Football: Dodge Touts Third Class

mgsteve

From this article:

“Our first recruiting class we signed six wide receivers and three of them are gone now,” Dodge said.

I know Dibrell is one of the 3 that are gone. Who are the other 2 (Fentris is maybe one due to his career-ending injury)?

I know for sure that Marcus King (from Euless Trinity) is gone; I think the other might be Evan Walker-I thought I saw somewhere he was leaving. It's unfortunate that King left for the reason he stated; wanting more playing time (left before the season started). He probably would have gotten that playing time here last year if he'd stayed. I don't believe Fentriss was part of that first recruiting class, but came here while still rehabbing from injury as a transfer.

Edited by eulessismore

I know for sure that Marcus King (from Euless Trinity) is gone; I think the other might be Evan Walker-I thought I saw somewhere he was leaving. It's unfortunate that King left for the reason he stated; wanting more playing time (left before the season started). He probably would have gotten that playing time here last year if he'd stayed. I don't believe Fentriss was part of that first recruiting class, but came here while still rehabbing from injury as a transfer.

I think, technically, it would be four total from that class. Wasn't Fentriss a semester transfer in 2007 and then sat out that season? That would put him as part of the 2007 class, like Stradford and other transfers with this class. So, Fentriss, Dibrell, Walker, King. Missing anyone?

Guest GrayEagleOne

Fentriss was not a part of the first recruiting class from any information that I could find. He transferred from Rice after the signing. I think that he might have grayshirted but I'm not sure.

According to the information that I captured, there were six wide receivers in Dodge's first class. Breece Johnson, Lewis and Roberson are still here and Dibrell, King and Walker have left the program.

I did find out that Lewis was moved to defense because he was also experienced from his high school days but only played in two games, pulled a hamstring, and redshirted last year (which they could do because he played as a true freshman).

Players have 5 years to play 4 years, so a player can redshirt at any time.

The coaches had several players they would have liked to redshirt from the

2008 class, like OG Coleman Feeley. Due to injuries, Feeley got his opportunity

late in the season to play due to injuries with the OL group. Feeley was ready

to go, and proved that he is a D1 lineman! If Coleman had not played in

2008, the staff could have used 2008 as a red shirt year. Coleman still

can take a redshirt year at a later date, but with the year he had, I think

he is in the OL for the next 3 years.

Fentriss was not a part of the first recruiting class from any information that I could find. He transferred from Rice after the signing. I think that he might have grayshirted but I'm not sure.

According to the information that I captured, there were six wide receivers in Dodge's first class. Breece Johnson, Lewis and Roberson are still here and Dibrell, King and Walker have left the program.

I did find out that Lewis was moved to defense because he was also experienced from his high school days but only played in two games, pulled a hamstring, and redshirted last year (which they could do because he played as a true freshman).

Good data about Lewis, I wondered what happened to him. I wonder which side of the ball he will end up next year. You are correct about the freshmen wr signees. Fentress, I think should be added as he was signed that year but had to set out a year after transferring from Rice.