What Would We Have To Do To Get Straight Answers?

KingDL1

I think it is time for a general meeting between RV, TD and the alumni to discuss the current state of the football program. I want some straight answers, and we need to grill the two of them until we get it.

I don't just think it, I know that we are owed some real answers.

Why are we where we are, as far as the defections and what is being done about it?

I keep hearing that none of the players can stand TD and that is so contrary to what I have always heard about the man by people the claim they know him well.

I mean a coming to Jesus conversation.

Or I think several more Alumni will be done with this mess, and I may be one of them.

I think it is time for a general meeting between RV, TD and the alumni to discuss the current state of the football program. I want some straight answers, and we need to grill the two of them until we get it.

Why are we where we are, as far as the defections and what is being done about it?

I keep hearing that none of the players can stand TD and that is so contrary to what I have always heard about the man by people the claim they know him well.

Or I think several more Alumni will be done with this mess, and I may be one of them.

Serious question for all alumni/fans: What would it take, aside from abolishing the program, to make you walk awya from the program? Some folks,like FFR, I suspect would say nothing--others may have a different opinion.

Serious question for all alumni/fans: What would it take, aside from abolishing the program, to make you walk awya from the program? Some folks,like FFR, I suspect would say nothing--others may have a different opinion.

If this was Nebraska I might consider leaving this program at a hospital :angry:

In all seriousness though, I'll never walk away from the program.

My concern is the students. They have had so much momentum with turning this thing around attendance wise. All these incidents start adding up and killing momentum.

What also kills me is apparently this coaching staff is breeding a new group of parents and players and pretty soon fans who will have nothing but bad things to say about my alma mater

The media room at the Pourhouse can be mine anytime. Get TD and RV in there and lets have a state of the Union

I don't think this meeting is or should happen. Let it play out and bring in Franchione if Todd doesn't win by the end of his contract. I still love going to Mean Green games and Todd and Co will not be the end of the program for me. This is coming from a fan since '86 who frankly doesn't think we will win a game in 2009. With that said I will be there having fun enjoying my team and waiting for the next coach to come on board. Honestly, I don't think it will get worse - never say never - but we are over the hump of dealing with this mess - so continue to build attendance, follow the Green, enjoy the tailgates and prepare for the turnaround in 2011.

GMG

Emotionally connected to the cowboys - not so much - who cares

Emotionally connected to the mavs - at least they try but they won't even make the playoffs - do care and like that they fight

Emotionally connected to the Mean Green - absolutely - care they are so bad - can do nothing about it but support them and will

Stars - nice team that will get waxed by DE-TROIT come May.

who are the rangers?

Coaches and players come and go, I will always be alumni and I am not going to walk away.

That being said, I do think there should be some answers for what is going on, but most of us know what is going on. I think Lonnie said it earlier in the season, some people associated with this program are in Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over their head.

I received a phone call today that made me feel better about this whole thing, not nearly as PO'ed as I was.

There seems to be much more to this story and a complete other side to it, so to say the least it probably is a very good decision for both Gio and UNT.

Good luck Gio.

But RV and TD should still have a meeting to clear the air.

Darrell Dickey is laughing his a$$ off somehwere drinking a beer and smoking a cig!

I am not giving up on the Mean Green, but my money is!!

I already cancelled my plans to make my annual Mean Green Road Trip XVI (Tuscaloosa)

and I will only be purchasing one instead of four season tickets this year!

Money is the only thing that will bring about answers and change......and if it kills the stadium...so be it......I enjoyed the D1-AA days...at least we were realistic about what we were.....We are the 50+ lady with a boob job and facelift....at the end of the day. We are what we are!!!!!!!

I have enough caps, shirts, jackets and hoodies to last me awhile......The UNT History Dept will be the beneficary of my funds instead of this JOKE of a football program.....

P.S. See you opening game..I will be the one sitting by myself.......

A few thoughts:

-If you have been reading my few posts here-you would not be suprised by anything that is happening or will happen. I had already been hearing it.

