess at least say 25k). Emails are becoming a thing of the past , sent out a text message to all the students you can and I promise the word will get out.

The problem with that is that if you do it for athletics, you have to do it for every department on campus. A lot of phones are still charged txt message charges.

Email is fine, most students have to check their email every few days.

Just got back from the bus trip....really enjoyed it. Yes there were only 18 of us but we were loud, proud, and woar green....we even chanted "we want western" to all the WKU fans after the game. There were also some students there who didnt take a bus. I already know that if we make it tuesday...there is a large amount of people who wanna go. hoping they have a bus up there tuesday after noon...and let us stay the 9 since the game wont be over till about 11:30. anyways, please dont bash this, it was a lot of time changing/confusion and yes, a lack of marketing. but it was a good time and this is a new route for North Texas...this is the first time EVER for a student bus to a conference tourny. It was fun, and i hope to be back tuesday since i cant make it up there tommrow.

Edited by bstnsportsfan3

Just got back from the bus trip....really enjoyed it. Yes there were only 18 of us be we were loud, proud, and woar green....we even chanted "we want western" to all the WKU fans after the game. There were also some students there who didnt take a bus. I already know that if we make it tuesday...there is a large amount of people who wanna go. hoping they have a bus up there tuesday after noon...and let us stay the 9 since the game wont be over till about 11:30. anyways, please dont bash this, it was a lot of time changing/confusion and yes, a lack of marketing. but it was a good time and this is a new route for North Texas...this is the first time EVER for a student bus to a conference tourny. It was fun, and i hope to be back tuesday since i cant make it up there tommrow.
Glad you had a great time. Good job...the crowd was loud. :)

Just got back from the bus trip....really enjoyed it. Yes there were only 18 of us but we were loud, proud, and woar green....we even chanted "we want western" to all the WKU fans after the game. There were also some students there who didnt take a bus. I already know that if we make it tuesday...there is a large amount of people who wanna go. hoping they have a bus up there tuesday after noon...and let us stay the 9 since the game wont be over till about 11:30. anyways, please dont bash this, it was a lot of time changing/confusion and yes, a lack of marketing. but it was a good time and this is a new route for North Texas...this is the first time EVER for a student bus to a conference tourny. It was fun, and i hope to be back tuesday since i cant make it up there tommrow.

Nice job and continue to spread the word!

Yes I have heard about taking the initiative. Don't try to call me out personally. I am telling you the truth. You have no idea what I had going on in my life this week. You have no clue as to my level of preoccupation or even as to what may be requiring my attention besides the usual school and work. It is stupid to make a general statement that 'it is everyone else's fault' I never said it is. I am saying, that in this instance, casual-level fans were not aware that they could go to the conference tourney on the school's dime and to call them out for being lame, and not caring, is stupid. For the most part, they didn't know it was there.

It is easy to get the message out. As for those emails, neither I nor my wife, best friend, classmate, or other class mate received one. That was just a quick look around the people who were with me when I asked. Of that group 5 out of 5 would have taken advantage of it if we had known.

Now, are you really going the our-country-is-doomed-cuz-these-durned-kids route because I said the school did a poor job getting the word out about this particular event? Please. No one that I know thinks that they are entitled to a free anything, by the way, so save your bitter-old-man routine for someone else.

As for the pride thing? I have pride in my school. I am a realist though. The thinking that schools (and nations) are inherently good are ignorant to say the least. North Texas is good because it is North Texas? BS. 'North Texas is good because of the level of quality education and experience it provides' is a better answer.

So, yes, I think UNT should win ALOT of games and show a consistent, quality product for a decent amount of time before it starts whining about people not loving it.

Ok Ok Ok. You had a rough week. You're excused! Next.

I am at school every week. I didn't hear about it. If I had heard about it I couldn't have gone because I have to work this weekend. I could have arranged my schedule around it (ie. PLANNED for it) if it was announced a month or two in advance. Hell, even a couple weeks in advance would have helped out. They could have handled this better, and gotten a big rowdy crowd at the game(s).

Letting me know something is going to happen is not treating me like a baby.

Expecting a bus-load of students to be able to drop their weekend plans at the last moment (which may or may include working and preparing for tests) to go to Arkansas is a tad on the unreasonable side.

