Bad night for both teams vs. Denver

bandgeek

It was nice to see the guys make a late rally in the double header, but to me, they seemed destined to lose after 5 minutes in. First of all, did anybody notice how many open shots under the basket the boys missed! But even worse was the free throw percentage! If they would have made half of their free throws, this game would have been ours. (Not to mentioned help in the last 2 minutes)

As for the girls, they looked flat the entire time. I remarked to one of my buds before the girls game that they looked flat during their warm-ups, and you could see it the entire game... lots of bad passes (how many steals were there??!!), bad shot selection, and a lot of little mistakes. Denver should have been an easy win, and it's too bad they had to lose like that.

Here's to Thursday!

Yeah, I forgot about how bad those refs were... I can't believe some of the things they were letting them get away with. I've seem better called street games.

BTW, did anyone see the hack one of our girls gave after the Denver player was called for traveling... I'd love to see that bruse in the morning

Men's game was brutal to watch. They completely fell apart down the stretch, bad shots, quick shots, missed open shots. Definitely a lack of poise and they just could not finish the game. They got ahead toward the end and the crowd was cheering, etc. (something it didn't do much of most of the game because it was so sloppy), but the team just did not respond to the crowd.

My view of the men's game can be summed up quite simply:

free throws & rebounding

free throws & rebounding

free throws & rebounding

free throws & rebounding

free throws & rebounding

free throws & rebounding

free throws & rebounding

If you want to win a basketball game, you have to be good at both (at least 1 out of 2) and we got killed on the boards and I don't know if I've ever seen that many missed free throws in a college bball game before.

And what a momentum killing call the foul on Davis was when he passed ahead for a wide open lay up late in the game. That killed us.

We need to win the next two at home to stay in it.

GMG

And what a momentum killing call the foul on Davis was when he passed ahead for a wide open lay up late in the game.  That killed us.

That foul was utter crap, Davis was in the air and a a denver player slid under him, before Davis hit the ground and forced Davis to land on top of him, that is illegal, its a blocking foul, not a charge...

One foul won't usually win/lose a game, but that was how the entire game was called. Denver had as many FT's at the half as we did the entire game, how does that happen at home?

<_>

It was the timing of the bad calls that seemed to kill us in the 2nd half. They always came just as we were getting some momentum.

I have never seen one ref make so many bad calls in my life...all of them momentum killing calls.

That "charging" foul he called was the worst call I've seen in a long time. Then he followed it up with a blocking call against UNT where I swear our player wasn't even close to touching the Denver shooter.

Yes, I know, you can't blame a loss solely on the officiating, and yes, there were bad calls both ways.

BUT, the TIMING of the bad calls against UNT kept killing the momentum, keeping the guys from getting good runs going.