A Couple Of Things To Consider

eulessismore

One is in response to the continued frustration I sense among our members due to such a disappointing season this last year, and another due to the reminder of those who have hurt themselves and others, often in increasing numbers at this time of year.

1. I believe (although I can always be wrong in some cases) that all our members care about UNT and want our football program to thrive, with winning seasons, championships, post season play, winning in post season, and graduating student-athletes who are prepared for the future, and who are a credit to themselves and to North Texas. I think that we just perceive what it will take to get there differently, and that we can disagree in an agreeable manner as to the methodology, knowing that we do care about our alma mater and about each other.

2. It's easy to get busy at this time of year and to forget that many people, including people we love, may get depressed at this time of year for various reasons, and it not be noticed in all the hoopla. Let's all try to reach out to those we encounter at this time of year, especially those who need a little encouragement. Sometimes a kind word or a pat on the back can do a lot of good.

One is in response to the continued frustration I sense among our members due to such a disappointing season this last year, and another due to the reminder of those who have hurt themselves and others, often in increasing numbers at this time of year.

1. I believe (although I can always be wrong in some cases) that all our members care about UNT and want our football program to thrive, with winning seasons, championships, post season play, winning in post season, and graduating student-athletes who are prepared for the future, and who are a credit to themselves and to North Texas. I think that we just perceive what it will take to get there differently, and that we can disagree in an agreeable manner as to the methodology, knowing that we do care about our alma mater and about each other.

2. It's easy to get busy at this time of year and to forget that many people, including people we love, may get depressed at this time of year for various reasons, and it not be noticed in all the hoopla. Let's all try to reach out to those we encounter at this time of year, especially those who need a little encouragement. Sometimes a kind word or a pat on the back can do a lot of good.

Amen, brotha.

I agree with your #1 point, but I especially agree with #2.

The irony of the Holidays is that while it elevates the joy of the people who have things (mostly friends and family), it exaggerates the disparity to those who don't have much....or anything. Of course, some of the depression is also due to SADD.

So, while you are wishing people a Merry Christmas, try to tell them how genuinely glad you are to see them. And include them in your celebrations as much as you can.