In this age of communication we have a terrible website that screams annoyingly, little or no email alerts concerning the team, no use of text-updates, and basically a crappy marketing department.

With what seems like half the student population walking around with iPhones, why do we not get our Tech guys to make a UNT app? why do we suck so much?

That's funny..."expecting a bus-load of students to be able to drop their weekend plans at the last moment"...really a riot...I am laughing my "you know what off" with that comment. You HAVE GOT to be kidding...I can definitely buy into the "working" situation, but everthing else is pure "horse feathers" when it comes to college students. Make it a last minute Cold Play concert on campus and see how many are able to drop "plans at the last minute" or let Mr or Ms "right" decide they can after all go out with you at the "last minute" and see what happens to "plans". Come on...these are college students...like they have plans cast in concrete???? I may be a bit "ancient" compared to college students these days, but my memory has not failed me as yet. Last minute changes to "plans" is a way of life for college students...I do not buy the study thing at all...been there done that...you want to go, it's a priority for you...you find a way...last minute or last second.

I do, however, agree that the AD could have done a better job getting the word out. But, with 35,000 students it is simply amazing that only 18 showed up.

Instead of criticizing the students who didn't show, I say "thanks" to all those who did make it (and many drove on their own).

Student attendance at basketball games is WAY up.

Yeah, I mean I wish more had made it, but I really appreciate all who did go. I wonder how our crowd will be tonight, I know a few people drove back to DFW after the game. I hope we still have solid support, but the UALR fans might get behind us and help out.

Yeah, I mean I wish more had made it, but I really appreciate all who did go. I wonder how our crowd will be tonight, I know a few people drove back to DFW after the game. I hope we still have solid support, but the UALR fans might get behind us and help out.

there is no bus today...so it will be lacking...and there are ALOT of WKU fans up there...but it looks like they will be having a bus on tuesday if we beat western tonight...

Instead of criticizing the students who didn't show, I say "thanks" to all those who did make it (and many drove on their own).

Student attendance at basketball games is WAY up.

Yes, way to go to the 18 who made it! And to those who found a way to make it to Hot Springs on their own. If one will look at my prior posts on this I have been pretty vocal about thanking the students who have shown up for games. Especuially the Pit Crew members. I will say once more...WELL DONE!

Flyer, if your comment was directed my way...I was having some "fun" about the part of the quote about students not being able to "change" plans! That is, IMHO, the laguh line of the day! I will smile about that one every time I think about it. You have to admit, that's pretty funny! :lol::shocking:

I'm not even talking about the kids on the bus man, I'm talking about alumni that just drove up for the weekend. Like I said earlier Trojan fans may get behind us because they wanna avoid WKU. We could have a large backing.

Edited by CMJ

I'm not even talking about the kids on the bus man, I'm talking about alumni that just drove up for the weekend. Like I said earlier Trojan fans may get behind us because they wanna avoid WKU. We could have a large backing.

And I hope ULAR wins... I want to remind Snoop Dog (LaMarvon Jackson)...

Hey, Snoop! SNOOP DOG! Remember me? Yeah, you remember... the guy in the Seuss hat. Didn't I say you'd see my face again?!?! Didn't I?!

I really don't think most students check their UNT emails. Anyway, I have my new eagleconnect email setup in thunderbird with my normal email, so I check it everyday (otherwise I probably wouldn't, since it mostly just gets junk mail with job offers for crappy side jobs). I didn't get one email regarding anything to do with UNT athletics.

Edit: I just checked my old eaglemail account too, and no emails were sent there either. I don't think "several emails have been sent out" is entirely accurate... considering I haven't received one.

Edited by aprice

I really don't think most students check their UNT emails. Anyway, I have my new eagleconnect email setup in thunderbird with my normal email, so I check it everyday (otherwise I probably wouldn't, since it mostly just gets junk mail with job offers for crappy side jobs). I didn't get one email regarding anything to do with UNT athletics.

Edit: I just checked my old eaglemail account too, and no emails were sent there either. I don't think "several emails have been sent out" is entirely accurate... considering I haven't received one.

several emails were sent out if you contacted deanofstudents@unt.edu like the flyer that was handed out last wednesday at the game said....then yes there were several emails as i recived them all and got another today!