-Those of you saying "it can't get any worse"-----this has been said for the last 2 months already and guess what-it probably will get worse yet.

-Rv and Td have been at odds the last few months

-Rv told Td to make assistant coaching changes-he refused. :ph34r:

-Rv told Td 2009 will be his make or break season-not necessarily judged by wins and losses.

-Pray some of our more talented underclassmen don't transfer-if not now-in the summer.

-The players and some parents have lost faith in Td and his ability to build a winner

-The assistant coaching staff(save Deloach) is in so far over there heads it's ridiculous.

-Rv hired Td-so if he fires him-he thinks he will look bad.

-what few notable alumni, etc. we actually have are going to start jumping ship soon-made more easy to do by the economy.

-as previously mentioned-Td has a massive ego. He thinks he has all the answers.

-Td better recruit a JC quarterback immediately-or else. Riley will get hurt-bank on it. Then what?

Yes friends-it is time for some answers from RV-the question is-Does he know the answer? Tough times ahead for sure. So sad. :(

I received a phone call today that made me feel better about this whole thing, not nearly as PO'ed as I was.

There seems to be much more to this story and a complete other side to it, so to say the least it probably is a very good decision for both Gio and UNT.

Good luck Gio.

But RV and TD should still have a meeting to clear the air.

there was a lot of pr damage already done by the past seasons records and now all the defections only add to the misery. some quotes from the coach or ad that says they have a handle on things would help. future season ticket buyers are leary of the product value right now.

A few thoughts:

-If you have been reading my few posts here-you would not be suprised by anything that is happening or will happen. I had already been hearing it.

-Those of you saying "it can't get any worse"-----this has been said for the last 2 months already and guess what-it probably will get worse yet.

-Rv and Td have been at odds the last few months

-Rv told Td to make assistant coaching changes-he refused. :ph34r:

-Rv told Td 2009 will be his make or break season-not necessarily judged by wins and losses.

-Pray some of our more talented underclassmen don't transfer-if not now-in the summer.

-The players and some parents have lost faith in Td and his ability to build a winner

-The assistant coaching staff(save Deloach) is in so far over there heads it's ridiculous.

-what few notable alumni, etc. we actually have are going to start jumping ship soon-made more easy to do by the economy.

-as previously mentioned-Td has a massive ego. He thinks he has all the answers.

-Td better recruit a JC quarterback immediately-or else. Riley will get hurt-bank on it. Then what?

Yes friends-it is time for some answers from RV-the question is-Does he know the answer? Tough times ahead for sure. So sad. :(

People are forgetting Nathan Tune, a very talented young man. Speaking of Celina, wonder if the coaching staff has visited with the RB , he has serious skills. as Napoleon would say.

A few thoughts:

If this is true, RV is a complete and utter idiot. Keeping TD on as coach, going through several more terrible years, makes RV look good? This is the first time I think I've publicly said this but RV has taken us about as far as he can. We need to get someone that can lead the athletic dept like it should, with the highest priority on his list, get a new head coach and experienced assistant coaches.

If this is true, RV is a complete and utter idiot. Keeping TD on as coach, going through several more terrible years, makes RV look good? This is the first time I think I've publicly said this but RV has taken us about as far as he can. We need to get someone that can lead the athletic dept like it should, with the highest priority on his list, get a new head coach and experienced assistant coaches.

I don't think it is far-fetched to say RV is going to live or die with TD's success (or lack thereof). It's been discussed here before.

We'll see.

That's a great idea! Cut off the money, and we're certain to see great improvements across the board!

Flyer, you certainly have a bright future with Goldman Sachs or the Big three after graduation.

Look at it like this. Say you buy your son a new car. Two months later he wrecks it and out of love for the kiddo you pay to get it fixed. Two months later he wrecks it again. Bad luck, right? Pay to get it fixed again.

Well, this happens a few more times. You finally have to make the decision that he is either gonna have to fix it himself or quit wrecking the damn thing.

Edited by GangGreen